UT on Vista

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

If that worked for u, then I must be doing something terribly wrong.
Basicly my UT is now named as "Unreal Tournament - cpuspeed=2500".
I went to task manager and checked UT's affinitys. It had CPU0 and CPU1. Default was that only CPU0 was ticked, so I didnt change anything.
Nothing changed in gameplay though :(

dont need the - speed its the power down of cpu u need to stop follow these instructions and ut should run fine with no affinity

Code:
make a new txt document on desktop

put this command in it

powercfg.cpl,1

Save as Power.cmd

double click it

navigate to Processor power management section 

set min-max to the same figure in plugged in state to ie min 100% max 100%

ut should now run ok

save the power.cmd incase u want to set it back after wards

i have same problem. "Speed up - Slowmotion -> Speed up -> Slowmotion" keep happening.

I tried to fix it:
doh said i needed this line in my shortcut: C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -cpuspeed=1300

So i added that.

Then timo said i needed affinity script, so i installed that.

Still the same, nothing really seems to help :x

Shit, now my UT is buggered. When I play online I get maybe 1 frame per 2 seconds. I uninstalled the AMD processor driver but this didn't reset UT's settings.

Reinstalled UT and I get framerate of -750 online :confused: Also UT won't exit when I do it through the menu, I have to shut it with Task Manager. Wtf is going on.

Last edited:
hmm i think i got this speed/slow thingy in offline mode

noticed last time i've tryed, i'm not on vista tho, but do have a core 2 duo

tryed what DB said but i don't have a proc management section :confused:

I'm on XP and had to use System Restore to get rid of it. UT was totally fucked but now it's OK, after I went back 3 days to a restore point. Maybe I misunderstood - is this fix only for Vista? Cos it's not a good idea to install it on XP :P

lol all you installed was this

AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64) - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination to match the instantaneous user performance need. This package is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users. This driver supports AMD Athlon 64/FX processors and supports future quad-core upgrades on Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86 and x64 Editions.

no way should it have affected ut framerates its just a driver for the cpu

I think I also installed the thing at the top of the page, thinking it was what I wanted. Whatever I did it definitely fucked UT, but it's OK now.