ut on a mac?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

xb7

We want... A SHRUBBERY!
Jun 8, 2001
Hamburg
does anyone here play ut on a mac and if so how did u get it to work?

afaik there's a native ut version for the mac but its pre osx

on the internet i found some way to patch it by replacing some files so that it'll work with osx:

http://www.veloffdesigns.com/utmac/install-osx.asp

some dude in another forum said that the same method would work with a windowsversion so as that the only version i have so far i tried it and infact i was able to start ut, however i cant connect to servers

the serverbrowser doesnt work at all so i put in the dog std ip and it even downloaded some packages but after that it just got stuck at connecting to blablabla and nothing happened

any suggestions?

Posted a thread like this a long time ago.

Have a friend who installed UT, but crashed every time he opened his server browser. Completely froze up.

Solution: Macs are gay. Don't game on a mac. :D

first of all

Mac >>>>>>>>>>>> PC

OSX >>>>>>>>>>>> Windows

i got a copy of UT that runs on my macbook pro. it ran in tiger and now i got leopard and it also works. but well, i didn t install all the stuff like leagueAS and so on so dunno if this will all work. also if i enter a public server, i have to dl some files from the server but it doesn t work, but that s prolly caus of wrtining rights on HD dunno... it has also a mountung file, so you have to mount it and then start it, but it also runs without mountung that file first... well so i don t have really experience if you can install alll the stuff and if it s running stable playin online. but it runs in "naked install version" and prolly will also run if you install alll the stuff, but didn t test as i said...

you could also just install windows on your mac, since it is a newer one with intel processor and run ut normal in windows...

slap me if you want that copy for OSX

Ut runs perfectly on a mac under os x but you need the mac version of UT.

If you get a mac copy of ut and follow those instructions it will work.

Ut runs perfectly on a mac under os x but you need the mac version of UT.

If you get a mac copy of ut and follow those instructions it will work.

okay i figured that might be the case... could take some time getting my hands on such a version

@irie: i've got a macbook with a 13" screen :p

ok i've made some progress! thx to irie i got the mac version of ut, then updated it using the guide on the site i posted above so that it would work with osx, then i downloaded the utassault stuff u need

i can now connect to the dog servers but i have problems with the league servers

i only tryed server3 and 4 (or 5 cant remember now)

so far i couldnt connect to 3 because ut freezes when it tryes to download something from that server, mayb once i have all packages it will work... but where do i get them?

i connected to server 4 without problems really but then got kicked with the message crc checksum failed and it advised me to reinstall ut

plz tell me there is some other way

i mean fo i spent enought time now with downloading and replacing and installing files and if i do it again it will prolly tell me the same

bump

so that crc checksum thing is bad i guess eh? means no league matches if i dont fix it eh?