Unlock Xan?...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Is there any way to modify your ini files so that the game lets you straight into the final battle against Xan in the single player tournament? Normally you have to win all the other tourny levels to unlock it, but someone cba doing this.

Look for the line in the ut.ini that says "game finished=no"or "completedgame=no" something liekt hat.
Cant remember the line lol

Nice one, I'll look tonight :clap:

I wrote a UT guide on GameFAQS and this is the first time anyone's mailed me with a question. Trust me to be unable to answer it :bow:

Look for the line in the ut.ini that says "game finished=no"or "completedgame=no" something liekt hat.
Cant remember the line lol

There is also a hidden model and voice, Xan. To unlock it, you need to complete the Single Player Tournament and defeating Xan. Once he's dead, you can select his voice and model. There is also a way to unlock him without having to beat the game.

[Botpack.Ladder]
HasBeatenGame=True

This will give you access to the Xan skin in Player Setup which isn't really what Useless is asking for but i guess that's the only way.

I think it's hasbeatengame=true innit? I know this lets you into the Xan skin, but I don't see how it could unlock the last level, since it would have to create a single player 'account' and then build a successful tournament challenge ladder for all maps for that player. I can't think of any way to just open up the entire ladder at once, unless the ini holds ladder information for each of the six acounts you're allowed in the single player tournament ladder option.

You would need to fill in all the saved game info, but I forget the format now. Finish one ladder and have a look in the ini, then try filling in the rest yourself.

It's in the User.ini in the [UTMenu.Slotwindow] section and looks like:

Saves[0]=5\0\1\2\0\-1\0\-1\0\-1\0\0\F\0\Quasi^

The numbers etc refer to skin, model etc but I don't recall what they all mean now

Last edited:
Saves[0]=5\0\1\2\0\-1\0\-1\0\-1\0\0\F\0\Quasi^

Thanks, Headcase, it worked perfectly :thumb: I think the first number represents the difficulty level, so a 7 would be Godlike.