two-V-two Ladder Revamp + Launch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Is it possible to enter with 2 clans?
I mean in ias I play for RoF and std is (-8-)
what if both teams will sign up, will I also be able to sign up for both teams?

guess not, but just asking :P

DB thats not what I said at all. Please keep up!

I said the servers suck and thats what needs sorting. I didnt even finish the match yesterday so what you on about? High ping had absolutely nothing to do with last nights game.

I was referring to high pingers playing zp. In this upcoming 2v2 league. I reiterate NOTHING to do with last nights match.

Is it possible to enter with 2 clans?
I mean in ias I play for RoF and std is (-8-)
what if both teams will sign up, will I also be able to sign up for both teams?

guess not, but just asking :P

No m8. It works like in other ladders. 1 ladder = 1 clan.

Unfortunately Supermic, its never going to be proven.

It will always be based on opinion. Seeing as I play in CB and other leagues in the zp mod in insta and sniper I have ALWAYS found it more difficult to hit the high pingers. It is common knowledge in the leagues aswell.

Also uzi pointed something out yesterday during the ias match. Portugal always win the zp insta leagues. Mainly because they have 100+ ping on their poor connections.

I am not entirely against zp, but still think its not totally evening everything up.

First of all, this is not insta, and in normal weapons, ping is still a big advantage with zp, it's just that some weapons are more fair at least.

Second, I play both ping 30 and ZP ping 160 games, I'll take ping 30 anytime against ZP, way better, both insta and normal.

Third, maybe hitting high pingers might be a bit diff from low pingers (though you can always turn zp off), but how is this different from non-zp, same thing there. Also, again the obvious thing that so many people miss, the higher pinger has to adjust the same way for high/low pingers, while at the same time everything else is harder for him. (timing, dodging etc etc).

Fourth, I gotta laugh at any argument on people winning because of bad connections...

Some valid points indeed Sq. Only thing I am saying is ZP in assault is not the same as ZP in other mods.

Firstly: The weapon difference causes some incompatibility, this issue has been raised before. It was fixed but still had issues with TR based weapons like Mini and Flak?

Secondly: These servers are awful at the moment. I played Server 1 and Server 6 in consequetive nights. I noticed a MASSIVE difference. Shots I would make on S6 would not register on S1. This suggests to me that ZP is just not set up correctly on these servers (or cannot be made to).

Thirdly: I dont mean anything about conn. At end of day thats not gonna be fixed is it? However high pingers are harder to hit in ZP and I notice it a lot more in ZP than I do in regular ping.

Fourth: To sum it up, because this is becoming pointless as I highly doubt you will have enough backers to make this ZP.... The majority believe that the advantage will be switched, regardless of whether you can back up your opinion on there being no advantage and it being even. I personally find it quite a bit more difficult to hit higher pingers on ZP than low pingers.

very nice job timo and brajan, thanks :thumb:

my thoughts:

- if one of the 2 teams wants ZP then the match should be played with ZP on.
- normal 2v2 rules: rocketlaunching allowed, double hammer as far as the antidoublemut allows it!

about ZP: with normal weapons its completely different than with insta! so its ok imho..

Firstly: The weapon difference causes some incompatibility, this issue has been raised before. It was fixed but still had issues with TR based weapons like Mini and Flak?

Minigun isn't a ZP weapon so it's not affected by this mod in ANY way. The only valid weapons modified and supported by ZP are instant hit ones (sniper rifle, primary shock rifle, pistols). Mini, flak, rockets, bio, etc. are still normal weapons no matter if you run ZP or not.

Minigun isn't a ZP weapon so it's not affected by this mod in ANY way. The only valid weapons modified and supported by ZP are instant hit ones (sniper rifle, primary shock rifle, pistols). Mini, flak, rockets, bio, etc. are still normal weapons no matter if you run ZP or not.

Exactly. Torp, seriously, you don't even know which weapons are zp. That pretty much says it all...
Anyway, as seas_ said, I ain't trying to force anything, I'm looking for fun and fair play in the 2v2 league, zp does that for me, so I don't see where the problem is.

Sq, which is why I said I wasn;t sure about the 1s that were TR based... I never said I knew anything about it did I? I knew it was an issue before it was introduced into AS. I remember there being problems originally. I didn't know about it being implimented this way. This still doesn't alter the fact that ZP is not the same in Assault servers as it is in CTF, what is it about this you aren;t getting?

Why are you moving this onto what you think is my main ignorance? Please Sq, this is about the servers and your ping being an advantage in ZP, not about weapons. Stop clutching at straws. Please find me any1 in a sniper ctf league that will say fighting high pingers is as easy as fighting normal/low pingers... You wont because it is fact that its harder.

Last edited:
And how is that different from non-zp? And why do you keep ignoring that it is the same problem on the ZP player side point of view, if you have trouble hitting him, he has trouble hitting you. You're just making silly arguments.

It's very simple really: ZP is not an advantage, it's there to reduce the huge advantage a low ping player has against a high pinger. A low pinger still has an advantage, zp doesn't somehow move your pc next to the server.
Any attempts to make it a magical power to defend zp players and beat everyone else are pathetic. I don't see a point in keeping at this anymore, contact me on irc #coh if you want.

Nah there is no need Sq. I have my opinions on the matter and you have yours. I think and have witnessed it being MORE difficult to hit high pingers when ZP is there, even more than it is when its non-zp and hitting high pingers. It isnt just me thinking this either. Enough on this, I dont mind it being an option but I for one wont be accepting ZP if I am playing a 2v2.

Cool, and I for one won't be accepting any games with egoist players either, or rather, I'll only play you on american servers where I can ping rape you, because it's "more" difficult to play on higher ping...and you're welcome to use zp there if u want. Keep ignoring the fact that you can turn zp off client side btw.

Anyway, good to know you think that way, wasn't sure until now.

lol egoist.

I dont have an issue with zp and my own aim, only that it increases the difficulty in hitting you. Why would I increase that difficulty and then allow you an even aim?

Tell you what... You could always re-open an NA league, I mean you want to be entitled to that aim but you want this to happen in a European based league?

Like I said Sq, I don't agree with it, that doesn't make me egoist. Good luck with getting it added and even more goodluck in getting ANYONE to agree to play you on it.

Ok enough now from you both. You have made your points clear, please move to IRC now before it gets too personal. Remember that this is about the two-V-two League. The zP matter will be discussed in the admin team and with players but give us some time, the league hasnt even been launched yet!

Last edited:
Stick to the topic guys. ZP was/is/will be optional and never forced in any NW ladder.
END OF ZP SUBJECT!

gg
Have fun in the nl/uk-only 2v2 league. Seems the rest of us aren't wanted, at least with a fair chance so why bother.