twnZ Movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

twnZ

Oct 12, 2004
UK
After watching the recent movies Dj and w1sh made, and having watched Killerdude's teaser of my old video clips, I thought I'd put the effort in to get the movie done as soon as possible.

Finally, it's done.

Movie details:

Well this is the first movie I've ever made, however, I've been playing around with the settings in Vegas for 1-2 months to try and make the movie as good as possible. Maximum settings would simply not work on my pc, but I made alterations and tried to get the quality as best I could so that it wouldn't disappoint.

I've got Dj to thank for helping me out on certain areas I had trouble with, and Killerdude for the teaser he made.

What I used:

Vegas Pro 9.0
Fraps
Virtualdub
Xvid
Virtual DJ

Music used:

Liberi Fatali ( This song comes from Final Fantasy VIII, one of the best games I've ever played)

Andain - Beautiful Things (Roger Shah Magic Island Remix)

I'm not a fan of extreme special effects when it comes to UT, but I hope you all enjoy this movie.

Movie size is 640MB
Length of the movie is 9:37

Link for download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0O4J9WZY

Not bad for your first attempt in making a movie, like I said in DJ's topic, strange that ppl go for strange transitions but that is your choice, would have wanted some more then sniper only ^^

Good to see ppl are still putting an effort into making movies :thumb:

sniper aim is just :eek:

Really nice movie! :) Enjoyed it a lot. Some sick shots in there :D

Some criticism:
The music didn't fit in so well with the movie IMHO. It did in the start text and it fit in 6 minutes in and to the end. But I didn't think it fit in well before that. Well, music is so subjective anyway.

I think you should have used some slomo clips too, like for example when you headshotted dontrememberwho on desertstorm bridge attacking samsite. Looks like you only see his head there or if even that. + other situations. Replays would have been good too perhaps with zoom and slomo just to show more clearly what happens. When you snipe people in the air without zoom it's hard to see how many times you hit.
Did you want to have the movie without replays and fast paced instead? Or just like DJ and me didn't wanna put too much work into it with edits. The content is what it most important anyway. I do like replays so I don't have to pause and rewind to watch again but keep on watching. I over did it in my movie though. I missed replays in DJ's movie too. Would have been good to see some things from other angles IMO.

Anyway. Nice skills and some amazing stuff in it. Great movie. Gonna watch it again now :)

Last edited:
I agree with supermic and solar. Also I get owned too many times :(

I also miss seeing health/ammo status, but that's prolly just me :P

Music felt... forced.

I didn't watch it yet, I just like to comment on the ego console spammers.

DL... Btw is there a movie disease out there? Movies popping up at the strangest places!
Fun thou to see some movies :satan:

nice twnz, releasing a movie during my exams :thumb:

nah ;) honestly, i'll dl as far as im done with exams and give u feedback, but i'm expecting much ;)

so far

k so i watched it and liked it a lot because the content is pretty sick.
even tho it was mostly sniper i didn't find it boring.
and there were a few kills with other weapons here and there.

the music was alright altho the quite different genres were a bit weird to crossfade/mix together.
you could have used some other transitions as the others pointed out :D
or even -> leave the transitions out :D must save heaps of rendering time :D

all in all very high skilled and fun to watch (just like DJs movie imo, but still one can see that you play a different style. [ you seem to zoom more on shorter distances than for far away shots :lol: ] ). and very good choice of your last scene because this was the one scene that made me do the definition of 'i loled irl' :spit:

Watched the movie. Was a bit diffrent compared to my movie, perhaps cause we got so diffrent play style, i dont know. But i liked it alot and u focued on the content as did i.

in my opiion thats what u want to se really. Off course its fun with effects and so on but i
rather movies with good content than crap content with fancy effects.

Content was really nice. Best scene off course the single rocket kill on charge on "Mottu".
Dunno if its Riv or Pogo ?! :)

remembered last scene where i camped with rox one with minigun and one with snipe but we failed hard

good effort.

Last edited:
some really sick kills, fast action i vote for 2nd tune :)

Nice movie :coolfip:

and don't forget to backup ur .dem :P (the last clip on the Teaser where u jump on Schla.mp3's head should have been included )

Very nice skills as expected got that W!sh deja vu feeling!
Some moments was really lol ;)))))))))))))))99999999 :satan:

Thanks for making the movie I enjoyed watching it.

Good points:
I for one liked both songs
I prefered your zoom in transitions to Dj's page peels even though it did get a bit repetitive
very nice bootjump for 2nd on bridge, according to sound you barely charged you hammer <=== I will steal this :P
the last shot of the movie I must admit was 1 of the most skilled assault shots i've seen :clap:
no HUD contributes to the fast paced theme of the movie so gj for that
good quality/size/length

Bad points:
briefly mentionned earlier varying transitions/not putting any might have been better overall
too much of a sniperfest for me, I enjoyed the shock and rocket kills a lot more, only about 30% of the sniper shots impressed me (mostly the funny ones)
not sure about this one since the fast paced movie was good in a way but a replay/slomo on some shots might have been nice