Top Martial Arts films

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
Okay, just put in your favourite martial art films.

I personally prefer the "oldskool" type films, the ones which are not hollywood'ised'.

I have the Bruce lee, collectors edition set which has all bruce lees film excluding one, the one with the guy that has a claw for a hand, cant remember name.

I like Prodigal son

From Jet li: Twin warriors and Fist of legend (both recommended to me by mkz).

Jackie chan: Drunken master, snake in the eagles shadow.

Post your favourites :)

bruce lee > enter the dragon

and i must say shangai noon was amusing, not best martial arts film but deffo some good ol'entertainment

Jackie Chan, First Strike (?)

The bit where he dives through the step ladder is just superb, especially when you watch the out takes at the end.

Some of Jackie Chan's Police Story films are pretty awesome, aint seen em for a while tho.... gotta mention Rumble in the Bronx too :D

Drunken master ownz too :D

Theres loads of really old chinese and hong kong films that i loved but i cant remember their names :(:(

Yeah I would have to say that fav overall Martial Arts film is either Enter the Dragon, or another Bruce Lee flick.

For fav Martial Arts sequence in a film (and I'm going to slagged rotten for this) would have to be hands down: The Matrix - Neo vs Morpheos (in the dojo)

The 1st time I saw that film I had no idea that was coming and the more I saw of it I realised that they were stunt doubles, or faces imprinted on by cgi, and it just simply blew my socks off.

Enter the Dragon is a bit special as a M/A movie as its kind of the one everyone watched as Kids ..its "the" entry level M/A film .. and its special as it has both Bruce Lee in it and Jackie Chan (even if its only for a brief moment) along with others. Jackie chan did the Stunts for Bruce Lee in the film .. he also did them in Fist of Fury aswel which i prefer to enter the dragon.

Project A and Wheels on Meals are two of my fav Jackie Chan movie as they have Samo Hung and Yuen Biao in aswell and the 3 together are amazing acrobatic Martial Artist.

but Hogo introduced me to some old Japanese Movies by director Akira Kurosawa staring Toshiro Mifune
Yojimbo (which i still have his copy of *cough*) and Seven Samurai amazing films tbh ...

Last edited:
mc has already pointed out the best martial arts films ever, the once upon a time in china movies r also decent

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/codmunkz/jetlisstar.rar

i made an edit ;p then gave up half way through :/

i also quite like the 80s american kickboxer-ish cheese, kickboxer is pretty good imo, as is bloodsport, best of the best etc

For fav Martial Arts sequence in a film has to be tong poo getting boomed in kickboxer at the end that was mint :lol: Nuk Sue Coa! yeeeee

most of the movies that Jackie Chan and Jet Li made in their homeland are neat. snake in the eagles shadow is the favorite I guess.

Rich said:
oh and if you have seen Yojimbo you have seen 'A Fist full of Dollars'. fist full of dollar is a rippoff all the way thru :o

The movie with Jet Li where he saves a Chinese martail arts school while China was invaded with the Japanese.... Very cool style. Bit of Aikido mixed with Kung Fu but the Aikido part is more like Jui Jutsu, efficient and VERY fast..

Siu lam juk kau (Shaolin Soccer) is the best martial art movie... nice effects anyway. to be more serious I say the Once Upon a Time in China series have some nice fights.

most film where Bolo Young kicks some ass. He ROX :bowdown:
He's Chung Li in Bloodsport and 'Bolo' in Enter the dragon, for those of you who cant put a face to that name.
shit now u got me searching the imdb....
lets all not forget arsekicker Cynthia Rothrock, the only female MA star i know the name of.
Favorite funny-value MA movie probaly is "Master of the Flying Guillotine". The one with a blind master who has this dicapitation device on a chain, goes around ripping the noggin of ppl if they even breathe (almost anyway :D). (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072913/)

Last edited:
Durnik said:
Siu lam juk kau (Shaolin Soccer) is the best martial art movie... nice effects anyway. to be more serious I say the Once Upon a Time in China series have some nice fights.

I got Shoalin Soccer Special Edition DVD ;)
Nice effects n all, but not exactly serious like you said
I can still recommend it to ppl though ;)