Tiw!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you be interested of getting TIW into the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnTi

Ðøgø
Aug 28, 2002
Poland
The vote is public to see how many players from each clans would be interested!

There were a fewl threads about TIW already, this one will be a 'final' one, we`re setting a poll to see how many people would be interested of getting TIW into the league.

Before you vote you should read entire post and check out facts about TIW.

So what is TIW? It`s a shortcut from Tickrate Independant Weapons. TIW reduces or eliminates affecting Tickrate on weapons like Minigun and PulseGun. In other words, having TIW running + setting Tickrate higher wouldn`t make any affect on Minigun power.

Basically TIW is now everywhere, if you play something more than AS you know it, even UT PURE has own TIW running on servers, also Cratos and Timo are running TIW on DFP and DoG Public Servers since some years now.

What would TIW change then? A lot of thing!
  • Reduce terrible FPS lowering during Minigun Battles.
  • Set Minigun/Pulse power on one level across all servers independent of Tickrate.
  • Reduce Minigun 'rape' (I`m talking here about Minigun kill in 0,999 sec etc..)
  • Still, it would be possible to kill someone with Minigun in 1 second tho, as TIW doesn`t disable your aiming.
  • It makes the Minigun power more stable on the servers. Without TIW the minigun power can fluctuate +/- 50% within a few seconds in the same game (from 'rape' to 'useless')
  • Stop people from moaning about Mini power all the time.

Up to you to decide if we should welcome TIW. :]

how exactly would this affect FPS? the graphical effect of the minigun/pulse doesnt change; its only the damage code thats altered. or not? (I would like an answer from Polle or Cratos if possible)

due to some bugs the original minigun can cause logging of tons of accessed none's into your logfile, this can lower your fps. Tho this is not the main point of TIW. The main point of TIW is that it stops the fluctuation of the power level that happens on different servers and even on the same server. And the powerlevel wont be dependent of serversettings like tickrate any more. So from a technical pov there's absolutely nothing that speaks against TIW, guess thats the reason why all other leagues in this world use TIW since years

From what I can read here it looks interesting. So I voted yes.

Thrasher (_!_) said:
cool. makes me laugh how those scared of losing killing power are not saying anything....just quietly voting no.

not that at all, watch me play and you'll know how silly that sounds, simply think that the league has been like this for a long time, i don't notice the problem agreat deal, and think after 5 years its not worth it.

-- all the comments everyone else has made are basically saying what they voted, or saying what they voted in block/caps :eek: - since its a public poll this doesnt bare much use.

Last edited:
Mushroomhead said:
not that at all, watch me play and you'll know how silly that sounds, simply think that the league has been like this for a long time, i don't notice the problem agreat deal, and think after 5 years its not worth it.
yea why try to imrpove something which was good for so a long time? oh wait maybe to make it better because it will be better with tiw.

prolly cos ppl have been bringing this up for years, and time and time again its stopped by noobs who cant aim and dont wanna lose their precious mini rape

Reactions: Snuggs
Status
Not open for further replies.