The proposed sony handheld...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

despite being 32 bit, the GBA has the power of a Sega megadrive.

If the sony handheld has the power of a ps1 (which it says it will in the afformentioned article), then it will wipe the floor with the GBA.

not necessarily

better gfx aren't everything, there's also the price, battery life, and, of course, games

look at the game gear. it had better gfx than the GB and a backlit screen but it had a horribly short battery life

well first of all: the manufacturer always promotes their product into heaven, so don't expect PS1 graphics, and 2nd of all... there are already like... 60 milion gba players... and like... 200 titles? (prolly more)
and of course there are a total of about... what? 250 milion gameboys (of all kinds, so in total) spreaded around the world. calculate how many of them mini PS1's they would have to sell within a couple of years to get up on top.

it's like storming the beaches of normandy with 10 soldiers.

Inferno said:
not necessarily

better gfx aren't everything, there's also the price, battery life, and, of course, games

look at the game gear. it had better gfx than the GB and a backlit screen but it had a horribly short battery life

I cant say I've ever played on my gameboy via the batteries.

I've always had it plugged into the mains... lol.
When I play on it in the car I use a cable that goes into the fag lighter (a bit like one of those mobile phone chargers)

....nope.... can't say I've EVER used batteries. lol

well, most ppl don't plug their GB in all the time (no more portable than a PS1 if you plug it in all the time)

if u read the article, it actually says that the PSP is fragile and has shitty battery life; not in those words, though