the official wc predictions thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

England seems to have a strong team this year. I suppose they can make it to finals. If they don't have to shoot any penalties :rolleyes:

Brasil is, like almost every tournament, the top favourite.

Holland plays usually pretty nice, but "forget" to shoot goals (like in the last match versus Australia). Reason why they didn't win much over the years. Don't think they could win the cup.

Italy: Doubt they will play a big role. They have to face other problems atm.

Germany: Unlike Holland they didn't play handsome in the past, and unlike Holland they won often.
That's why many talk about a "tournament" squad. Imo Germany has a stronger (and much younger) squad than 2002 with some nice players.
The last match against columbia was even nice to look at. Fast gamestyle and good technique. Klinsmann did a good job there.
Maybe with the support of the fans they can make it to half-final. If Ballack gets injured, they'll have a big problem.

France: Can't say anything to France. Didn't see any matches with them.

Spain: Nice players, but they won't win anything (as usual). Too many rivals in the same team ("teamkillers" ;) ).

Portugal: same as France.

No real prediction here, i just dunno the other teams well enough.

I think Germany will reach the finals and maybe Holland as well.

If that happens..... I will be screaming every minute of the match. Still remember the previous final from 74, jumping up overjoyed at the first goal azfter 2 minutes (penalty) I hit my fathers foot. He was lucky I was only 9 years old, otherwise they could have carried him away. :rofl:

Ok wishful thinking, I do think Holland will play well, but the final?

It would be a dream final if Holland wins, finally.

PS for those who don't know, I'm Dutch :)

bartio said:
Germany: Unlike Holland they didn't play handsome in the past, and unlike Holland they won often.
As far as I remember, holland only lost against italy since the EC and tied 3 other games. The other games were a victory :)

BRaiNRaiN said:
As far as I remember, holland only lost against italy since the EC and tied 3 other games. The other games were a victory :)
i didn't talk about the amount of won games. i talked about the amount of overall titles. As far as i know Holland won only the EC 1988.

Anyway, i guess a final Germany - Holland would be damn exciting for both nations. :D

edit: And especially when you are in ADC :teehee:

Last edited:
past has nothing to do with now.. SPECIALY on a WC, seeing our team allmost changed COMPLETELY!.. germany is way weaker than its suposed to be imo but you'll never know on tournaments, one minute can decide evrything just look at passed EC innit

England is strong, we have world class players all over the team but we prob need Rooney to play some part for us to think about getting to the final or maybe even winning. If we can manage to play as a team, dont think many other teams gonna be able to handle us, but then we never seem to manage it in major competitions and if it goes to penatlies, we've no chance :lol:

German team lacks quality imo, you have Ballack and imo will need him :P However, German teams always seem to play well as a unit, esp in tournaments, and with home support? You got a chance a least imo

Dutch look ok imo, though i would class other teams above them, Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy, still the Dutch have got a good chance of getting far :) (im half expecting Robben to get sent of for diving/crying though :lol: )

Anyway, i guess Brazil are the favourites :bounce:

Well, we can discuss days and weeks. At the end it's mostly luck that matters anyway. :teehee:

It's nonsense to say that a team will win it for sure.

Who thought that France win 1998? Who thought that 2002 Argentina and France have to drive home pretty early in 2002? Who thought that Danemark win the EC 1992 or Greece 2004?

At the end Trinidad & Tobago wins it and CK is king :P

Well I will be glued to the screen again, don't know why to be honest, but I love watching it, EC, WC

:drool: such a silly thing, but I love it, even bad games

Sure you can't predict what the outcome will be, that is why it is so nice to watch.

Still dreaming of a Germany vs Holland final :) Or Holland Brazil :drool: :beer:

Actually the TOGO squad visited my city. :D Too bad i couldn't be there coz i had to work :angry:

ENGLAND FOR WC CHAMPS!

No wait, who am I kidding? :]

edit: they won't even make it through the first round. That's my prediction =P