The Offical Doom 3 Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

shame :(

i'd love to play it from what i have seen so far
i am not a singleplayer FPS - player either but Halflife (and op4ce and blueshift) rocked so much!
and this seems to be just as good :(

anyway HF to all you lucky guys :P :) :wave:

Reactions: Ice
I've deleted several of the posts in here. Some where way out of line and some wheren't. Very thin line and v. hard to judge. Sorry if it was uncalled for but plz be careful about this.

This is not a forum to discuss any illegal games/ leeches etc.

Reactions: CeCe
A lot of 9800 users are having problems with this game, Carmack said the Doom3 engine would not take well to overclocking and he wasnt kidding. But it seems the 9800 pro/xt is clocked pretty close to the bone @ default clock speeds, many ppl have actually had to underclock their card to play the game without heavy artifacting. It looks like a hardware fault with the cards and its gonna be one huge c*ck in the gob for ATI, very very bad news.

Reactions: CeCe
Does it have the "nVIDIA, the way its meant to be played" intro like ut2k4?
Carmack has always been licking nvidias ass.. i guess thats why it runs better on nvidia cards

Saytan said:
A lot of 9800 users are having problems with this game, Carmack said the Doom3 engine would not take well to overclocking and he wasnt kidding. But it seems the 9800 pro/xt is clocked pretty close to the bone @ default clock speeds, many ppl have actually had to underclock their card to play the game without heavy artifacting. It looks like a hardware fault with the cards and its gonna be one huge c*ck in the gob for ATI, very very bad news.

I have a 9600XT Will it have the same problems?? :(

not really depends on tempreture mym's 9800 xt was running at like 70's ? 80's c so there was the problem i have my 9800 pro overclocked alot and have'nt had 1 artifact so aslong as your pc is cool enough it should'nt be a problem

So, is it good? I quite fancy a go at it, but skint and still havent got UT2k4 yet :\

love the way all the old old old school "baddies" from doom 1 and 2 make a comeback, with new guys of course. Awesome.

RighteousFury said:
rofl i would play it if my sys would...

athlon xp 1800+ gf4ti+ 512ram lol

erm why wouldnt that run it? Seems fine to me.

ti what? :p 4200? doesn't matter they are all pretty decent cards...well compared to mine anyhow :D

Paa` said:
not really depends on tempreture mym's 9800 xt was running at like 70's ? 80's c so there was the problem i have my 9800 pro overclocked alot and have'nt had 1 artifact so aslong as your pc is cool enough it should'nt be a problem

You have a watercooled gfx card so no wonder it runs cooler, most people here will have a standard card like I have :D

Reactions: Ice