[The Case]: Aimbotting

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadly

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Feb 6, 2002
Ok, im making this thread because im cba to post a story into this [http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34992] thread, which is supposed to go about me, but it seems that it developed to a general off-topic flamethread.
Im trying to write a little Q&A here, trying to explain things, and after all, apologizing to the community.

Question:
So what'v ya done this time?
Asnwer:
I've been using an aimbot for exactly 3 days. The main question if "Why the fuck did you" ofcourse, well:
Someday, i dont really remember when, i was playing with -={Mi5}=-Samy on the NGZ RA UT server, and we had some real good games. Samy started to talk about cheats, etc, and asked if i ever used cheats. I said no, ofcourse, cuz i actually didnt before. "Do you wanna see a triggerbot in action?" Well, i answered yes, doh. So he changed his nickname into AHDJFHDJFHJSDJFKDKFJ (or sommat) and instantly hitted me in the head, using 3 shots to get me down everytime.
This made me curious. I asked if he could send me his so called "Tracer", but he wudnt cuz he didnt want me to cheat :)thumb:). Tho, i wanted to know how it worked fs, and how it felt. I downloaded a bot (seaker indeed) @ a site, not posting URL ofcourse, where ALOT of cheats are btw, sucky, and pld several times with it on publics, and used it vs munkz and twister (bah).
Another point is, that if i wanted to be a botting cunt seriously, i wudnt have gone to publics to get godlikes there and instantly headshot people who didnt even see me before they get shot. No im not that dumb.
Ofcourse samy PM-ed me today, flaming me, doh.
-17:18:20- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: looooooooooooool
-17:18:26- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: you get kicked out of clan because cheating????
-17:18:33- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: and then you told story of our ra match
-17:18:37- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: your so fucking silly
-17:18:54- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: mohohoqwhwahwhwhwowowow how old are really you?
-17:18:58- [atr`Samy|Mi5]: 12 or 13?
I didnt really think about consequenses, so i didnt expect it to come this far, buts its actually a very good thing that people react like this. So this is how it started actually. [Again: im not blaming samy, it was my own fault. Tho i suspect him of botting ;x]
After all these happenings, i can also say, DONT START CHEATING EVER, it sux and blows ur skills. Trust me, it does..

Question:
Why did u admit it?
Answer:
Well, it was so obvious i was using a bot, and ofcourse people were demo-ing it. After a long talk with scorp, i came to the conclusion i made a dumb mistake [cant find a better word]. Scorp told Dj_Al, who as it seems, made a study of this lol, and he told other ppl, which i wud have done too.
Glen ICQ-ed me, with the message im kicked outta Mr, what i wud have done too personally. Scorp decided to let me stay into MoD and TF, becuase he trusts me i dont bot anymore, what i wont do btw.

Question:
How wont it happen again?
Answer:
Well, in the first place im demo-recording everywhere i play. DM-pubs/wars, AS-Pubs/wars. Im using the demomanager now to demo automaticly, but ofcourse im not saving everything becuase all the demo's together are fucking big. (got about 500 mb already :F).
It's not possible for me to show you i dont bot, because most of ya lost ur trustness in me, ofcourse. Thats a point i cant do anything about, and time will tell..
If u want, u can just PM/MSN/ICQ me to get demo's if u think something is suspescious.

So far the Q&A (yea only 3 things). The thread about me [http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34992] is supposed to be about botting and should have arguments, imo, and not just useless crap about mi5 and nekro who cheats. As far as i know noone cheats in mi5, but samy. I would like to see that thread closed, to prevent flames towards other people, who just give their opinion about this.
Then again, i would like to quote Phear:
Using cheats on public servers for some sort of a laugh isn't new, I've heard of more ppl messing about with cheats on publics in the past than I can possibly remember. A certain band of Assault players (many from -=]NRG[=-) who used to go an terrorise CTF servers with cheats springs to mind (a certain Belgian one in particular), nothing ever happened to them. I'm sure I remember a similar story with LMS in that past too. As long as they never cheated in Assault matches I certainly saw no reason for them to be banned, and I never doubted any of them ever did, although granted it was next to impossible to cheat back then.
Ive NEVER used an aimbot in assault matches, and i will just go on with playing assault wars, when possible. Im making demo's of every match i play, and u can get them after it, if ya want.

I actually made this thread to do a public apologize, and im very sorry to involve mi5 and nekro into this shit. As far as i know theyr fine lads (well thats probably not mutually lol). The only thing i can do now, is to promise i WONT bot in matches, which i NEVER did before.
I would like to see ASH installed on the UTA servers, to see im not botting, and to make sure noone else does..

Thanks for reading,
Pete

PS. Please dont turn this into a thread like http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34992. Im not going to reply to flames and other useless crap, ill just watch, like i did before.

[Edit]That what i mean with useless Posts Paul, and no i havent lied. This actually came from the bottom of my heard, woot uve got senses too? Yes, ofcourse. I may be a prick sometime, but ive got feelings too. Thnx paul!
Jesus fo pls paul, i havent lied. Sad cunt pff!

Last edited:
With you totally here.

As Phear said, it's not uncommon for people, even those seen as the most "respectable" players to aimbot and cheat every now and then just for an entertaining piss-about.

I trust you, because I have done what you have done myself. (Though in my case I did it under a fake nick on some random CTF and LMS servers, since I knew some retarded prick would blow it all out of proportion and tell everyone that I bot all the time and that I do it league matches).

I trust you.

[Edit] fs Paa' have some faith even if you don't believe him

Answer: If ANYONE get cought, no matter how good he is, in Assault Matches he should be banned. As mentioned before, quoting Phear again, i dont care about people having fun on publics, altho, it isnt the best way to have fun.

Originally posted by Humph
As Phear said, it's not uncommon for people, even those seen as the most "respectable" players to aimbot and cheat every now and then just for an entertaining piss-about.

What's entertaining about ruining someone else's game? Is the fact that you are talking about CTF or LMS supposed to make it okay? As if that's not the same thing?

Using an aimbot to ruin a game that other people are playing for fun is about as acceptable as entertaining as kicking a dog to death. not funny, not acceptable.

Im with pete because he has a good avatar, I have also done what pete has done. However it was on ULL server against redeemer, I owned him with it and without it so whats the dif :p: As of me trying the cheat we got better protection and now the server is protected (I hope). There is trying a bot and using a bot.

What should the community do about aimbotters?
Your looking it at from the totaly wrong angle! Its not 'What should' its 'what can'. The answer to that is not very much at all, we could do a crimewatch style apeal if a freind relitive or loved one uses an aimbot please call bot-stoppers now! Your call will be compleatly confidential, and you could be given a reward

..then again... no! Cheats are everywhere, cheats cause most of the flaming (ranked 2nd to ULL-fbs). The best thing you can do is just grin and bare it when playing someone and try to get proof. Without it all you have is pointless flames. Also going on a bounty hunt for anyone that says they have downloaded and used an aimbot is wrong... CBA to write anymore so I will leave it there :wave: cya!

as entertaining as kicking a dog to death. not funny, not acceptable.
EDIT- Opps (sorry) thought it said licking (going blind in my age) yes kicking is sick!

2nd Edit, hit quote instead of edit :bawling:

Last edited:
you would find it funny to kill an animal? for that comment you should be banned too, sick guy

I'd just like to add Deadly that I don't condone what you did, just as I didn't condone anyone who I've known to mess about with cheats in the past (and for my money over half the people who have ever played in uta have installed a cheat at some point) I just don't think its right to ban some1 from the league for something which has absolutely nothing to do with the league (as far as I understand, don't know the full story).

Originally posted by Deadl¥
Well, in the first place im demo-recording everywhere i play.
Im making demo's of every match i play, and u can get them after it, if ya want.[

I want demos from MoD vs Swap 22/04/2003 pls.

i can't understand how people who play this game quite seriously, i mean in a clan and stuff, suddenly get so curious about how it is to use an aimbot and so on

i've been playing this game for 3 years or so and never even came close to the thought of finding and downloading an aimbot, let alone use it

hmmm cheaters should be banned imho, no matter if they cheated in a league match or not... but maybe i'm a bit to harsh in that point...

Originally posted by Wintermute
Okay, here's a question straight back for you Deadly.

What should the community do about aimbotters?

This has already been answered. Have a BotAS league.
Suddenly the aimbot problem has completely vanished.

maybe its an idea to ban someone temporarely, lets day 1-2 months, and if he still cheats 3-4 and so on

Ur assuming that you will ever even see someone botting in a league match, and further more, that you will even realise they are botting, and even then, that you will have conclusive proof of any botting.

And even then, you ban them.... so what? They just connect to their clans next match under a fake alias, as either another clan member, or a supposed merc.
You cant do shit.

well ok
i think its fucking lame to go on pubs and hunt down n00bs
imo its even more lame than aimbotting in league matches because these n00bs get owned and turn their back to assault and this community dies eventually...
imagine every1 in this community would mess with aimbots on pubs just for half an hour/month... unplayable

also another logical effect is that unexperienced players will suspect cheats everywhere
lastly it ruins the reputation of players who play for fun and play fair

i agree with humphro though its basically impossible to spot a bot if the cheater is trying to hide it and even if u notice it u still have to get proof... how? u need that player to get conclusive evidence...

edit: i just hope that u ll resist that temptation of botting in the future ( that includes pubs... )

Last edited:
I think Anti Shock Ho Plus 3 should be manditory for all servers in league. It should be set to report everything to IRC :P (thats the full user not just suspect binds). It could also route out some mercs (wouldnt last long once people catch on what it does).

Status
Not open for further replies.