Survivor Assault #7 OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

k ill post my story

managed to hammer warrior which WAS FUCKING EPIC and the feeling was GREAT so i could focus more observing people and how they play since i did not have to worry about immunities
right off the bad i knew i had to get rid of 25 and 57 as they were fragging their asses off

bridge came and html blew the cover on 25 about getting top frags=perma so i tried to scout him out and tk him, take ammo from him and whatnot but several times i could not find him, he wasnt sniping from base and i did not notice him upfront either (MAYBE CUZ OF ALL THE FUCKING ZOMBIES SLIDING AND ALL the DEAD STATUES). it was pretty clear to me after tho that 57 would eventually be voted off as we already had 2 permas on blue so was just a matter of time. all i had to worry about next was to either win and vote 25 or not let him get to vote but on lavafort he somehow got through and nobody even bothered to chase him all 3 reds were spamming upfront

ps:dj, again sorry for thinking u were twnz, but either way even if u weren't in my eyes u had to go simply cuz u fragged too much

warmup:
1st time ever playing that map, i had no idea where to go @ attack, was jumping arround and trying to hit something.
defending was other story, still had no idea of what and where were objectives, but knew +- all routes of attackers and was easy to camp and get some frags... had some ultra and multi kills, then realised I was top frags and for the last few minutes I played back but still finished 1st :\
UnrealTournament2013-03-0320-45-20-94.png

Gladiator:
was kinda messy, some ppl didnt knew where to go... i got 2 obj and launched some ppl to warrior, didn't got immunity like in last survivor :(
UnrealTournament2013-03-0402-50-50-62.png
guess I abused a bit at defense, at the end I was sharing 1st place with 12.
didn't fragged that much, most of time I was at back so guess my teammates were not killing in propouse.
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-00-14-26.png

Dustbowl:
expected it to be longer but blue screwed defense. that was my worse attack in whole survivor, no obj at all not even 1 launch, after 1st half I was afraid that would be the next voted out.
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-11-33-55.png
@ defense I was top frags with 1:30min left and then just had 3 frags till the end :s
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-17-31-10.png

Bridge:
tryed to set under bridge a few times but none got up or got killed instantly.
after twnz getting charge 3, Useless single hammer launched me and I got final. xb got perm immunity for being top frags 3 times in a row!
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-31-16-09.png
we did poor on our defense, lost it very quickly but I managed to be top fragger, I was like "grrr why didn't I fragged more last 2 maps, I could have had Permanent Immunity"
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-36-16-80.png

siege:
what a chaos!! was f5'ing twnz @ start to see what was happening, after that I went to roof and got hs from low :| got killed by the same guy when i was going up again, it was Ulv.. result, 0 frags lol
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-47-51-64.png
@ attack I tryed to water launch twice, 1st time dj stopped it, 2nd try 84 got obj 1 sec after I launched term.
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-50-39-19.png

*continue (had to split in 2 post cus of images limit)

vampire:
not much to say, bad defense by blue team, losing it in 1:49 min. I haven't done anything until end where I got last obj, whit some luck, after dying.
UnrealTournament2013-03-0403-57-38-04.png
red team defense was a lot better, I finished as 4th and was expecting to not be voted off.
UnrealTournament2013-03-0404-01-38-17.png

Desertstorm:
got bunker :lol: in the mid of all that flak and rox.
guess I helped a lot twnz @ sam as I killed 2 of the back defenders and the other suicided on some red lol
last objective, term sneaked ftw
UnrealTournament2013-03-0404-10-39-38.png
our defense just sucked there :s
UnrealTournament2013-03-0404-15-25-30.png

Dungeons:
not a very good defense by both teams, didnt knew what to do when I was defending, push and kill or be at back and be last...
UnrealTournament2013-03-0404-19-37-28.png
@ attack i got both, left and right walls lol, didnt got any other obj but guess i helped with some kills, like clearing the tunnel so twnz could get it and vote me off after it :mad:
UnrealTournament2013-03-0404-21-41-84.png

survivor ended here for me, was good fun, just got to thank all that played, html for organize it and mym for server! :thumb:
a505f05f-afa0-4a0d-abad-264abc632a5a.jpg

ps: sorry about my english :\

Last edited:
Was really fun but I got screwed by a bs random decision, I now know how it feels I :angry: was 03 btw.

Says the guy who apparantly thinks this is logical reasoning :hm:

There were two deffers on the top of the table with the same score so I wasn't justified picking either of them, they could not earn the def frags immunity. So I chose the next one down, who turned out to be Axl :fingers:

I love survivor always have, But wont play another if there is no changes. This is the second survivor that im fucked within teamsay or by the admin himself.

Need some adjustment to make this really good. These are some of my suggestions.

1: Tunnel would be nice for every1 with problem

2: About HD textures i had problems ppl skating on 1st map. Did not want to reveal to much cause ppl know i have HD textures installed and ppl might figured put. Lucky me i had old UT textures saved and just replaced all with these after 11st map so i was back as normal.

3: Need something to prevent TEAMSAYING imo. I know this will be difficult but its the second time people talking bullshit in teamsay WHICH is really lame. Last survuvor it was salva when picking the 3v3 and this time people kept talking 57 me was twnz and to vote me off....

4: Should we really have 2 perma immunites on same team? Really? If 1 gets perma on blue i think that is enough. Will make it impossible when its lower teams like 4v4 5v5 and 2 of them already has perma + they want to vote a specific number out.

5: PLEASE make std map as a warmup map and not a MEGA map which takes 20 min to den. Not 1 single player voted out before 21 GMT is sigh.

6: This is same with Gladiator. I kinda like the Map BUT u should make the immunite earlier in the map. For instance like lets say the Warriror. End objective is like 20 minutes attack and defense. AFter gladiator was played last night we had voted off 1 player which means time was like 21:30 GMT 22:30 CET. Way to late.
If you move the immunity earlier to the warrior it would end faster i think ppl dont care to defend on rest of objectives.

7: The most important change:
html or the admin himself CAN NOT SPEAK ABOUT ANY NUMBER BETWEEN MAPS and ruin cover.
In my case yesterday it was easy. I had my plan how to play my game. It was kinda easy.
ON DEFENSE: i had to be low fragging like twnz did. I did this on defense on gladiator ended upp bottom. No1 knew who i was.
ON ATTACK: I really had to go for perma immunity. No1 would of see that im high ranked player anyway if i made a nice attack. People dont notice this. So i took the armor. Got the keg aswell. Jumped over and aimed to hammer the warrior with 4 reds shooting at me
The warrior was far away so i backhammered and hammered the warriro in air. But he didnt die cause he had more HP. Then i died same time.
On next run pit was 2 sec earlier and hammered him once and kinda "stole" it =) Nice move though but his hp was already low.

But the thing is that no1 would of known my move IF not html kept posting what i did. "Epic Move 57" or something between the maps.
And to be honest you kept on talking about me.
Next map dustbowl i tried stay low on frags on defense but what yet again targeted as a "good player" after attack.
On 3rd map Bridge i had no chanse cause every1 knew after all taunting about 57 i had to go for perma immunity. If not i was doomed really.
Soi went for godlike and died 3 frags from it was stressed cause i saw ppl launching and no1 defend launch so i went teleport and died.
After that html started again with 57 soooo close and going on.
Knew i was screwed after that no matter how i played.
I was lucky to get explosive 3 on the attack which saved me 1 map.
But that could not go on.

After this lots kept saying in TEAMSAY vote 57 out its twnz and then i lost interest and knew i was going out. This with 2 perma immun on the team aswell did not help.

This would not happend as no1 would of known my skill if HTML did not bring my name up between the maps. Anything could of happend then.

Same to be honest with XB. I dont think you should mention that a player has 2 straight maps as top frags. I think that is up to the players to write down.
With this highlight as you can see pit was aiming to teamkill XB as he alreayd had perma. Every1 fuck around and trying to prevent players in same team to get armor and ammo and kills. This is OK if he knows that 25 is top frags 2 straight maps.

Dont think you should hightlight players what so ever whos "good" and "crap" and if some players is 1 map from perma immunity.
Kinda ruined my night.

But i love survivor and thanks anyway for your time and effort. Oh and money for price is really not neccesary...
The win itself is enough

//DJ

Last edited:
bridge was EPIC,

was DJ trying for perma by getting GODLIKE VS me trying TOP FRAGS.
once I had top frags I tried to avoid killing red near detonator as I wanted them to finish so I would be top. I also knew if they launched DJ won't make GODLIKE so he had to go chase the launch. maybe he should have focused on getting top frags instead.

I knew someone was trying to shoot me off and launch. me in same team, I was going to keep an eye out and vote then off , but they stopped doing it.

I dont mind people guessing who. Is who in teamsay cause nobody knows anyway and we can see the good fraggers anyway. I do mind getting identified as top fragger (by specs) as that puts s target on you (within teamsay is fine as that is teamwork) team should be aware of someone made top frags twice, no need for outside help. but can't say I really care that much either.

was fun

annoyingly long warm up

Last edited:
@ Nightwing - Interesting read, thx. I always like seeing how other people approached it. Looking at your screens I realise I could have gotten a permanent really early by doing what XB did, as I had top frags quite a few times. If I had got them on Bridge I would have got a perm and my def plan worked well but then I started missing everything on Bridge def after getting the first multi :( I was one of the guys setting doubles under with you as well, guess we go to what we know :D

@ Axl - Hey, I had a plan and I stuck to it :P Vote out top players early, bottom players late. Sorry it was you, that sucks, but you can get me back next time :fight:

@ DJ - Agree with everything apart from the teamsay thing. There were quite a few people talking on our ts but nothing negative. I told quite a few people where to go on custom maps, where powerups were, etc. I think at one point 21 (nightwing) asked where the Radio obj on Gladiator][ was and I told him, and he thanked me :P That was deliberate tactic from me, get recognised as someone helpful and teamplay-ish to establish in people's minds "don't kick this guy, he's OK". Worked for quite a while. but unfortunately we all knew Desert :angry:

@ html - I hope you do more in the future, it's one of very few bright spots left, people really look forward to it and you got plenty signups and interest this time to justify another one. I know there are problems but as long as the next one learns from the problems this one had then everything's good. And DJ's right, you don't need to offer money to rope people in, it should be worth it for the fun.

Last edited:
Actually I was the one who asked where the radio was, and yes, the tactic worked :D

Nice event, I was nr 12. I tried to not frag too much and end up mid/high score on def.. on vampire I kinda forgot this and went fragging all the way. 3 map in row immu term the lucker as allways, voted me off.

I do agree on some points people made. Especially the time consuming warmups.. most people got work/school next day.. it just takes too long :rolleyes:

5: PLEASE make std map as a warmup map and not a MEGA map which takes 20 min to den. Not 1 single player voted out before 21 GMT is sigh.

6: This is same with Gladiator. I kinda like the Map BUT u should make the immunite earlier in the map. For instance like lets say the Warriror. End objective is like 20 minutes attack and defense. AFter gladiator was played last night we had voted off 1 player which means time was like 21:30 GMT 22:30 CET. Way to late.
If you move the immunity earlier to the warrior it would end faster i think ppl dont care to defend on rest of objectives.

k ill post my story

managed to hammer warrior which WAS FUCKING EPIC and the feeling was GREAT so i could focus more observing people and how they play since i did not have to worry about immunities
right off the bad i knew i had to get rid of 25 and 57 as they were fragging their asses off

bridge came and html blew the cover on 25 about getting top frags=perma so i tried to scout him out and tk him, take ammo from him and whatnot but several times i could not find him, he wasnt sniping from base and i did not notice him upfront either (MAYBE CUZ OF ALL THE FUCKING ZOMBIES SLIDING AND ALL the DEAD STATUES). it was pretty clear to me after tho that 57 would eventually be voted off as we already had 2 permas on blue so was just a matter of time. all i had to worry about next was to either win and vote 25 or not let him get to vote but on lavafort he somehow got through and nobody even bothered to chase him all 3 reds were spamming upfront

ps:dj, again sorry for thinking u were twnz, but either way even if u weren't in my eyes u had to go simply cuz u fragged too much

Dirty move agreeing to save 13 in 3v3 before map started, meant I had no choice but to get immunity as he would have probably saved you to.

what survivor really needs imo is

-1 immunity per map for assaulting tim+the guy who votes
basically let's say ballistic, whoever gets warhead cannot be voted off and whoever gets end obj can vote somebody off
-perma immunity for 2 people is ok no need to be just 1 as getting perma is NOT EASY AT ALL so the reward should be good
-about teamsay, teamkilling stealing ammo and creating chaos or confusion like saying x is twnz or vote y cuz he is fragger or general trolling like doing random comments and what not SHOULD REALLY BE A PART OF SURVIVOR

as i said yday, getting perma was best feeling and i could focus more on observing people rather than trying to stay alive and getting objectives and whatnot. if i didnt have immunty it would definitely be ALOT harder to identify and watch people see who's doing what and imo this is what survivor is all about, identifying potential threats to urself and getting rid of them so u give urself a good chance teams get low size. i mean nobody would want to be in 2v2 or 3v3 vs twnz or other top fraggers, but hey hat's off to them if they do make it there because it means they did something right!

Dirty move agreeing to save 13 in 3v3 before map started, meant I had no choice but to get immunity as he would have probably saved you to.

that was my only option really cuz i knew there was no chance in hell 25 would pick a guy who got perma to go final with him possibly thinking that i myself was a top player. 13 would have voted u off without my comment i think because u were the only remaining threat in blue but i had to shift the balance there too

hopefully people will learn to stir and create more chaos and confusion for next events! no talking no nothing really is boring and sometimes people randomly get voted off or simply because of a certain thing they do that particular map

html did pretty much !everything! and not many offered help (or maybe I am mistaken and dont know anything about it) - I am glad, that html has done this, tho I know you cant have that much of fun while doing this kind of organization. Thank you html, hopefully you re satisfyied with the event and me having fun!

html´s choice - what he will change for next event.

As for tactic - well, WildStyle worked, I didnt really focused at anything, I was mostly "just" playing, I didnt knew custom maps and I was mostly just fooling around looking for enemy or weapon (coz I was constatnly running out of ammo) - I had to vote off in blue team only ONCE,(coz somebody launched me up) and I did a completely random choice.

btw Who was that? :D After Siege ended

EDIT: I remember someone saying after our attack : "13, your launch failed."(i didnt meant to fail it, lol) and I was like "Thank you , captain obvious! " I laughed horribly :rofl:

Last edited:
I had to vote off in blue team only ONCE,(coz somebody launched me up) and I did a completely random choice.

btw Who was that? :D After Siege ended

EDIT: I remember someone saying after our attack : "13, your launch failed."(i didnt meant to fail it, lol) and I was like "Thank you , captain obvious! " I laughed horribly :rofl:

I saw that failed darklaunch :lol:
I voted off 89 on siege for no real reason, so you couldn't have voted someone off on that map :)

I was just hoping it wasn't the same guy who set a hammer to get me across the bridge so I could get gatehouse and main tower doors + 2nd tower :o

Also went back for Tnega, lol. Hence me having sniper in the tower :evil:

I was voting off after the siege,(so when Vampire loaded) coz 57 launched me up (had to look back into demos) and YES, It was me setting a hammer boost over the bridge at SIege! :D YOU RE WELCOME! :rofl:

EDIT: Doh, 57 was dj, Hey man! :rofl: We gotta practice dark launch

Last edited:
Specced a few minutes here and there and looked fun at the beginning when more people played, skins looked fine to me in spec so I probs don't have the high rez textures. It all came crashing down in the 2v2, which imo, should have been played in #utapug straight away with both teams picking their own stuff. Of course it's html's event so he gets to decide, but it's really off-putting to have to play that shit siege map in 1v1 or hammer only guardia in 2v2 :spit:

People should not be allowed to say a thing either tbh, which goes for specs and teamsay chat.

If the above is fixed I may play in the next one :eek:

Oh, the server should not be on broadcasted mode in the browser for the next event. I don't think anyone knew this last night but if you looked for the server in the server browser, you could see everyone's pings, eg I knew 25 was either twnz or XB cos they had 40 ping.

Last edited:
w1sh, surely some1 of ur skills can easily mingle with the rest, twnz did a good job pretty sure u can too

People should not be allowed to say a thing either tbh, which goes for specs and teamsay chat.

If the above is fixed I may play in the next one

+1

Second time it happens to me and its totally bs

Last edited: