Survivor #4 - The Report...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Awesome report! Gj Anthony!

"It was this which allowed him to take armour and Cyborg's lubly cave launch and lurch to Charge 4(P) on 15:10."

Guessing I won't set it ever again for you xb! :( (Coudn't say anything when you asked at the risk of having others want to vote me out).

9747riverbed-I-AL2.jpg

As you can see you me and DJ have the same amount of frags (8) while Fury has 2 less than us, don't kick me!

Dont!

Nooooo...

PS: Omg the only time I got effin immunity was in the match where html was trying to make us lose! damnit!

Last edited:
nice write up. I personally wouldn't have wasted my time on report of this depth on a event like survivor.

not playing survivor again, still bitter that I got voted off by a noob that lucked an objective after 2 hours of busting my gut.

Awesome report! Gj Anthony!

"It was this which allowed him to take armour and Cyborg's lubly cave launch and lurch to Charge 4(P) on 15:10."

Guessing I won't set it ever again for you xb! :( (Coudn't say anything when you asked at the risk of having others want to vote me out).

9747riverbed-I-AL2.jpg

As you can see you me and DJ have the same amount of frags (8) while Fury has 2 less than us, don't kick me!

Dont!

Nooooo...

PS: Omg the only time I got effin immunity was in the match where html was trying to make us lose! damnit!

you didnt set for me, u set for that noob fury...looks like he and dj didnt have to do much work to reach the last 2.

BTW Riv3 i wanted to kick fury out as I knew he would vote me out when he got a chance.I spared him and voted out the lowest guy (you) I even told him the map after i wanted to vote him (hoping he would show some favour if he ever got immunity), I also saved him the previous round :yawn: - look how it turned out, he voted me out on the one opportunity he got ALL match. no honor and this is why survivor is crap. Its all luck and only perma can save you. Definately not playing 2 hours of Anti-AS again to get eliminated like that again. the only good thing is the 2v2 at the end. might as well toss all the decent fraggers into a hat and pick 3 of them, then toss the rest of the players into another and pick 1. make some random 2v2 teams and then we dont have to waste 2 hours as this is basically what survivor is!

Last edited:
Ugh miss read then ( I tend to do this way more often than I'd like).
Still remember setting for more ppl but naja, whatever happens happens on this event I didn't took it nearly as hard as you seemingly did.

Imo this event is a break from what we're usually accustomed to, which for better or for worst it's always welcome seeing this is after all an 11 year old game, if you're waiting for competitive gameplay mind aswell schedule a 2v2/3v3 with the top players whenever you wish, it won't boil down to "just luck" and I cba quoting what DJ said on that other post but I have to agree with him on some pointers, this isn't all luck, actually a bit far from it, everyone had a strategy (I think) personally I just wanted to be on the middle of the score board as much as I could, I missed a couple of chances of getting more frags here and there just for that but unfortunately it almost backfired on some maps where people started getting ahead of me and I could barely get more frags than them in the end, the lag/fps drops I was getting didn't help in the slightest, stopped doing this at around 6v6 / 5v5 where the top players were sure to be the ones people wanted around but like it shows on the 4v4 I wasn't paying so much attention to the objectives and could of had a shot at making it to the 3v3 ahead of Fury, since if I remember correctly you only asked who got the worst score, if I had stolen Fury's objective without getting a single frag the whole map I would probably be picked, if DJ had the immunity that time I'm sure that wouldn't be the case from what I've heard the guy was taking notes of everything! :P

I'm glad I got where I did, regardless if I was the worst player or not @ 4v4 as I only played for the fun of it, nothing else and surprisingly/sadly I was amongst the few people that though this way of the event rather than a mad-rush to see who can or can't win so they can brag about it.

Thanks for reading and for the comments :love:

Some of you are right, it is too much work. Two days of writing, checking and rechecking demos, frapsing, building vids, uploading, checking typos, sorting VB code... It's too much. I hope you enjoyed this report and the previous one cos there will be no more :\

They're fun to do and hopefully to read, and the idea was to enliven the event and make it bigger than it is, so maybe they served their purpose in that regard. Anyway, thanks again and if there's a next time we'll hopefully be able to set up a livestream with commentary instead :cool:

mate, you should make money with your writing skills, if you dont do that already that is..

create a blog about a topic that you are interested in (and lots of other people give a crap about, UT does not count), you'll make plenty of money long term. or write articles for people or whatever..

this report here seems to me like a huge waste of your skills and time, obviously only because i dont care about the event, surely you would enjoy writing about something other than UT as well?

maybe we can work together, you blog and i get traffic to the website, should be fun :>

:love: :kiss:

Very nice Report Useless well done and thanks for the time making it!

Very nice and fun reading.

Still fucked up the 2v2. My coms were on 50% as gf was sleeping. Still think we could of won that 2v2 really.
Never mind was a gg except the "asking of opponent" from REd Side.

GG

looking forward to the SURVIVOR 5!
:)

Amazing, GJ mate, exciting to read it :clap:

P.S. i told you that u kicked me out even when i was not last on dungeon attack xb ;)

one more thing i was unhappy with was the 3v3 map. Was hoping for a better map than frigate. bit to "random" really.

I always try to make the 3v3 map and immunity a bit more of a tactical choice rather than say ballistic warhead where people who can d0ng 3 times with 3 bullets are vastly favoured. That imo gives a chance to everyone who signs for the event (including myself if i ever had the abilty to play :( ) imo the fact that kd and syphus made it to the 2v2 is a great success and was very funny to see.

And XB im sad that you are bitter about the event but survivor is not only about winning it's also for the experience, you can't possibly tell me that the rush of everymap and the ton of pressure that falls off your shoulders the instant you get the immunity isn't a great experience :P

at least I know how I felt when I did get the immunities; feels good man.

I always try to make the 3v3 map and immunity a bit more of a tactical choice rather than say ballistic warhead where people who can d0ng 3 times with 3 bullets are vastly favoured. That imo gives a chance to everyone who signs for the event (including myself if i ever had the abilty to play :( ) imo the fact that kd and syphus made it to the 2v2 is a great success and was very funny to see.

And XB im sad that you are bitter about the event but survivor is not only about winning it's also for the experience, you can't possibly tell me that the rush of everymap and the ton of pressure that falls off your shoulders the instant you get the immunity isn't a great experience :P

at least I know how I felt when I did get the immunities; feels good man.

immunities were useless to me cause DJ had the perma after 4 maps. The reason he has perma is because altho people say teams were fair, they really were not. (before you mention "the score" - it doesnt mean anything as nobody was playing to win maps, just win immunities and get as much frags as possible). Teams were quite bent - salva, m1c and dirz, sphere in 1 team? wheres our heavy fraggers? Wheres our sharp shooter sniper? Of course DJ has a massive chance to make the 3 maps defensive perma immunity, cause he hardly has anyone to compete with him for frag power. If Salva m1c or dirz, anyone of them been on our side he probably wont make it.

The only thing immunity gave me was some relief for a map. As soon as the map is over, its another case of getting lucky. When u make 3 immus in a row to reach the 3v3 then get voted out without being last (and by the guy u saved TWICED), its quite annoying. Especially on a LUCK map! GG Luckivor!! add it altogether then think why i'm extremely annoyed by the whole thing.

Last edited:
Here's my post-postmortem of this event:

Pros:
Useless's help + beyond epic report, i'll admit I didn't read all of it, shame on me no sarcasm intended, all i can say for my defence is that my interest sorta drops right after the event ; it's a 1 time intense thing (inb4 that's what SHE said :o) I did read about 75% of it in many sessions though and loved the bits about axl :rofl: I definitely would like Useless by my side for any future event

Turnup % was that highest of the 4 events, only needed 24 people to get 20 on time, VERY impressive people thank you, and sorry to all those who signed but didn't get to play.

Event organisation went rather smoothly and I think most had fun, for a while anyway :P
10v10 seemed to be most enjoyable format for duration/manageability as I predicted yay!

m1c: a true proven champion, end of line.

MyM: can't forget mym.

Cons:
UTV lack of interest: I think in future events UTV won't be used, if anything it will be a simpler broadcast via skypesque programs, or simply moar spec slots since mym's server seem to be able to handle anything we throw at it :throw:

siege bug for wakko :( sorry man didn't know it would happend

no banshee for epic shoutcast of epicness, i think he would have enjoyed casting that event unlike survivor #3 which brings me to my next point

On the XB thing: (teams unfair DJ free ticket to perm immun.) I respect your opinion but I think teams were fair

On the salva thing: (asking who his teammates are in teamsay during 3v3) I morally disaproove of what he did but it's not against the rules his teammates could have lied, still i dont think you should ask who anyone is untill youve picked your partner for the 2v2.
------------------------------------------

I might organise another event if no one wants to host one, and more importantly if there is interest, but not before this summer, early or late summer, not spring. Sometime before d1sc goes down under at least :(
Should be 10v10 again, hopefully i can get both banshee and useless.
I might be open to edit the defender perm immunity for 3x topfrags in a row but i want to keep an incentive to DEFEND maps. If you want to suggest something go ahead but keep in mind it has to be real simple as to not confuse players and myself

P.S. None of you cunts made me a b-day thread, it was yesterday. I'm now gonna go cry on my bed in fetal position :bawling:

I think spec slots is the answer, and with all the specs on TS together :cool: Would be more fun, worked well in the 1v1 tourny. UTV went without a hitch last time, to my surprise, but maximum turnups was about 5, even in the later stages of the match. And even after carefully typing out instructions on how to set it up which were available for days beforehand, people still asked me how to set it up during the match :angry: People just cba with anything that isn't handed to them, so specs slots = easy.

The skype / broadcast thing would be fun but I doubt it would be more attractive to fans than actually watching the match in real time via a spec slot and talking about it on TS. Might be fun as an archive thing to rewatch later, but it would only be an alternative to speccing if no-one was allowed to spec to save server load. I dunno.