[Suggestion] New Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well, I'm trying to provide a solution to checking out maps here now :P

Don't know how well the pug idea would work though. Most people cba with pug because it takes so long, brings out so many flames and then others don't have/use IRC. I know there are quite a few members of my own clan who are interested in playing new maps and I know there are only 2 clan members who regularly use IRC. It would be cool to set up a server with custom maps on it and have a testmap pug just to test and see how that idea would work.

well i didn't use irc but i now only use it for pug..when you really want to play pugs/new maps or whatever it's a small step to dl it and use it tbh.

About how the pug idea would work i think it's quite easy (if mcneil ofcourse is okay with this.)

Use #utapug as channel and put in the info that (for instance) mondays are for New Map Pugs only. You can still use the maplist now because almost all the good new maps are in there. You don't have to code anything except that you need players who don't mess with picking maps.
curently there are 11 costum maps which should be enough imo. you can always set maps to 5 or add another map like rocketcommand (dustbowl is about the same size) or Gladiator (EDIT: gladiator is noware near to be sutable)

AS-AsthenosphereSE_preview2c
AS-BioassaultSE_preview2
AS-ColderSteel
AS-DustbowlALbeta-fixed
AS-OverlordDE
AS-RiverbedSE_preview2
AS-SaqqaraLE_sobo2
AS-SnowdunesAL_preview
AS-TheDungeon]l[AL_beta2
AS-Tydium][AL_preview4
AS-Vampire

Hopefully we get 12 players (or 10) to play on the pug and get some feedback on the maps. mappers then better know what to chance if nessesary.

Last edited:
Well, I think adding and changing the maps in #utapug twice a week (once to change, once to change back) would be a bit of a hassle for MyM and don't think that'd be fair to expect of him. I also don't think the majority of people would be remotely interested after the way they see how people behave in #utapug.

Well, I think adding and changing the maps in #utapug twice a week (once to change, once to change back) would be a bit of a hassle for MyM and don't think that'd be fair to expect of him. I also don't think the majority of people would be remotely interested after the way they see how people behave in #utapug.

no need for that. maps are already in pug so there is no hassle what so ever. the only thing is that people have to obey the rules and pick new maps only:cool:

The problem with that is that some jerk is going to pick non-custom maps and then ruin it, the only way to enforce against it would be to ban them, ruining the pug :(

Idd, nice idea imo by Pyke. Sorta coincides with my Custom Maps only pug idea. Can be controlled by a volunteer admin who oversees the process.

Editing the Pug maplist isnt a problem its easy enough to have two switchable lists.

As Ive explained to people that have asked for maps to be added in the past my problem comes from having to upload new maps to server and download site, compress and upload to redirect and then test all the above works especially due to the amount of grief Ive had in the past when there has been a problem. If the actual maplist isnt changing then its not really a problem.

So whats going to happen?

It would be nice to see a 'Custom Pug' only day. If there is no bother and its relatively easy to set up then it can be tested. If it fails then we know the majority of these new maps will never be successful. Worth a try and I think most of the regular puggers would be up for trying even if they dislike a number of the maps.

So whats going to happen?

It would be nice to see a 'Custom Pug' only day. If there is no bother and its relatively easy to set up then it can be tested. If it fails then we know the majority of these new maps will never be successful. Worth a try and I think most of the regular puggers would be up for trying even if they dislike a number of the maps.

sounds good to me..
I mean i think nobody likes all maps that are played during one pug so there will be no diffrence with new costums