SubbaseSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
it´s a very old project of me
i started it cause i never liked the spawnsystem and the gameplay at the ned.

changes since original:

- att. and def. spawns at the first part of the map re-arranged
- added a alternate route to docks..triggered by gate objective..it´s a water tunnel
- added a squid :P
- moved the last att. spawn out of the sub
- changed the timing of the roof hatch on the sub..added a warning msg
- added 2 pair of boots 4 def. in the sub ....so they can defend the outside of the hatch..and the docks
- some weapon, ammo and health changes
- i made some light experiments in some areas..don´t wonder :P

u can play it on Dog cutom maps :D

download it here :)

some of these things are copied out of my pm but i still think it needs tweaking.

ell snuggs i tested the map a little bit, so this is what i think

the gameplay changes are good imo, docks are easier to get now, but that last obj has now any purpose ( i think it will be not that easy to get it...)

first off all, you know that the first spawn to second spawn is timebased, imo this is a bit strange... ventilationshaft isn't really an important objective to get (as everybody knows ripperangle from above), so i would like to see the second spawn online activated AFTER the "ventilation acces granted"
attackers should now hammer eachother up to ripper that obj (like much clans do now in the beginning anyway) the attack will get a bit more organized, and you have the feeling that you actually have to do somthing for that new spawn...

(oh i noticed that the "ventilation is granted" panel can not be destroyed with shock rifle (at least the shock balls))

that floodvalve is very nice, but i would move the scubagears to the entrance of that tube leading to it, because when you fall trough that ventilation thingy you often forget to take a scubagear and you will almost die because you have no air (i see you changed it a bit, better now)
It almost cost an minute with swimming to aprroach via that way so it's not really a common way to get docs, howecer, with that teamtrigger at the end of the tube which is connected with the fortstandard... You can sneak way to easy(and give def a much worser spawnpoint after getting docks underwater) Def can't really defend underwater because they havn't got a good weapon and no scuba gears.

either a warning message there or just nothing. Attack can then take docks from the other side..(swiming to that floodvalve... come out of the water and run in the gate direction) this prevents defence to rush up to much...

(oh you should add some lightning at the end of floodvalve too, as you can't see fook as defender.. you don't see attack aproching when staying at sub or in that neighbourhood

oh i find the defender spawn after gate is destroyed but docks not yet reached wayyy bettah now

that top entrance is well ballanced (as def has boots to come out and defend there because it stays open) and warn his teammates. shockrifle in the last room (where pulse was) would be nice you can hold sub for a little longer

that's it so far... remember i really like your changes.. and you did a great job changing the map because only dificult obj was docks -- submarine..
good thing you changed last attackersspawn also (btw there are some miniguns in submarine which are quite usseles because they are still there for original spawn)

i remember playing that map once and we hold it with 8 seconds left or something. way too easy to defend :o

I liked this map a lot but I don't think it's better than the original. I do like not having to drop into the water on respawn but I miss the jump-pad on the roof. I like the dark bits, they make it more ambient, but other than that there aren't really any changes for the better.

wtf is wrong with the water spawn? i use that everytime and since when are the docks hard to reach?? the only thing that really need to change is the teamplay..

tbh the lights are quiet annoying too distracting if you ask me. And I wonder why isnt there a belt on top of the sub? there is one in the sub but since u remvoed the spawn there is no belt anymore for the defence.

i prefer the original map above this version...

Last edited: