Should Dogs be banned in cities?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

TexasTom

Jun 26, 2001
Birmingham UK
Im sat here today with my neighbours dogs barking their heads off. If they aint making noise pollution they are shitting on every bit of green available. Then of course we have the vicious ones who decide to eat people, god damn it dog i aint a fox!

Do people think there should be tougher controls on dogs and dog ownership? You get a limited saywhen someone wants to build somethingin your area. But someone can buy a dog and let it sit there barking and doing your head in without any real worries.

It might help I suppose.

We used to have neighbours who had two large dogs, they rarely took them on a decent walk, left them outside in the (not-sizeable) back garden during the day. Or left them inside the house at night. The dogs crapped all over the back, and all over the house. I cant bear to think what it was like inside, though people have attempted to describe it :nono: The stench outside was revolting especially during the summer. When we complained within 24 hours it was cleaned up by hosing the dog shit around till it basically diluted it I suppose :barf:

Dogs need walked and need company. OK, so that is an extreme example of people we were thinking of reporting to the RSPCA shortly before they did a moonlight flit..... :rolleyes: But it does show up the problems in ownership of an animal like that. TBH, most owners are decent, walk their dogs over reasonable distances, dont leave them alone for hours at a time and so on. Just difficult to control it I suppose, you cant necessarily tell the people who are not responsible enough till its a bit late.

our next door neighbours had a dog, barked all day all night as they never ever took for a walk, or not that we ever saw.. they had it put down a few months ago as it was getting to vioolent... no wonder why the poor thing had a lot of pent up energy. A very sad situation all round :(

As for dogs in city centres... I work in a shop and i watch all day dogs tied to lamp posts and left there for hours while they're owners go shopping. And in many cases they don't return to check on them for hours, leaving them without food and water :(

As with our shop and most others dogs aren't allowed in for obvious reasons. I think maybe it'd be for the best interests of the animals for them to be banned from city centres, and for the shoppers if they allow the dogs to foul pavements without the owenrs clearing the mess up..... :\

imho dogs should not be banned in cities, however you should only be allowed one if you are able to provide the necessary things in its life and assume full responsibility for it. This includes:

#1 Being able to afford food, vets bills etc.

#2 Being able to walk it in a green area every day

#3 Being able to let it go outside whenever it needs the toilet

#4 Clearing up its shit when you take it to the park (incidently, i think they should impose huge fines on anyone that doesnt - leaving dog shit around in public places is disgusting)

#5 Having the respect for animal life that fox hunters dont, and being able to show it love and compasion, and spend plenty of time with it (ie not leaving it locked up all day while you are at work).

Edit:
Originally posted by Ezby
As for dogs in city centres... I work in a shop and i watch all day dogs tied to lamp posts and left there for hours while they're owners go shopping. And in many cases they don't return to check on them for hours, leaving them without food and water

Taking a dog shopping with you is ludicrous, I agree they should be banned from pedestrianised areas like town / city centres and there is no need for them to be there. It's cruel to the dog and can only hamper you while you are shopping etc. Take the dog for a walk in the park, feed it, then leave it at home while you do the shopping.

Last edited:
I work in the middle of Nottingham City Centre.
Last summer some muppet left their dog in the back of his Golf on a particularly hot day.
I didnt have the balls to break the window - although I really wanted to.
Phoned the RSPCA - they called the Police who did jemmy his lock tho.

Why take your dog into town fs. No need for it.
Lots of people should not be allowed to keep dogs imo-far 2 irresponsible.

here is my dog!
i walk him 3 times a day,i feed him,i pay all his bill,and the one who want bann my dog,i'll kill him! nuff said!

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 66
bann humans from the city!
they are so loud and they are smelly fuckers BAN THEM ALL!!!!

and "leaving your dog alone while you go shopping"

fuck that take your dog along, I think the dog will rather walk with ya then stay alone at home !

Last edited:
:rofl:

MrChester is mascotte of Mr :D

anyone that fucks with Mr will get their balls bitten off fs :evil:

Last edited:
Originally posted by RaMpaGe
fuck that take your dog along, I think the dog will rather walk with ya then stay alone at home !

I'm sure it would, but I doubt it would rather be tied to lamposts and shut in cars than left at home. Remember, 99% of shops do not allow dogs inside unless they are guide dogs (in UK at least).

Hey let me jump on the PC bandwagon.

Don't bann dogs they're natural. Bann the cities instead, they're the things that do the harm. Hey while we're at it lets hang all the people that chose to live in them, they are destroying the natural enviroment with their desire to live in big houses. Lets all go and live in a cave and sit around a smoke free camp fire.

See another child has beenmauled by someones lovely family pet. As someone who was attacked by a do as a child I can say it isnt nice. I was on hols in france, yeah i know smelly place, and had to have tests for rabies and all sorts! a shit load of stiches also! Was bought a kite to cheer me up which promptly snapped its string and got stuck in power lines!!! FFS *SNIFF* *SNIFF* Anyway back to the subject in hand, are we all so sure they shouldnt be banned now? Maybe the girl was dressed as a fox!

Yup I tend to agree with you there Tom the dog should certainly be shot slowly and painfully imo for hurting a child.

Oh yeah and I think you must have completely irresposible parent to have let you fly a kite near some power lines. Maybe they were too busy smoking to keep an eye on you.

Well thats my parents all over! Mom was prolly puffing her head off while my dad tried to drink the continent dry of cheap wine :). Lets say that when my dad came to get the dog off me, him and the dog had words! And the dog deffo lost! Dogs ARE EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

In the UK people used to need a licence to own a dog. Perhaps that should be re-introduced. It's the people that harm the dogs that concerns me the most and this could control that and prevent people from re-offending. It would also control people who own dangerous animals - either notorious breeds or people who train their animals to be violent.

If a dog attacks a person, I agree, it should be destroyed. But not slowly and painfully fs, I doubt the dog sat there thinking about how it wanted to torture a child. It would be more productive to ensure that dogs are cared for properly, then, perhaps, there would be less cases of dogs attacking humans.

And Tom, there are things that can be done about barking dogs. Environmental health and the RSPCA would step in if it were a constant thing. Personally I would call the RSPCA, not because I were fucked off with the noise, but because I would be concerned for the welfare of the dog.

Dogs shitting in public places? Punish the owners not the dogs. Good owners clear up after their pets.

Ban dogs from built up city centres? yep. Because the dogs cause a nuisance? no, because its cruel to the dogs to leave them tied up etc.