** Servicepack 2 **

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=U-T-U=-

Feb 15, 2003
Sprang - Capelle -NL
** Servicepack 2 for WinXP **

Since a few days, its possible to download it.
Can you tell me your experiences with it, about the bugs, and if it's wiser to not download it... :o

Last edited:
guess you mean SP2 for WinXP ;).
Well noticed 2 non important bugs (aint worth to talk about them), beside that this update is good enough and important. Read in many pc magazines that some Office versions and other proggies (ie. Nero) will make troubles. But didn't noticed any of these problems.
My office (2k) and Nero/other burning software still works, even older games working without any troubles.

Give Sp2 a chance!!!! :rolleyes:

From day 1 i installed it, it was useless, and slowed down my comp..

Also my GFX card is fucked now :) with GFX errors..

Anyway i reverted back to SP1..

ive heard if you have *cough* dodgy versions of XP then after updating you can no longer use windows update, anyone have any info on this? purely for curiousities sake of course

Re:

i happened upon a PC using an illegal version of windows "horror!" and it was able to use windows update with ease "shock!"

i did of course report this person to the authorities that be

My copy is a..:uhh: copy

It all updates fine though, however I installed SP2 with XP as its a combined rip. I dunno if this makes any difference though. Even if win-update does not work you can just manualy download the patches :D

use it and sofar the only downside is it installs crappy mediaplayer 9, but that might be that i am not used to it yet

Sometimes if you have a banned serial but somehow manage to install the service packs it will stop windows update from working, you can then either update everything manually :lol: or change the serial, which is very easy

My problem i had a few weeks back was, after installing sp2 my windows wouldnt load after rebooting. Just go a new motherboard and all worked fine ( strange ).

And yes my copy was original ( from work of course )