Server ping problems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=U-T-U=-

Feb 15, 2003
Sprang - Capelle -NL
If I start UT it takes a while before all servers are counted. (10 min) :(
And I cant play on a server untill they are all ready. Does somebody something to make the counting faster?? thx

Hmm can you join a server by IP directly?
Anyway, it sounds like a problem with master servers on your ut.ini.
Fast solution: backup your unrealtournament.ini, then remove it from the system folder and start ut.
UT will generate a default one.

If it didn't work give me a shout on ICQ.

Psychotic said:
Hmm can you join a server by IP directly?
Anyway, it sounds like a problem with master servers on your ut.ini.
Fast solution: backup your unrealtournament.ini, then remove it from the system folder and start ut.
UT will generate a default one.

If it didn't work give me a shout on ICQ.

Yes I can join a server by IP direct. And my ping on the server is also good it only takes a while to count the servers. I will try your solution.
thx

Search for

"Eavy server browser"

download install ALL servers pinged in about 20 seconds

Ohh nice tool, never tried it before :)

It does the same than LeagueASBrowser but for every game mode.
Get it here

Yeh its a good tool infact everyone should install it straight away if u aint got it.

Been using it myself for about 2 and a half years of playing ut works perfecyl fine everytime only thing is IF u del ur ut.ini u need to apply the umod again.

Well, umod installation didn't work for me, I had to made the changes myself by looking at manifest.ini file :\
But it's working fine now :)

Anyway I always use the same servers on my favs :P

Btw, any idea how to increase the favlist, to allow more than 100 servers? anyone?
You can change favcount on ut.ini, or you can add more than 100 favs while running the game, but everytime you launch UT it will cut the list to 100 again.

Psychotic said:
Btw, any idea how to increase the favlist, to allow more than 100 servers? anyone?
You can change favcount on ut.ini, or you can add more than 100 favs while running the game, but everytime you launch UT it will cut the list to 100 again.

i was once thinking of making a mod that extended yur favs, and maybe to have some way to organize into more than 1 tab so u could have ur ig separate from std etc. I'll have a lookie to see if i can do a quick extension or something

Cool :thumb:

I'm sure that I'm not the first one missing a longer & better organized list.

Psychotic said:
Well, umod installation didn't work for me, I had to made the changes myself by looking at manifest.ini file :\
But it's working fine now :)
can you describe that?
im not a umod or uscript freak and dunno what to do.