Server 5 down end of month

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made up my mind, it's going down 1st of June.
I suggest the admins remove it from the league then.

Go ahead and flame me. I (my server) get enough of it in match comments anyway...
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=78370

Clans like these obviously have nothing to blame except servers (it's actually just their lack of skill that makes them lose, but being the sore losers that they are they can't acknowledge that). Anyway, good going idiots, you whine about FREE stuff. How much lower can you get. :lol:

Put yourself in my shoes, I've got 55 ping on every server. I can never blame lag for losing, it's always my skills that make me lose a match. But I acknowledge that. Kinda sad for me isn't it? :bawling:

O well, enough ranting, have fun with 1 less server, I doubt anyone really cares anyway. :p:

:lol: as if Nice has been the only one moaning about the server :lol:
Nor i read in the comment that he blamed server for a sure loss vs eas clan.
But since we r not talking about some old and leet clan, let's flame it as hell. Good game pinhead. Now everyone will clap at u for being so brave to flame -=LAG=-. About ur flames they perfectly describe urself.

Well, it was just an example match comment, in about every match comment from matches played on server #5 you'll find the same stuff...

If you want to take it personally, go ahead, see if I care. :lol:

And I really need to quote...
Clans like these

Meaning not only you specfically. O well, why do I even bother...

Last edited:
Im taking it "personally" just coz i havent seen any flame from u towards all the others moaning about the server.
Nor i care if u care or not. I dont even know u and same i guess it's for u. Just stop flaming without any decent reason if u really wanna appear better than the "idiots" u mentioned.

Im taking it "personally" just coz i havent seen any flame from u towards all the others moaning about the server.
Nor i care if u care or not. I dont even know u and same i guess it's for u. Just stop flaming without any decent reason if u really wanna appear better than the "idiots" u mentioned.
You flame my server, I flame you. Seems pretty reasonable to me. :)

Unless you have some kind of proof that this match comment wasn't put there with the purpose of flaming the server?
I don't think you have any of that, in which case my so called flame about you (your clan, whatever you wish) was definately not out of line.

Anyway, I was merely stating my opinion on the matter, if you feel you should take it as a flame go ahead. Flame on!

Well, kudos to you pinhead for going out of your way to host a server for league matches, at all! :thumb:

I perfectly understand your point of view, when people starting whining about a service that is free for them to use, while it costs other people money to run (and don't benefit fuckall from it), they obviously don't deserve it.

I think I've only tried to play half a match on that server, so wouldn't be able to contribute if it was good or not, but again, free stuff is ALWAYS good! :P

You flame my server, I flame you. Seems pretty reasonable to me. :)

Flame on!

About the first sentence : flame everyone who flames ur server then not only the ones who are not leet enough in your opinion, granted that imo is not reasonable at all.

About the second: I'm not flaming. I'm not named pinhead :lol:

Last edited:
This is almost as pointless as half the threads I've began on here...

Firstly, no one is flaming you or the server.

Secondly, just because its FREE to us ans you provide it, doesn't mean we can't want or hope to have a lagless server. Server 6, 8 server, RA/Pug servers are all without lag and they are also free.

I am sure everyone respects you for providing a server, I know I do. However, of the 8 servers available to us, more have experienced problems there. My stable ping is nice there, but the lag spikes to 300 and lasting longer than 5-10 seconds makes a match very unenjoyable.

Anyway, on behalf of my fellow clanmates in LAG :D we thank you for providing a server and any comments are from post-match frustration, hope you understand.

About the first sentence : flame everyone who flames ur server then not only the ones who are not leet enough in your opinion, granted that imo is not reasonable at all.

About the second: I'm not flaming. I'm not named pinhead :lol:
1: Okay, everyone that whines about how much my server lags: you're a bunch of idiots that don't appreciate free services. My server costs me 100 euro/month, and you didn't have to pay anything to use it. Furthermore you had the freedom of CHOICE of which server you want to play on. Don't like my server? Okay, then don't play on it. EASY. No need for any whining about any lag at all in your match comments, it REALLY doesn't magically make the servers better. Oh and it really isn't any excuse for losing. :)

2: Flaming is part of the internet, don't take the internet too serious... If you do you might turn emo and become suicidal. But yeah, that's your problem.

Well then your problems are now solved. Good night.

Hi :wave: my name is Saint. I'm a complete imbecile and always have to have the last say in any flame-exchange even though I'm a dumb skillless twat and I'm wrong 99% of the time when I decide to argue with other people over the dumbest shit (like me being wrong about life). I play for LAG clan who complains about every server no matter what, only because we lose to try and make it seem like we're not skilless fools with a long history of mental disabilities. :clap:

Funniest was that EaS didn't complain about the server. Long story short: Pinny I think you should keep the server up. UTA really needs extra servers, and I might be able to give you a tiny tiny bit of money for it if you really need it. I haven't heard most people complaining about it (let's be honest, people will complain about servers no matter what) and I think the overall response is "nice ping." I'd personally really like to see a nice server like you're providing in UTA and I think I speak for the majority of the inteligent (read: not LAG) UTA community when I say that.

Hi my name is smantie :wave: I flame whoever I meet, no matter if i have any reason to do it. I feel totally leet so I feel it's right to flame every other clan that is not mine. I got owned by (s)AINT many times both by words and on game and I can't stand it. I also have no life and put in NWA clan settings flames towards my chief (read: (s)AINT) and -=LAG=- clan. I also pretended on IRC that (s)AINT had messed up with NWA ( ask me for IRC messages ), establishing its death after Ive flamed him hard without any reason and insulting all the players in my iAS clan I had recruited. I also like pretending to be friend to whoever is against someone i dont like. :wave:

Pinny I hoped that would be end of it but you keep bringing up LAG's lack of skill as a reason for losing, why? I mean everytime we have played DoG for example, we have won? I don't see the reason for snide comments like that, no one blames a server for LOSING, only for having a less enjoyable time.

I agree with Smantie about keeping the server. For the majority of the time, Servers 1,2,3,4 are far worse than Server 5 despite the ping spikes.

Server 6, 8 server, RA/Pug servers are all without lag and they are also free..

They might be lagfree for you and some others but 8 server for example pops up the disconnection icon quite often when i played it (For 3-5 seconds). Pug server however works fine and afaik these 2 servers are on the same connection so no clue why 8 server is worse to me. Others have complained at this as well. It seems to be np for UK players though.

I´m aware these are 2 different problems. I loved server 5 until the spikes started because it´s the server i got the best routing and ping to. I´d love to keep it in the league and appreciate pinnys generosity but it´s better if people say what they think so the problem can either be fixed or server beeing removed if nothing can be done to fix it.

Then, on the other hand... There a good ways to say it and bad ways. Saint isn´t even trying to be constructive for example.

Have been testing the server today for a bit. Had 2 major lagspikes, for like 1 second. But other than that it was quite stable.
I think I have found the problem:
The server was running a RAID-1, which means it had 2 hard disks that work together as 1. One of the hard disks wasn't working well, but it was replaced without being activated. I think this might have caused the lagspikes, cause it would have been trying to mirror everything to the 2nd disk, which wasn't there.
I am now rebuilding the RAID array on the server. After which I will reconfigure the server with a newer Linux kernel.
Will take a few days to do all this.

So after I'm done with all that I think I'll just keep it online for another month to see if it's any better.

Hi :wave: my name is Saint. I'm a complete imbecile and always have to have the last say in any flame-exchange even though I'm a dumb skillless twat and I'm wrong 99% of the time when I decide to argue with other people over the dumbest shit (like me being wrong about life). I play for LAG clan who complains about every server no matter what, only because we lose to try and make it seem like we're not skilless fools with a long history of mental disabilities. :clap:

Funniest was that EaS didn't complain about the server. Long story short: Pinny I think you should keep the server up. UTA really needs extra servers, and I might be able to give you a tiny tiny bit of money for it if you really need it. I haven't heard most people complaining about it (let's be honest, people will complain about servers no matter what) and I think the overall response is "nice ping." I'd personally really like to see a nice server like you're providing in UTA and I think I speak for the majority of the inteligent (read: not LAG) UTA community when I say that.

Smantie u r a poor man and the only things u can say are bs and flames. I could reply to everyone of the insults but i cba and this will be the last time I waste my time with fool people and their frustrations but i wanna just say that the only fool man it's u here and u should go to some hospital and heal ur brain. If im 99% wrong ( that is not true ) the 1% im right it's when i argue with u. I dont mind saying I'm not a leet player just coz i still take ut as a game ( that is what u dont do ). And stop flaming people noob. Do it towards some realtive of urs, not me because I'm 1000 times better than u in every field. :wave:
P.S.: I'm not even a racist as u are. :clap:

I´m aware these are 2 different problems. I loved server 5 until the spikes started because it´s the server i got the best routing and ping to. I´d love to keep it in the league and appreciate pinnys generosity but it´s better if people say what they think so the problem can either be fixed or server beeing removed if nothing can be done to fix it.

Then, on the other hand... There a good ways to say it and bad ways. Saint isn´t even trying to be constructive for example.

I do appreciate pinny's help. 100 euros are not few and it's nice from his side to keep this server up.
I also suggest u to read the posts because I've never moaned about the server so dont blame me for that. My clanmate did ,in a way as bad as others did. So let's blame every whiner or none.

I do appreciate pinny's help. 100 euros are not few and it's nice from his side to keep this server up.
I also suggest u to read the posts because I've never moaned about the server so dont blame me for that. My clanmate did ,in a way as bad as others did. So let's blame every whiner or none.

I do think you missunderstood this a bit.
Complaining about the server was obviously a good thing to do since Pinny is now doing something to try and solve the situation while you and some others are just filling the thread with useless bullshit flames. That´s what i meant with not beeing very constructive.

I do think you missunderstood this a bit.
Complaining about the server was obviously a good thing to do since Pinny is now doing something to try and solve the situation while you and some others are just filling the thread with useless bullshit flames. That´s what i meant with not beeing very constructive.

Got it better..but lol..sorry if i insist..i really think I havent flamed anyone before someone else *cough* smantie *cough* had done it. So let's say smantie's not being constructive. Anyway, it's ok i dont wanna argue with u nor i wanna "fill the thread with useless bullshit". Someone else should aswell.

P.S. : :clap: at opium too! whooaaaa u OWN!!11!! My mate had +30\40 ping on that server + spikes so get some infos then talk. Talking about losers INDEED AS YOU. :clap:

Pinny I hoped that would be end of it but you keep bringing up LAG's lack of skill as a reason for losing, why?
can't think of any other reason for losing vs EAS lol :P

there's many excuse here :
http://utassault.net/matches/matchinfo.php?matchid=8862
-=LAG=-: Ok ty for team balance. We were not prepared for this one so just did something, i didn't ply UT (except wars) in weeks. Nice had 7% loss. Xenos had broken mouse. Chianti had shit ping and saint had conn probs so cudn't show. Hopefully nxt time we can put up a decent fight. GG TNT

just saying they were shit would have been enought. :rofl:

more seriously, Saint is just 18 and has prolly no clue what's going on here, let's just blame imaturity.
btw, sending right back every arguments/flames is so 15 years old :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.