Scheduled downtime on bacon

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

doh

hodlike
Oct 21, 2001
Denmark
Our server 5+8/forums/irc/league site server bacon is going to be shut down and moved to a new data center in Amsterdam tomorrow (Sunday), from Rotterdam where it currently is located.

Kippenijzer will be getting up early, and expects it to be shut down for moving at around 09:30-10:00GMT.
If everything goes right, the server will be back up at around 13:00GMT.
Expect some disturbances with the dns's afterwards, until they are updated. The new ip of the server will be 81.18.167.84, so if you know how to fiddle with your hosts file, you can probably sneak your way in using that.

As with the last downtime, most of the community resources will be affected, pretty much only irc will be semi-functional. Join toasty.utassault.net to avoid getting disconnected from irc.

Last edited:
Amsterdam? Nope, Capelle, it's just 15KM from the current location, but supposedly way better power-outage wise and stuff ;). If it would have been Amsterdam I would have assumed a much larger timeframe for it ;)

I put up bacon as the first machine on the new location. Once I had my own uplink-switches connected I had to plug bacon over to my own switch, bacon itself never went down, and let's hope it won't at all in the near future ;)

Nope, I actually forgot as it was all to hectic and shitty and I really wanted to go home once everything was up and running. Friend of mine did however, so I'll ask him for the ones he took very soon. But here's one of the pics I took will I was baking the bacon, ehm, building bacon I mean ofc:

Attachments

• Afbeelding(104).jpg
    Afbeelding(104).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 92
presenting Bacon of the Month:

bacon-of-the-month.jpg

feel free to join the Bacon of the Month Club.