Schedule Idea

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Champ`

The Champ is here!!
Jan 12, 2005
i iz From Jamaica
these days i think the biggest pain in the ass for people is scheduleing matches, so i kinda half thought of an idea i dont even know if its possible anyway but here goes.

what about if you could somehow in clan admin area setup a system so each clan has a set 3 days it can play wars eg: sunday tuesday Friday, 3 preferred servers ,eg: 1,2,3 and 2 time slots eg: 19:00 & 20:00 (just examples) and at the start of each month the system (or admins) could just auto setup the whole months 4 matches or at least half would egt setup if peoples days/times/servers didnt match, and u could also have the option to reschedule any games after if 1-2 or more dont end up on good days.

Could use it for pro and ias too for 1-2 games as auto schedule , im sure more games would actually get played then in those leagues aswell :/

just an idea and not fully thought through or even know how hard it would be to setup, so any ideas or let me know if its not possible, or if u think it's a shit idea lol /XR

sounds good imo i would prefer random forced schedule each month i sill have to play when other ppl can play atm so might as well just be random and spare me the time wasted talking to leaders booking rescheduling etc...

The only thing that's anoying about scheduling matches is that some clans are just unreachable half off the time :/

The only thing that's anoying about scheduling matches is that some clans are just unreachable half off the time :/

with random scheduled matches at say 20gmt they can just check schedule and see who and where they play should be much easier!

i think this system would mean a massive increase in the number of forfeits. Sure you can give up days ppl are usually avail, but what if they arent on the date the match is scheduled?

I think it would be to hard to keep that into account.

i think this system would mean a massive increase in the number of forfeits. Sure you can give up days ppl are usually avail, but what if they arent on the date the match is scheduled?

I think it would be to hard to keep that into account.

i don't see how it would result in a massive forfeit increase ? you would know the 4 dates and times from the first day of the month.

you could reschedule any of the 4 games after there automated on the first day of the month also,allot of games get scheduled manually now and then on the day guys aren't available anyway. I'm guessing at least 2-3 of the auto scheduled wars would end up fine saving allot of time and hassle from the guys who spend ages trying to find clan leaders who have no contact :/

i mainly aimed this more at proAS and iAS as almost no wars ever get played there but i guess stdAS this could work well imo if well thought out

Last edited:
i you could reschedule any of the 4 games after there automated on the first day of the month

Hows that going to work?

Fine, 4 matches get automatically scheduled at the start of the month
ClanA decides that they cant play one of their matches because maybe someone in their team is having a birthday
ClanA asks ClanB to reschedule, ClanB tell them no, its already scheduled and they dont want to rearrange (possibly because they expect to win by forrfeit)
ClanA forfeits because they dont have enough people for their match

thats how I see that going.

The only way it could possibly work is if its made optional, a team could have a default schedule eg Sunday 20GMT Server5. Any team that want to schedule them either have the option of picking the default date or contacting the arrnager directly for another date. Giving a range of dates, servers etc will cause problems IMO

Hows that going to work?

Fine, 4 matches get automatically scheduled at the start of the month
ClanA decides that they cant play one of their matches because maybe someone in their team is having a birthday
ClanA asks ClanB to reschedule, ClanB tell them no, its already scheduled and they dont want to rearrange (possibly because they expect to win by forrfeit)
ClanA forfeits because they dont have enough people for their match

thats how I see that going.

The only way it could possibly work is if its made optional, a team could have a default schedule eg Sunday 20GMT Server5. Any team that want to schedule them either have the option of picking the default date or contacting the arrnager directly for another date. Giving a range of dates, servers etc will cause problems IMO

the amount of forfeits is high anyway, if u add 2-3 days to your auto schedule all your clan can usually play i can't see it making more forfeits, imo probably less as most matches are made last minute and most of the clan say uhh sorry cant make that day just forfeit. at least if all 4 matches were seen from day 1 people would have more time to see the days of wars, and as it would auto schedule on days that clan members can play i'm guessing there would be a higher chance of getting a team? , thats the way i see it. is only an idea anyway it wouldn't have to be exactly to how i specified , your optional idea is maybe a good one then :)

The 'default date' system is used at dota-league aswell and clans there play on 75% of the default dates.

Ofcourse if one of them can't make it they will reschedule it, as you mentioned with it being optionable. I don't really see negative effects, infact for iAS and proAS it would prolly be better to have 4 default dates scheduled then not scheduling a single match as 50% of the clans do currently. If a clan decides to play 1 out of 4 it would already increase the amount of matches in these leagues.

imo some ppl just cba to play thats why they dont even bother checking schedules or trying to arrange matches. people who do want to play can organize their life accordingly so they can fit ut in. would be better to have less active clans that r willing to play each month!

i think its a great idea....
aSW_StillaNoob.jpg

The 'default date' system is used at dota-league aswell and clans there play on 75% of the default dates.

Ofcourse if one of them can't make it they will reschedule it, as you mentioned with it being optionable. I don't really see negative effects, infact for iAS and proAS it would prolly be better to have 4 default dates scheduled then not scheduling a single match as 50% of the clans do currently. If a clan decides to play 1 out of 4 it would already increase the amount of matches in these leagues.

Yeah thats my thinking also , Maybe not have 4 auto matches in the pro and ias ladder , maybe just 1-2 would be sufficient :)

The idea of days and one basic game start time as preselection for the schedule can work, if for example each clan can vote two days out that they dont want to play per week for each month. --> This way all days without a double booking are free to use. It can help to reduce the time amount that squad match arranger are spending in the schedule process down to a minimum niveau. Still a custom schedule would be possible too.

The idea of days and one basic game start time as preselection for the schedule can work, if for example each clan can vote two days out that they dont want to play per week for each month. --> This way all days without a double booking are free to use. It can help to reduce the time amount that squad match arranger are spending in the schedule process down to a minimum niveau. Still a custom schedule would be possible too.

yeah thats also a good one maybe ;)

something definitely needs to be done to revive the league. i for one would rather just pug than have to waste my time trying to schedule. even if the schedule is done it would still be no guarantee that each clan will have enough players but at least would save people the time of scheduling. im down for this idea, make it happen

Still got to remember Pitbull, it's just that time of the year. Exams, university projects and dissertations, holidays. It is always quiet around this time. June picks up a bit usually but then August is quiet. Watch, in September, UTAPUG will be flooded again.