Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

some people works on a ut3 assault mod
what they need is some mappers and coders too
think 3-4 weeks for the mod needed and some weeks for some good maps

assault in 2k4 was :hangover: but i hope in ut3 it will be nice

this is a good chance for the uta comeback (think last chance)
we dont need a fraghub side .. it splitt up somethink

my 2:)

Funny stuff , and yeah uta community will be around forever. We may not be as active as earlier days but its bout only forums i visit and read haha and i still join irc etc. Nice community and enjoyable even if not playing. BTW ! COD4 6v6 tdm ladder would rox and a TF2 ladder 6v6 ive heard has a bit of intrest aswell :) would be cool to add few diff game options :). With regards to UT3 i was hyped about it but it lasted the whole of 2 days and was deleted from my system unless into DM it aint worth the effort.

UT99 still the best UT around and still standing the test of time Hooray!

Maybe add an UT3 league here? so we have an ut99 and an ut3 league :)

Over time it might change to an UT3 league only and we'd still have the same community ;)

Has anyone played UT3 and thought 'this is the future of UT'? Is t worth making a league out of? I've played it and while it's a good game I wouldn't look forward to playing league matches of any of its game-types any more than I would in UT2K3 or 2K4. It's not a disappointment but it's nowhere near as fun as UT99. I'm starting to think a game to match 99 is not possible.

LOL Farac yah big girl ut99 > ut3

UT3 in all honesty i could not see it being anywhere near popular for league tbh for 1 theres no AS haha

Never been a DM player and i dont like vehicles so..... not much for me in UT3 + the hassle of the game and crashes etc just aint worth the time.

Runs great on my system but fps might not be the best when everything is set to max but I enjoy playing it a lot. Especially iCTF with Meteor :D
Even tho I dotn hit shit most of the time haha

I thought I would always go back to UT99, but
I have tried to play UT99 after I played UT3..
I will never go back to UT99! :(
Dont have any fun anymore now that I know what I can have in UT3.

Why?
1: When you play UT3 you notice the flow in movement and aim smoothness that never appeares in UT99.
2: I have a computer that runs it 100+fps from start so i can really focuse on having fun instead of be pissed because of fps.
3: The system in UT3 with friends etc is really great!

Why not?
1: Only thing Im missing is assault atm, but I dont doubt it will come in the future and I can w8!

:satan:

Last edited:
just 1 of topic question: how does it run on a 128 mb graphic crad? is it ok, or do i really need to find a better one?

just 1 of topic question: how does it run on a 128 mb graphic crad? is it ok, or do i really need to find a better one?

Its not all about gfx card, need better CPU also..

If you wanna play online i would say: duo 2 core and atleast nvidia 7800 and up :satan: