Rumors about UTA shutdown???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well fix the servers. Everyone trying UT out have the same lag as rest of us.

Only thing is we'r addicted :moon: their not :)

tbh dont use the nolockdown from pure/purestats or the even the original one with CB12 etc

imo its best to make our own which still locks down a bit but not as much as it does.. the bug itself is caused by the mini giving momentum to the player when it hits being much to high

if you notice, when playin with no lockdown enabled on dm servers etc, the enforcer, RL etc will still stop you dodging - all theyve done is reduce the momentum given by the mini to almost none

i'd suggest just reducing the momentum to a reasonable level so hammer jumping while under fire is still possible, but not if the aim is good enough - which is a good compromise imo

discuss etc :)

Lockdown isn't actually a bug with the minigun at all, as Uzi pointed out it's a bug with the player classes themselves, so lockdown is theoretically possible with any weapon.

In order to fix this EVERY player class (Player, Boss, Female1, Female2, Male1, Male2, TournamentMale, TournamentFemale) needs to be replaced with a new class structure that includes a fix in Player to include/remove the "falling" player movement when a player is hit - I don't think dampening is possible unless an additional hitcounter is added (x in y hits adds falling) - would be too messy imo.

i've played with CB12 and its perfectly fine....... if your aim is good..... you will kill the guy with DAMAGE, not by MAKING HIM STANDSTILL

tbh dont use the nolockdown from pure/purestats or the even the original one with CB12 etc

imo its best to make our own which still locks down a bit but not as much as it does.. the bug itself is caused by the mini giving momentum to the player when it hits being much to high

if you notice, when playin with no lockdown enabled on dm servers etc, the enforcer, RL etc will still stop you dodging - all theyve done is reduce the momentum given by the mini to almost none

i'd suggest just reducing the momentum to a reasonable level so hammer jumping while under fire is still possible, but not if the aim is good enough - which is a good compromise imo

discuss etc :)

IMO that's the best idea if you're gonna do anything about it, but I only find lockdown to be a problem on pug server, and since 90% of the people bitching about it play on the pug server 90% of the time, they're going to find a problem with it.

oh and also... lockdown is not only about hammerjumps

it also prevents you from dodging and thats pretty gay....

I actually have a perfect example in my vid.......

I go past the lift on lava... QiutiQ gets out of the spawn as I am at the door level rushing for final.... instead of going after me with flak which would be the obvious weapon choice here since it delivers alot more damage then the minigun for this type of fight...

but no... he minigunned me and prevented me from dodging to the objective.... he didnt have enough time to kill me with minigun because minigun isnt made to deliver damage quickly, he made a dumb weapon choice but still managed to kill me because of the lockdown. A flakball would have killed me immediately and it would have also been a skilled shot.... 2 primary flak shots could also have killed me....

minigun is a very versatile weapon already, but lockdown makes it usefull in 100% of situations rendering every other gun nearly useless

if all you want to use is a single weapon fine but tbh I think it adds a lot of fun to the game when you have to play wise (choose the right weapon) to win a map... and not just have a big prrrt vs d0ng contest in virtually any situation.....

Frost Nova ! :<

Well, my opinion as being an IAC Admin, Is that this years main event is the IAC. Although I believe Admins may be discussing this, or maybe they need more suggestions from the Community.

Hold on Malice, maybe we can find you a "LOOK LOOK I AM IAC ADMIN" avatar so the guys who didn't realise that yet will notice that important information after that :P

I go past the lift on lava... QiutiQ gets out of the spawn as I am at the door level rushing for final.... instead of going after me with flak which would be the obvious weapon choice here since it delivers alot more damage then the minigun for this type of fight...

but no... he minigunned me and prevented me from dodging to the objective.... he didnt have enough time to kill me with minigun because minigun isnt made to deliver damage quickly, he made a dumb weapon choice but still managed to kill me because of the lockdown. A flakball would have killed me immediately and it would have also been a skilled shot.... 2 primary flak shots could also have killed me....

was it too hard to load a sixpack to his face then since it was pretty obivious somebody would come after you? :P

was it too hard to load a sixpack to his face then since it was pretty obivious somebody would come after you? :P

if you look closely I only had 3 rockets, of course I would have thrown some at the door if i had 6 or more rockets, but I timed my run to charge 3 rockets and win the map since I had enough life to make a run straight for the objective.

Thing is the lockdown prevented me from dodging twice delaying my run and making me kill myself in the doorstep instead of winning the map... If I coulda dodged, I woulda won the map