Resigning from the league

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

G

GER2 GOD

Hi all,

AAK is leaving the UTassault league! We thank all clans we had much fun
with in the past months. AAK is NOT breaking up and we're looking
forward to see all of you again in other games like SWAT :)

There are several reasons why leave the league:

1. It's summertime any many of us prefer to do something better than
sitting in front of the computer, thus we're slowly running out of
active AS-Players.

2. We're not interested in replacing missing players with mercenaries
like it has been practiced by other clans in the past.
This isn't our understanding of a clan-league!

3. Many of our players grew tired of playing assault, thus it's time for
us to strike a new path.

4. It has come to our knowledge how easy it is to cheat if you know the
admin password of a server. We don't want to accuse anyone of abusing
this bug, we just want to demonstrate how easy it is:
If you log into a password protected server and use the admin password
instead of the normal password you automagically get admin rights
WITHOUT a white name showing this.

We wish all remaining clans to have fun and the AAK players, that are
about to stay in the league with other clans, good luck!

Take care

[AAK]-=GOD=-

4. It has come to our knowledge how easy it is to cheat if you know the
admin password of a server. We don't want to accuse anyone of abusing
this bug, we just want to demonstrate how easy it is:
If you log into a password protected server and use the admin password
instead of the normal password you automagically get admin rights
WITHOUT a white name showing this.

I learned about this bug a while ago (22.06.00), and immideately e-mailed Steven Polge about it (didn't want to mention it here until a fix was provided). No response so far, and the 423 beta patch released today does *not* fix this. This is rather disappointing, seeing that quite a lot of leagues/ladders out there are based on home/away matches at private servers, or like utassault.net, the servers are run by active players.

Edit---- Steven Polge: "Shoot! I forgot. OK - I fixed it. I'll wait for more feedback and make an update."

So I guess it will be fixed in the 223 (224?) release :)

I too have known about this for a while, found out totally by accident. I have not mentioned it anyone at all since I knew it would cause a lot of problems and since there only a few people with admin access all of whom I trust I decided it would better not to make the information public, besides I assumed most knew nothing about it (since I'd never seen it mentioned anywhere). This was also a reason I would like to have seen spectators stay in the game, if you suspect anyone of using it you can just watch the game from their perspective and see if they lose health when they get shot.

Unfortunately it makes it difficult to trust people who have admin access to a server in a match with this bug in place so I hope they fix it soon.

Thanx

Hmmmm, there are many bugs in UT which should be sorted out, e.g. the Overlord bug, this one and the goddamn suicide shit bug. Assault is plagued by bugs like that and Epic is not quick enough to sort them out. Of course you may disagree with me, so flames are welcome at icq 68012321.

Should it not be quite apparent when someone has given themsevles or a team-mate GOD mode.

I don't care what kinda player you are but it is invetable that at some point during a game you are going to take a 6 spread in the face. Surely anyone who walks through that kinda firepower or the combined firepower that a good defense will put out will have anyone thinking

....wait in minute....????

Apocalypse

Not quite, Apocalypse. Those things (seem) to happen all the time, due to the various amount of lag experienced by the players in a match. I've had ppl in my sniper scope & fired 3-4 shots to their head, without any effect at all due to lag, so nothing amzes me in thyat department any more.

The thing with god-mode is that it can be toggled (bind a key to "God"), and by that you can be untouchable for short periods, simulating lag, so it's really untraceable without spectating from the player in questions perspective.

"The thing with god-mode is that it can be toggled (bind a key to "God"), and by that you can be untouchable for short periods, simulating lag, so it's really untraceable without spectating from the player in questions perspective"

Never knew that !!

Apocalypse

To Apocalypse

He,he every day you learn something new :)

I think many people don´t know this!

Re: To Apocalypse

There is a difference between lag and people using god mode. People who you think you hit but didn't because of lag will tend to carry on running as if nothing happened (well you missed them). Those you hit but didnt die because of God Mode will tend to shoot across the room due to momentum. Of course this only works with high momentum weapons such as Shock, Flak lobs and R/L and isn't a terribly reliable method of telling because they could just have a lot of armour or keg'o'health. But its the best ya can get without spectators and if it happens a lot is possibly reason for suspicion.

Thanx

I gotta say this, thank u all for ur very nice goodbye's.. really moved me ;) :p

take care,

ff

gl AAK

may i laugh a bit about that replys?
AAK leaves the league and all u do is talking about cheating
:lol: :lol: :lol:
damn cant laugh anymore about that :(