reopened...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largo

]>BO<[
Aug 19, 2003
needed to comment on that closing post.
pls keep spam in chit chat.
Pls Pls next time a bot is suspected email/pm admins public discusion about bots makes everyone think we don't know and anit dealing with it, nothing could be futher from the truth.
NP with closing because it was getting off topic, even though it already got offtopic about at post 2. But the other stuff:
1) was not a just a suspected bot.
2) was a clan server, not league or in a match.
3) no league admin(s) around at the time or next 2 days, but i happened to find skull on irc, while hunting for any RC member to report to.
Anyway, im sure Skull posted it just to reassure us that he was doing something about it and cares about banning cheaters from their server, which is practically 1 of the only 2 populated (by clanners) public servers around.
I happened to be the one rejoining the server as spectator to get some behindview 0 evidence on demos, which i subsequently handed to skull soon after i found him. I still have them somewhere if you care to investigate them personally.
Im sure u just want to show ur taking ur newfound admin duties serious, but skull in fact is the admin - of that server - and i feel moved to remind you that none of us, that were on that server at the time, started a thread about it. I expect that you are already working with clanserver admins so try tracking if it was a league player or not and then do something behind the scenes and eventually posting a league ban if its one of us.
If (clan)server admins even cant post that they banned a cheater, in this case blatant botter caught on demos and witnessed by skilled players, then who is allowed to say something? And about what? Even when, perhaps?
The motives for trying to keep the lid on the unclear/undocumented claims i can respect, but not in clear cases as this one.

spam belongs to chitchat, take this as the main reason for closing. The other statement there was not the reason for closing, I'd guess, its merely a request for future topics.

btw, rule #1) dont start threads about previously closed threads.

I saw somebody botting on RC or DFP last week..... His name was Melton!

Pls don't reopen topics, what moe posted explains my reasons for closing last post, i am personly looking into this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.