Reminder: Patch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

CD/DVD not required to play

It surprised you guys, that Epic released a No CD patch.
Me not, coz Epic did the same with UT1 and UT2k3. And i bet thez will do the same with UT2k5 or 6

There was no cd patch 1 day after 2k4 was released, way before it even was released in europe ;)

and how many times a second did it steal your CD key jap? My friends aint hackers and frankly i dont trust anyone else, except official patches.

I aint gonna install anything that aint official, or aint required for a league....

you don't use the bright skins? how the hell do you see characters? they are close to impossible to see

can see them fine .... :confused: Theres a "highlight characters" option in menus .. works fine for me.

Joko said:
and how many times a second did it steal your CD key jap? My friends aint hackers and frankly i dont trust anyone else, except official patches.

I aint gonna install anything that aint official, or aint required for a league....
This might be a new thing for u, but u can check files with anti-vir/ad-aware/spy-bot before running them :D
How can u download anything from the net if u think every file has trojan or virus innit :confused:

I think the point Joko was trying to make was that no-cd patches are often released from teams of hackers with the sole intention of stealing your CD-key, as is the same with the aimbots they release.

I personally keep my anti-virus up to date and so I download pretty much anything I feel like, but when it comes to the cd-key for a game I paid good money for, I'm all for waiting for the official release...

...and if more people did the same, clans like ELF and players like Zelious could suddenly find themselves with little less CD-keys to play around with.

No prob, just peeps sidetracked on no-cd patches.....

Japster said:
This might be a new thing for u, but u can check files with anti-vir/ad-aware/spy-bot before running them :D
Only if the anti-virus makers have identified it and updated before you test it. Besides trojans can't really be stopped this way. It's easy enough to throw an exe together to send the key via an email or something, easy enough to do that and still run the game without cd (or whatever its 'purpose' was) so you don't have a clue you've been done over.
Best protection is to be cautious, wait for others to try it first, and have a firewall.

sorry, my mistake

its one of the options when ur setting an offline game.