Random crashes

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
Hello..

i've got a huge problem.. well not so huge, but it's damn annoying since I've got a deadline 2 weeks and I have alot of work to do beforehand so Im basicly running out of time.

The problem is that my pc crashes randomly (when busy every 15 minutes) or locks up entirely. Especially when i'm rendering (in After Effects) so it asks alot. I've got a pretty modern pc with good specs (good enough specs) to run all these things but it still keeps crashing.

I've heard that this could have to do something with the memory voltages.. but I installed Hardware Monitor and everything seems normal. Also the temperatures seems quite ok. Sometimes processor goes a little high, but not really something I should worry about I think (Around 55c).

Do you have any ideas what it could be? Perhaps when it can't be solved, buy a new motherboard.. because I've already had alot of problems with my cheapass ASrock motherboard? But that couldnt be the issue, or can it? Or a Processor cooler.. ?

Computer specs:

• Motherboard: ASrock P45R2000-Wifi
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
  • GPU: XFX GTX260
  • Memory: 2x 2GB DDR3 1333
  • PSU: Corsair TX750
  • and one IDE HD and one SATA HD (These 2 are quite old..)
  • And I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate

ps. I'm not a hardware geek so don't talk any fancy stuff please.. try to explain it to me like you would explain it to your 80 year old grandma :P

Last edited:
after a stress test as MyM called it.. ;)

Attachments

• temperatures.jpg
    temperatures.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 65
Wouldnt hurt to vaccum out any debris, payong particular attention to the fins on your gfx and processor coolers.

i bought an arctic square cpu cooler.. but it wasnt really necessary.. i figured out with mym that it were my mem voltages after all.. :o