Pug Server

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
Next month the contract on my server will be finished and I do not plan to renew it. This means that as of the 3rd week of next month #UTAPug will be looking for a new server, this gives all those that have complained about server and service the opportunity to put their money/blagging where there mouth is and come up with a new server :)

Ideally server needs to be in full control of pug, no constant swapping back and forth between clan and pug.
Server will be configured as needed so you dont need to do anything.
14+ place Teamspeak server to go with the server would also be helpful

PM me if you have anything suitable

thanks

Depends if you got a box on collocation or you just renting a game server.
Both options are not cheap :(
For example (game server) 12 slots public UT99 costs ~32.99 euro without TS server. If you want 12 slots TS server as well then it's ~35.98 euro. Ofcourse prices are different in different companies. Those are from x3mservers.net. More info about their prices: http://x3mservers.net/gprices.php

Monthly cost is currently at just over £50 a month, however thats for 3 servers, 100+ slot TS2 server, various bits and pieces etc so its hosting a few things, its limited by hardware.

This is not an easy server to offload onto someone else, its using a big chunck of my monthly bandwidth allowance which other people might find difficult to absorb.

Nooooo

Lets just donate a bit u lads :lol:... Or some1 host a new server and few ppl pay for it, me maybe included :D. Keep the Soul AlivE

Well i thank mym for useing his time and money for provideing these servers and maybe something can be arranged i pm ya on irc m8 :)

tbh, I'd chip in, I dont mind. Just lemme know in time what you want and when u want it...within reason ofc ;)

As I said, depending on what happens with current people with servers donating I will be looking for an alternative.

I really can't afford to pay alot again for server rental, I would be willing to pay around 10-15quid a month for a server and any addition would have to be donated.

If people can search for good server deals and post them here, also post if there is genuine willingness to donate would help get a better idea of what to do.

i woulld donate £50 straight up for a good server which every1 agrees on. and imo wud have to be a uk/nl one. and id prolly pay for 12months TS2 as a one off payment. Just show mesum details im lazy

Multiplay: (base-rate £34/month with TS2 comms)

3 months up-front:-

Unreal Tournament (12 Player(s)): £81.00
Private: £-13.50
Voice Comm Server ( teamspeak ): £0.00
Voice Comm Extra Slots ( 8 ): £10.80

Total: £78.30

(Total Discount: £8.70)
(Equivalent Monthly: £26.10)

12 months up-front:-

Unreal Tournament (12 Player(s)): £288.00
Private: £-48.00
Voice Comm Server ( teamspeak ): £0.00
Voice Comm Extra Slots ( 8 ): £38.40

Total: £278.40

(Total Discount: £69.60)
(Equivalent Monthly: £23.20)

----
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Jolt UK: (base-rate £25/month - no comms)

3 months up-front:-

Unreal Tournament (12 Player(s)): £67.50
Private: £-15.00
Increased tickrate (from 20 to 30): £15.00

Total: £67.50

12 months up-front:-

Unreal Tournament (12 Player(s)): £240
Private: £-60.00
Increased tickrate (from 20 to 30): £60.00

Total: £240

Last edited:
well ppl, tell me how what severs most ppl prefer etc 9tbh best to di a pool) seems i get paid alot weekly i wud buy the server and ts in 1 payment. and if any1 wud want to contribute towards it then thx. but do a vote to what server??and il pay nps. and no dont ask my job plz or how much i get paid.

Ive told the ppl that have pm'd me and offered to donate towards running costs that whatever is put up ill match, this way allows me to keep 8 server as well as server6 and pug server, all three are hosted on same machine and will go down at same time.

If people want the current server continued then im looking for £120 to continue it for the next 6 months, hardware really needs to be changed so ideally need to know if we meet this by 11th March (2 weeks) to give me time to get that done. Let me know via pm what you want to donate Ill see if I can sort out a 10 slot TS2 server for those that donate and want one, on the other hand if you prefer to source a different server then np.

While people are feeling generous :P the forums have an ongoing cost, although its subsidised it still requires money, please donate through paypal towards that running cost here, thanks.