Please someone explain this to me.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
How can in the same match a server go super laggy only for some maps twice and come back to normal???

chain of events that I find strange in (-8-) vs. CoH match today:
after being down 0-4, with constant "good ping" on all these maps, we defend lavafort (our pick) and server starts going laggy (like really laggy 200-300 pings for everyone) after (-8-) gets the fuses and enter the fort, then they proceed to win the map since i couldnt even standcombo the lift.
then for all our attack server lags
then map change to ballistic (their pick) and server is totally fine for both rounds
then map change to golgotha][ (our pick) and immidiately server starts lagging again for both rounds
then map change to mazon (their pick) and ping is fine again...

some people in both clans seem to believe this lag coming on and off was random.
knowing basic maths I cannot in good conscience believe it was in fact random.

detailed explanation why:
second 1: lag starts after 8 get the fuses on lavafort
second 385: lag ends exactly after lavafort is over (having lagged for all our attack including the countdown)
second 877: after both ballistic rounds including both countdown with the ping being constantly fine, lag starts again when golgotha][ starts
second 1241: after both rounds and countdowns of golgotha][ (that were all constantly laggy), the lag ends at the start of mazon.

now for those that believe that this was all random and that lag could go off and on ANY second, well yes its true that its possible, here's the chance of it happening like it did.
1/1241^4 or 1/2.372x10^12 or one chance on 2372 BILLION.

one chance on 2372 BILLION

that's the chance of this happening randomly if lag can go on or off at any given second aka randomly.
I find it hard to believe.

this was the first time ive ever seen a server go laggy for 1 map then go perfectly fine for another map and then relag for a second map and right after come back to normal again.... how is that even possible?

Last edited:

I don't love you Spoq

Personally, I don't think mym or anyone else from -8- had anything to do with the server lagging, but it was very annoying none the less to have unplayable lag on our best/favourite maps

Last edited:
Yeah wtf!!! Imerced for Api today vs SP and same shit happened!!!!!

Personally, I don't think mym or anyone from else from -8- had anything to do with the server lagging, but it was very annoying none the less to have unplayable lag on our best/favourite maps

:rofl: even getting this idea is too funny html :rofl:

RiverbedAL they lagged on attack for the final 20 seconds or so... somehow someone made a save for us but in the end they get it. Then server is fine pretty much until Ballistic, where it's complete lag. I went to set hammer at start and couldn't do it... then we ended up just lagging every single objective on assault - same with Desertstorm. Towards the end of Desertstorm it calms down a little and nps really when they attack.

What server was 8 v CoH on? Api SP was on server 4, and Ase said server 1 was wank.

Perhaps if these servers lagged at same times it was a routing issue?

:rofl: even getting this idea is too funny html :rofl:

it WASN'T random
AND
it was to our disadvantage since it was our maps only

so either
1) (unlikely) someone from 8 did something
2) something was wrong with the server and our maps for some reason

I dont think your math is accurate, since the lag occurs for more than 1 second in total. Since 2 maps lagged constantly from start to end, I don't think it was that random, obviously a gaythica issue. If the server lagged at certain moments for a small period of time then I would also suspect something.

Why would the lag start after the fuses, I find lavafort easier to get the last objective before the fuses have gone vs a team with a proper defense.

But the main reason I am sure -8- didn't do this intentionally is:

Why would they need to do that to win vs you? (No disrespect to CoH here, but -8- are obviously stronger at the moment)

Watching a few rounds in IRC -8- had a strong team and I can't see CoH winning even if the match was played on a LAN, maybe you'd get some more maps though

btw laugh at html all you want for making this thread, but when I was lagging in a -8- war they made avis and a forum thread :<

:D

oh btw, the noob vs tnt war was also very laggy from what I heard, also a gothica server. Just another gothica issue tbh

Last edited:
Packeting in UT is old old news. With basic knowledge of how networks function one can completely bring a node to it's knees. The possibility is definitely there, and I wouldn't put it past someone like mym to do it either.

but as I said in my last post lenneth - why would -8- want to do that? i dont see any win situation for them

OMG. It wasn't random, did you read what I said html?

Server 4 (not even on the same box as 1,2,3) had the same fucking problem. Api SP was originally to be played on Server 6 but 6 is down I guess so MyM set it up on server 4.

Actually, strangely enough:

Maps for clan =]sp[=: Ballistic DesertStorm Frigate Mazon RiverbedAL Riverbed]l[AL Siege][
Maps for clan -1api1-: Ballistic DesertStorm Frigate Golgotha][AL Mazon Rook Siege][

Maps for clan -{CoH}-: Bridge DesertStorm Frigate GolgothaAL Golgotha][AL Lavafort][ Submarinebase][
Maps for clan (-8-): AutoRIP DesertStorm Ballistic Mazon Riverbed]l[AL Rook Siege][

Both the booking teams' maps lagged... perhaps that's just coincidence, or a bug. OR MyM BROKE EVERY SERVER BY ABUSING TELEBUGS. Ban MeetYourMaker... or should I say MeetYourPsy :rofl: :rofl:

Packeting in UT is old old news. With basic knowledge of how networks function one can completely bring a node to it's knees. The possibility is definitely there, and I wouldn't put it past someone like mym to do it either.

Hi -8- actually owns CoH without trying. No need to do that. Let's accuse MyM of haxxing anyways just for fun. In fact, someone told me mym was a witch. Does anyone know if there are ways of telling if he is a witch?

Hi, the majority of the members from them 2 clans aren't even living in europe, doesn't your ping suck to every league server? :x

All dutch servers suck (old news), the english server has extreme packetloss and has died for 2 days, NGZ ftw imo

Hi, the majority of the members from them 2 clans aren't even living in europe, doesn't your ping suck to every league server? :x

All dutch servers suck (old news), the english server has extreme packetloss and has died for 2 days, NGZ ftw imo

Nope. my ping was higher than normal the whole match... but 2 americans were on server 4, and when the lag affects every single player on the server that has nothing to do with it.

Fair enough. That shows it was just random for the times it happened during the coh -8- war then :p: