Olympics!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Who's planning on watching?

What sports are you particularly interested in?

Personally I can't wait for Track & Field to start next week. There's a lot of hype in the USA about swimming due to Michael Phelps trying to get moaar medals than anyone else. I can't wait till he fails and everyone sees what a flabby twat of a failure he is. Basketball should be pretty good this year since the USA since it was finally competitive last time.

Also women's beach volleyball.
volleyball8405.jpg

082004_kerri_walsh.jpg

beach_volleyball_49.jpg

829.jpg

102110.jpg

133399659_a9d8f6ff55.jpg

454835777mblyihfsge0.jpg

capt.olyvbb11808241914.greece_olympics_beach_volleyball_olyvbb118-thumb.jpg

FIVB-beach-volleyball-714658.jpg

FIVB-beach-volleyball-714658.jpg

well, thanks to china / europe time difference, i gonna watch it when i breakfast.

For me it's cycling, handball and women football. But that's it. Track & field is so fckn boring in my opinion..

You wait 20 mins just to see 8 guys run für 14 secs. Hooray, that sounds like real entertainment.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna watch the mass opression in Tibet, can't wait for the finals.
Also the massive internet cencorship is attracting me in the Games this year. Not to mention the thousands of people who were forcefully moved from their houses to make room for the stadiums.

And if you try protesting against it you will be put away.

I think I'm gonna watch the mass opression in Tibet, can't wait for the finals.
Also the massive internet cencorship is attracting me in the Games this year. Not to mention the thousands of people who were forcefully moved from their houses to make room for the stadiums.

And if you try protesting against it you will be put away.

Yeah it's pretty sad that athletes aren't boycotting this :\

Saying that athletes should boycott the games is crazy.
They trained four years for this event and now they should kick that all in the garbage?

Nah, it's not the job of athletes to do politics.
Naturally it's the job of politicians and also of the Olympic Committee to penatly what china did and still do.
But seeing that the Olympic Committee is just a scared pussy club, it was clear that they dont have the balls to react.

They made their first HUGE mistake by giving china the olympic games.
And they made many more mistakes by not doing anything as they saw that china still censor media, shit on human rights and cant solve the smog problem.
Ah well, olympia is just a big business. And all those big enterprises see this event as good opportunity to enter the huge chinese market with their products. So ofc this olympic games wont be boycotted by any side.

The olympic commitee saw a chance for china to grow more human rights, more freedom and western-thinking by
giving them teh games. Great idea! We alrdy saw how great that worked 1936 as the olympic games were in germany and 1980 in russia :thunb:

aye, like russia did in 1984.
But what did it change? Nothing. The only people that were hurt were athletes they trained years and then got robbed.

I hope you are being sarcastic Smant lol. He is hyped because he is really fucking good. What makes you think he will fail? He won 6 Golds and 2 Bronzes last time aged 18, He won 8 golds or so at the World Championships last year. he currently holds like 7 world records. Nothing more to do than to hype the guy.

Bullshit. When you practice your life long and your goal is to make to the olympics, and even taking a shot at a medal, everybody would go to the Olympics.
Even if i only practiced a year and i'd make it to Bejing, i would go.

imo.

Won't watch any of it because I don't give a shit about it.

BAWWW, CHINA IS SO EVIL, BAWWW!

Forget it. There's plenty of countries in the world that are far more corrupt than China, and as Shinon said, any serious ahtlete who dreams of winning gold in the olympics would be a fool to boycott the event just to make a political statement that would change nothing anyway.

Also, let's not pretend that the current Dalai Lama is an Angel either.

This isn't P&S forum :\

Torp: He's good, but it's physically draining to have to race over 9 times, let alone win them all. Although he's a talented athlete it's unlikely that he could win them all without something going wrong. There's no reason to overhype it like the american media overhypes everything else

Yeah Smant of course its difficult and draining lol. However, swimmers tend to swim the same if not more in a local competition when they compete in all 17 events in just 2 days. Unless you know the ins and outs of the sport its hard to realise and judge what's hard and what isn't. For you, for even me at the moment it would be extremely hard to accomplish. The guy has talent though and he trains 15 times per week clocking up near 80,000 metres, doing a few races isn't really THAT hard.

He did it at Athens in 2004, 6 Golds 2 Bronzes.

World Champs 2007 he got 7 gold medals.

Ian Thorpe won 6 in 2000.

It;'s not like its an uncommon thing. Katie Hoff is also receiving hype however she's just messed up her very first race :lol:

Yeah Smant of course its difficult and draining lol. However, swimmers tend to swim the same if not more in a local competition when they compete in all 17 events in just 2 days. Unless you know the ins and outs of the sport its hard to realise and judge what's hard and what isn't. For you, for even me at the moment it would be extremely hard to accomplish. The guy has talent though and he trains 15 times per week clocking up near 80,000 metres, doing a few races isn't really THAT hard.

He did it at Athens in 2004, 6 Golds 2 Bronzes.

World Champs 2007 he got 7 gold medals.

Ian Thorpe won 6 in 2000.

It;'s not like its an uncommon thing. Katie Hoff is also receiving hype however she's just messed up her very first race :lol:

And his medal count is one reason it will be interesting. In 2004 there was hype that he'd get 8 and he "disappointed" with 2 bronzes.

Either way he's without doubt the best swimmer out there. So instead of making it unfair for the others I propose we make 1 new discipline just for Phelps. We can call it "500m Shark Chase Open Water" - you make 4 cuts in his limbs and release a hungry shark 10 seconds after he starts.

I think it's genious.