Official UTA PUG - Love Assault then Read more

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

A random player suggested that pug should be moved to quakenet, 4 (?) ctf pugs and some dm pugs are almost constantly full there and theres like 300 ctf/dm players there bored, having nothing to do. They might just want to try something new, which could bring some new blood to league when the word about assault starts spreading. Kinda liked this idea, what do you think? Pugmatches themselves wouldn't be different since its only irc network that would change (well only difference would be that we would probably get new players).

A very nice idea IMO. alreayd chilling on some channels on quakenet sp why not. brint it on.

ye and no uk server this time ! and set to pro as is meant for 3v3 4v4 of course u freaks. i had often the situation night when we were only 8 ppl and wanted it to set to pro....

!r!e said:
ye and no uk server this time !

does that really warrant a ! ? If you buy and donate a server Ill help you set it up for pug then you can have one wherever you want :)

Ill have a word with Mc about getting in contact with the bot scripter and see if he can alter it so that ias and proas can be added as options for limited player amounts. IE you can turn on proas/ias if player amount is upto 8.

As for running on Qnet it was discussed when we first set the pug up but decided that pretty much all the ppl thatll play pug will be on UTA IRC and not want to join a 2nd network. If a second pug is setup on Qnet then you will get a big split, the ppl playing on qnet will mainly be new players and not really see how AS is played by us, whether that be a good or bad thing I dont know. You will get a few players overlapping but would it be a good advert for the game, its not a problem to do tho.

think this is a good idea , as i think 'oldskoolers' would like our gametype if they got into it, also think bn is right that it should be a seperate server and keeping main pug as it is , but problem is where do we get a server :p

!r!e said:
ye and no uk server this time ! and set to pro as is meant for 3v3 4v4 of course u freaks. i had often the situation night when we were only 8 ppl and wanted it to set to pro....

YE lets have a German server instead, that will be fair as well! :p:

Dutch server perhaps would provide some kind of neutral (ish) ground, however you should be happy we have a server, dontated for free, at all!

neutral server as dutch? :PMost players are dutch so how would that be a neutral server :sofa:
A server set in afghanistan now that would be something :D

Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL said:
neutral server as dutch? :PMost players are dutch so how would that be a neutral server :sofa:
A server set in afghanistan now that would be something :D

I said neutral ish :P

Dutch servers r obv great for dutch and i agree there are a lot of dutch players but afaik they are usually not much worse for UK/German(except bart coz hes useless)/Swedish

Ive no problem with a UK server, for obvious reasons :D

Gazzy said:
afaik they are usually not much worse for UK/German(except bart coz hes useless)/Swedish
ffs

god knew what he was doing as he seperated the brits from rest europe on that island, just too bad they got smart and figured out how to build a tunnel to france :nono:

Last edited:
bartio said:
ffs

god knew what he was doing as he seperated the brits from rest europe on that island, just too bad they got smart and figured out how to build a tunnel to france :nono:

:lol:

bartio said:
ffs

so true :nono:

I don't think moving to QuakeNet is an idea that helps this PUG to a higher level. Quakenet is pretty much dead compared to some years ago. PUGs arent constantly full there, actually, i think there are less PUGs there than played here. The so called 'oldskoolers' dont give a fuck about UT anymore and are playing something else or already gone for a long time.

:lol: @ sausage. 300 dm/ctf players doing nothing / bored / wtf? Have u ever been into that DM / CTF scene? People are just idling there and talking to eachother because they have played together for a long time. Most of them hardly ever play UT. I think most of them dont even have UT anymore ffs. And do u think they have never heard from UTAS? I have talked to alot of the people hanging out there, and most of them know about assault and utassault.net, they just cant be arsed to play / dont like assault, esspecialy not because its too old and they are done playing UT.

Sure its fun to hang around on Quakenet and play some pugs there. Quakenet network is pretty unstable and shit tho. Give it a try and u'll see that its just a waste of time, imo.

Oh, and your idea is to switch IRC servers completely sausage? Im really against it. UTAS IRC is stable and fast. Quakenet is a fucked up network with alot of netsplits and other services that make it fucking slow. IF u want to introduce Assault PUGs on quakenet, you shouldnt remove it from utas but do it together. Anyway it wont work lol

Last edited:
Pete said:
I don't think moving to QuakeNet is an idea that helps this PUG to a higher level. Quakenet is pretty much dead compared to some years ago. PUGs arent constantly full there, actually, i think there are less PUGs there than played here. The so called 'oldskoolers' dont give a fuck about UT anymore and are playing something else or already gone for a long time.

:lol: @ sausage. 300 dm/ctf players doing nothing / bored / wtf? Have u ever been into that DM / CTF scene? People are just idling there and talking to eachother because they have played together for a long time. Most of them hardly ever play UT. I think most of them dont even have UT anymore ffs. And do u think they have never heard from UTAS? I have talked to alot of the people hanging out there, and most of them know about assault and utassault.net, they just cant be arsed to play / dont like assault, esspecialy not because its too old and they are done playing UT.

Sure its fun to hang around on Quakenet and play some pugs there. Quakenet network is pretty unstable and shit tho. Give it a try and u'll see that its just a waste of time, imo.

Oh, and your idea is to switch IRC servers completely sausage? Im really against it. UTAS IRC is stable and fast. Quakenet is a fucked up network with alot of netsplits and other services that make it fucking slow. IF u want to introduce Assault PUGs on quakenet, you shouldnt remove it from utas but do it together. Anyway it wont work lol

basically it should be seperate and not moved , i agree.

rest of ur post = cba to read gg :p

If you actually took time to read the post it wasn't exactly my idea to switch/seperate the irc server. Numbers of the players aren't mine either and no, I haven't been much to ctf/dm scene, I haven't been to "so called oldskoolers'" irc channel(s). Only thing I can agree with you is the unstability of quakenet but Qnet has pugbots too so that really shouldn't be a problem. About players knowing uta, well the new guy od asked me how did I start playing assault, for him it looks like a hidden irc network so most probably not all of them know UTA.

I must say i really enjoyed those 2 pugs i played yestarday :) Was great fun and tense fights GJ all who played!
This kind of games makes me still wanna play UT!

(there was no siege3)