No allegations were made

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YosemiteSam

Jan 27, 2002
Well..

What a shitstorm this brought about.

I wanted to post in the other topic started by Wintermute but Martz cleverly closed it already. Great idea, really, hats off Martz.

The whole point of the thread was to open a discussion. All some people saw and started a riot about was an attack on their clan and players.

Maybe you should get a lill less uptight.

The mentioning of the mapmaker playing on a clan and having 1st hand knowledge of that map was perfectly legit and could have been a good start for an OPEN and FRIENDLY discussion about the question if that clan would have an advantage or not.

2 bad that it has been turned into a flamewar/a personal attack (that was done by Wint himself btw) it could have been more productive.

What a waste...

I do hope that the people who felt attacked from the moment they read this check with themselves if their reaction wasnt a bit overdone and out of place.

Personally I dont have a beef with any clanners or whatever.

Cheers

Oh and btw, I requested Snee to open this thread coz of the fact that it might actually be read without some people starting a flame.

if u wanted an open discussion u should've posted it on a general forum .. not on a clan forum .. coz then u make it towards the clan and it's automaticly allegating/accusing em..

anyhow lets all just calm down :) it's prolly not meant like it like u said just misunderstanding :)

oki understand.. well i think the answer has been posted on that other thread that winter made about this whole mapmaker advantage thingy...

oh ye and @ martz if he reads this: oi see i can be nice too

well here is my opinion
let him pls play his own maps
we must thank him on our knees for making such brilliant maps
not punish em for sticking time and effort in making these maps

That means that in the other thread there were lots of "why isnt this flaming going on in a clan forum" So, lets move it to a clan forum.

Well, thats only for you guys to decide. Coz the simple fact is that there was no flame, accusation or whatever in the thread opened.

That part was initiated by yourselves.

I can only hope that this one wont end up in a flame from your end (and by your I mean FDC) coz again, this nor the other one were started as a flame or accusation thread.

Cheers

what the fuck is all this about ??

map makers clans have an advantage???

GET A GRIP ffs

P.S. Martz is trying to keep these forums clear of pointless crap and flames, there is a reason for it which comes out of his pocket so you should be takeing yer Hat off to Martin and saying Thanx at the same time!!.

both just say sorry :cuddle:

dont defend urselfs just say sorry :)

as i said opening a thread like the one snee made(with other intentions i believe that) it would cause a flamewar ofcourse. so now u got fdc on the bad side u sure can expect every thread related to that thread/bib can/could cause a flame thread..

:)

Okay, as a after thought:

Lydia seems to not be responsible, however, it's clear that you have been discussing this as a clan. Given the shitstorm we endured the *last* time we beat BiB, your timing on this little nugget seems just a *little* on the sore loser side, don't you think?

However, rather than dodging the "point", I think the opinion on this one is clear.

GRZ, Steelhorn etc are FUCKING GODS for gicing us maps which are amazing fun to play, bring life to the league and increase the enjoyment of eveyrone playing UTAS.

The suggestion that a Clan gets some benefit because of these guys being in the clan is deeply offensive. You are suggesting that the mapmaker has left hidden backdoors, which he will divulge to the chosen few, because how else could the clan get an advantage?

As an example, I *asked* GRZ if he designed surfaces in maps etc with a view to launching, or if the launches were mostly found ater the map was finished. Wanna guess the answer? The maps are not designed for launching, etc.. these are found afterwards by others.

So it's not even as if the knowledge of where you can launch is unique.

Basically, this was a complete non-starter as a serious discussion, as even a moments thought would have shown. I fail to see why this was even posted, least of all in such an underhanded way, and in *our* forum, rather than the league one.

unless, of course, the reason all along was to just have (another) little dig because you were beaten in a war.

Well, before the subject became "who made the post and why?", I think you got some comments about your (lets be respectful and call it just...) 'BULLSHIT' idea.
I think that nobody actually supported it.
Why would you want to open the debate again?

Originally posted by Bluey

P.S. Martz is trying to keep these forums clear of pointless crap and flames, there is a reason for it which comes out of his pocket so you should be takeing yer Hat off to Martin and saying Thanx at the same time!!.
We all love Martz :cuddle: And he is appreciated. :)

Originally posted by Psychotic
Well, before the subject became "who made the post and why?", I think you got some comments about your (lets be respectful and call it just...) 'BULLSHIT' idea.
I think that nobody actually supported it.
Why would you want to open the debate again?

:thumb: to that Psychotic. Please can you close this one too Martz?

Last edited:
It gives them an advantage NO clan will or can have.

....a good start for an OPEN and FRIENDLY discussion....

i've seen better attempts to open an open and friendly discussion....

besides that, why ask snee? you have had no problems with us at all, letting him post wouldn't have made a difference at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.