Nicknames....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I was reading the Iliad when I joined SAW, so I chose Hector, Prince of Troy. He gets killed by Achilles, so I figure as long as I don't meet anyone called Achilles I'm alright. Or anyone with pi8 in their name after last night :)

I use the name's Optical, Bluey (amongst others ;))

i use Optical coz its original ive never seen another and so im told noone else has and i just wanted an original name that looked cool in my sig pic ;)

But my Nickname and the name my mates from home call me is Bluey (i have also never seen anyone else with this name on a server lol), ive been called it since i was 17 lol 10 years, me and my mates were getting tottaly fubar'ed on drink and drugs and all my mate could say was "rich, bluey" over and over again then he passed out ffs this entertained us so much we woke him up and again all he started to say was "rich,bluey" lol this whent on for some time him passing out then bieng woken up and us pissing ourselves :). Anyway my real names Rich and i found out the next day that he was tripping his nutts off and he was trying to get me to take him home in my car by offering me 5 pounds peterol money (which is a blue note in the UK ) Hence "rich,bluey)
and it stuck from then on in. Bluey
lol

Ok, I'm late to this game, but here's what my nick means:

With TCP/IP there are SYN packets that initiate a connection, ACK packets which acknowledge a connection, and FIN packets which finish a connection.

When a system send many SYN packets with a forged IP number as the source, the system in question sends back ACK packets to nowhere, thus hogging resources since it never gets a FIN packet. Thus it's a SYN-ACK attack!

hehe, just your daily computer lesson :P