NG-UK Assault Servers Update

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

L

LuNa Moonraker

Hi guys

As you may know I am an admin now with netgames-uk (ng-uk). They have 2 Assault ports (and 6 TO ports) amongst the 200+ games ports provided.

Previously although the servers always show some of the lowest pings in the UT menu , when the server got loaded )ie more than 5-6 players ) they lagged to hell and p/l etc.

Both Locksmith -8- (the other AS admin) have been trying to srt out why as they are hosted with lots of other UT game types yet it seems an Assault only problem (TO has some maps start lag but that may be sorted now). They are on dual Pentium III-933Mhz computers with plenty of bandwidth and over 400MB RAM so thats not an issue.

We tested out AS on another server currently running Domination (real busy as you can imagine :) ) and it seemd to help a lot. We have now got the Assault moved onto a new server and need you guys to try them out and give us some feedback as to how it is now.

Sp please drop in there and work them over and report back tnx. New ip's are:

212.137.72.49:7857 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Assault #1 (standard)

212.137.72.49:7867 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Assault #2 (standard)

They show as ng-uk Assault #1 and #2 on menu (at end in server selection as they are lower case BTW).

Once we sort out server performance we want to configure at least 1 server the same as the league for practice. If you got any other suggestions just let me know and I will look at the options.

Cheers

*LuNa*Moonraker
NG-UK UT Assault Admin

[email protected]
www.nguk.net

and UT forum

forums.netgames-uk.net/fo...forumid=10

Re: NG-UK Assault Servers Update

thats cool, nice to see some friendly faces as admins :)

great Moon.

BTW, i have signed up for ur bookable servers but i can only choose all gametypes EXCEPT Unreal Tournament wehn i want to book :(

whats up with that?

I think netgames are redoing their UT booking system.

Hey moon i was in one of them 2 times today and it sucked bad with 15 % PL all the time. Considering im on a good lanconnection that is really bad... :/

great Swyzz

ummm that sounds a bit Cheesy :p

moon
fragdifferent.gif

Got between 12 and 34 ping on the 1st one :)

Nice :p dunno what they are like fully loaded though

great Swyzz

ummm that sounds a bit Cheesy
Guess I asked for that mooning..
icon23.gif

When I'm tired I just get the oddest associations :lol:

How the hell do you quote someone???

I wann do it to...

how did u do that cool little purple face swyzz ?

I "stole" it from another site and placed it in the post as an image.

i just signed up for netgames ISP today....and i have to say its the best ISP ive ever been on

5k/sec downloads + <200 ping to pretty much all servers

i tried out both the assault servers...although they were empty all day :/

i got about 150 ping...which is fookin blinding :) it dropped to around 120 for a few minutes too :) :)

just need more people to use them...cos they appear to be really great servers