New UT Video - being played by mTw and shuuk

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nephilim

Jun 8, 2001
sorry if its been posted b4:

there's a vid out (in 2 parts), in the 2nd part you can see mtw and shuuk playing it from what I heard, dunno whats in the 1st part. I'm downloading it myself atm.

http://www.pureownage.de/rkiller/index.php4?p=dl

a list of available mirrors, I'm getting full 90 kb/s from xqube mirror.

enjoy

edit: part1 ~ 200 MB, part2 ~ 300 MB.

Last edited:
I've finished part1 now and I must say it kicks ass! fuckun funny introduction to the infogrames preview event (its being pld at germany preview event) lolol
and you can see really good scenes from it.
I'll post more info later

ok finished watching part1 now really. at start they show the RL, ASMD (+ combos, yes) and the minigun. then they walk around a bit demonstrating landscape (for a min or something), then go into UED, show some stuff there and then interview with one of the infogrames guys.
all in all v good part1 , its 25 mins

ok finished part2 downloading and watching.
part 2 is 35 mins, its ONLY game. no talking, no interviews, no UED, you see em playing all the time.
they're playing 2 indoor and 2 outdoor levels there, really nice to look at. although the players seem to be just fuckin around in the 1st one ;)

icon14.gif

Part 1 is plain crap, not worth of d/l imo. Nothing new in it, very little game footage and all the questions are answered : not sure, no idea , still in devepment. Going for part 2 now :D

doesn't play for me
I just get the sound + flashing black/white image : Video does not start ?
Visit respawnkiller.de for help.

Can't fidn any help there though :/
I'm guess sinc ei only have the 5.0 divx codec I need the 5.1 ?

Amazing ! Part 2 owns :eek: Every weapon used, combos, headshots, tranlocator etc. Bombing run looks nice, translocator flyes really far, flak isnt gay anymore, great stuff :D

did he say assault can be done !
but they couldn't be arsed because of the Ai (bots) ?

translocator has a trail too :D much better than those bloody things they got now

Interesting bit about the assault mode. Unlike mark rein's interviews, where he tends to pretty much say "assault's dead and we ain't bringing it back" the guy in part 1 of the video here isn't saying quite the same thing.

His take is more "Well, we could do it, but if we did, we wouldn't be able to meet our end of june shipping date." Which tends to suggest UT2003 is being rushed out for a certain time - i.e. beginning of the summer holidays :D Sounds silly really - I get the impression UT2003 is a rush job at the last minute, because peeps would be up in arms if the next generation UT was an x-box only title (unreal championship). They are rushing to get it out, and hence can't do justice to the bot ai they'd need for a good assault mode - whereas, lets face it, DM and CTF must be piss easy to code in comparison...

So, maybe assault will be back in an update/patch/sequel. Or maybe that is why U2 is so delayed - because that whole game is basically assault. (Shame there will be no multiplayer mode though... :( )

Last edited:
Unreal Warfare is supposed to be a improved UT:Assault.
U2 is resuming where Unreal1 stopped, nothing else.

Originally posted by -Alien-
Unreal Warfare is supposed to be a improved UT:Assault.
U2 is resuming where Unreal1 stopped, nothing else.

Damit man, you can't say things like that, get my appetite whetted, and not post any links to it :D Come on, lets see some linkage! :D