New Server

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WaYnOs

[Nil]
Mar 25, 2004
Liverpool, England
I have just started to rent a UT99 server based in the UK. I was hoping that some of you guys would give some ideas as what you would like to see on the server ie Maps (std or custom or mapvote), do you want country flags, etc, etc....
Really, any ideas of how you would like to see the server set up will be considered. Hopefully, when it is up and running, it will be a decent server. Please give feedback on what you would want on the server so I can start putting some of your idea's into practice... Cheers guys :)

You can all download here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/ if you whant help it's ok for me ;)

AssaultBonusPack
LeagueAS140_ServerFiles
LeagueAS140-Addon1g
ZeroPingPlus103
QFeedback_v22
NoGuardia
AntiTweakV52
ipToCountry-1.6
ACEv08h
MonsterAnnouncerLA
MapvoteLA13
NetServerMaxTickRate=40

Code:
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="LeagueAS140.LeagueAssault",NewPrefix="AS",Mutators="LeagueAS140.NoGuardiaTeamCannon,ZeroPingPlus103.ZeroPing,QFeedback_v22.QFeedback",Settings="bPlayersBalanceTeams=False,bBalanceTeams=True,MinPlayers=2")

heineken2 for fun ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for input guys. If anyone wants to go on the server, it is up and running but set to DM at mo. Hopefully MyM is gonna take a look at it and hopefully sort it out so it will be a playable Assault server. If you want to go on and see what ping you get, the ip address is

89.238.160.144:7777

Ok, so I know you will be on an empty server when you join, but would be interesting to see what sort of connection you get and if ping is any better than other current servers.

Think it will be better to set up as a custom map server with mapvote on it to start, then if any other good idea's come along, I will be happy to consider them and make the necessary changes to the server if people are willing to play there!

8 hops from stockholm, round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 45.720/49.937/60.836/4.480 ms
would be interesting to try it!

btw: if u gonna keep it open i suggest you put ACE on it, it sux, but the alternative is worse imo...

edit: I would strongly suggest to avoid insta-maps at all costs! :)

Last edited:
Nice. If I had server I would put there mapvote with AS std (frigate, rook, mazon), AS customs league maps + few non-league maps (the "green" one with spaceship in the end is not bad) , DM (deck16, agony and liandri would be enough :))

btw: if u gonna keep it open i suggest you put ACE on it, it sux, but the alternative is worse imo...

ACE do not stop Tweak you ned AntiTweakV52 and ACE

For that you must false CSHP
[LeagueAS140.LeagueAssault]
bEnableCSHP=False

and set upakage on ACE

BAllowUnknownPackages=True
UPackages[0]=LeagueAS-SP
UPackages[1]=AS-Golgotha][AL
UPackages[2]=LeagueAS140
UPackages[3]=AntiTweakV52
UPackages[4]=LeagueAS-CP
UPackages[5]=LeagueAS140-Addon1g
UPackages[6]=AssaultBonusPack
UPackages[7]=LeagueAS-Reporter
UPackages[8]=
UPackages[9]=
UPackages[10]=

LAS stops numerous tweaks, especially those directly related to Assault, no carcass etc, havent compared it with Antitweakv52 to see what additional prevention it offers but you may not need it for AS.

You dont need to turn off LAS CHSP to use it with ACE, they will happily run together

Finally do you need to setup the packages in ACE, it should work fine with autoconfig and adding just the LAS file

Antitweakv52 is recommended by AnthraXs who do ACE.
v52 is a new version of AntiTweak, which fixes more player lighting radar-type tweaks.

ACE autoconfig work only for windows server not linux

For CSHP I must be wrong ... it can be with utpure or an other.

Yes you cant run LAS CSHP and pure, ACE is fine.

Good point about the autoconfig, didn't consider that, Im used to running on windows

My point about the antitweak was that there are antitweaks builtin to LAS (typical, cant find the list of whats blocked atm) so is it needed for LAS? obviously for other gametypes is more beneficial.

Server is now up and running in a basic config (LAS, league maps,ACE, mapvote), any additional requests just put them here and Waynos can decide if I install them or not :)

Nice one Mym, thanks for your time and effort, I know you have had a ball ache with this!!! Just a quick question. I don't seem to be able to join the server as a spectator. Is this normal? I know I have a 14 slot server, so what about spectators? Gonna go take a look at the server now and see how it looks! Cheers mate :)

Sorted now, just had to enable specs to join in webadmin, thx again MyM

Would be good if some off you would jump on the server and give it a bit of a testing for me!!! ;)

MyM, would it be worth putting a few DM maps on? Some of the guys in irc play DM? I don't myself cos it just makes me sick (all that jumping, flipping and spinning around shizzel!!) I dont mind what goes on mapwise, I guess you would have better knowledge than me regarding what maps get played by the others. Guessing Deck is a must tho! ;)

Minimun

ZeroPingPlus103
maitre.gif

AntiTweakV52
maitre.gif

NetServerMaxTickRate=40
maitre.gif

Nice. If I had server I would put there mapvote with AS std (frigate, rook, mazon), AS customs league maps + few non-league maps (the "green" one with spaceship in the end is not bad) , DM (deck16, agony and liandri would be enough :))

same and malevolence (my favourite:P) and some small maps like rose, would be pretty much everything i want:)

So taking everythng into concideration, WTF is no one going on server??? No feed back, only suggestions by a few (and ty for taking the time to reply!) Cant understand how people moan about Dog servers being laggy and bad ping etc, but still everyone goes there!!!! Perhaps I should just put customs on and see what happens!!! lolz :rofl: Seriously, if a few of you could at least TRY the server out and let me know how you get on, it would be worth me carrying on paying for the server. I dunno weather it is worth asking MyM if it could be used as a pug server incase your usual ones go down? Just thought it would be worth putting a server up which can be used by community and as an alternative to Dog STD and Customs servers. I am happy to go on Dog servers, but dont think it right for me to go and spam console with join my server etc! Its there if anyone wants to use it! :rolleyes: