New Mindspring opengl renderer

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa`

Don't Fear The Reaper!
Apr 2, 2002
UK
Ive emailed the maker of this UT opengl renderer a few times about a few things id like. And with his latest release he's included something I will find extremely useful and maybe for others too.

It's a type of frame rate limiter but different to vsync ( ive had so many problems with vsync as have alot of other people ) just need to check google to see that.

It lowers your cpu tempreture aswell while playing UT and keep's a constant fps which ever you want to set meaning for me i can finally up my Netspeed and not worry about fps online.

Settings im using at moment without any problems are here -

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
MaskedTextureHack=False
FrameRateLimit=85
SwapInterval=-1
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
AAFilterHint=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE=2
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
RefreshRate=85
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
UseTNT=False
Use4444Textures=False
UseS3TC=False
UseAlphaPalette=True
AutoGenerateMipmaps=True
UseTrilinear=True
UsePrecache=True
AlwaysMipmap=True
ShareLists=True
UsePalette=False
UseMultiTexture=True
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=False
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
LODBias=-0.300000
DetailTextures=False
DescFlags=0
Description=
HighDetailActors=True
Coronas=False
ShinySurfaces=True
VolumetricLighting=False

I have a 85 hz monitor so make sure if u copy mine exactly your monitor can handle that refresh rate in your chosen resolution.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Sauron said:
apart from the refresh rate and temperature, whats different to the other OGLrenderer that has been going around?

It is that opengl renderer going around or at least the best one for a long time this is just another update to it.

Google > mindspring opengl for a list of all updates in the past 6 month's...

oh well I put that dll into my sys folder and used ur settings there Paa`, I started UT and it is been bright white texture at start...and I could hear the voice clearly 'in 20...blah blah' well you know why?Cuz I really wanna try UT with openGL, maybe just some wring settings?

mb

Hmmm am I the only one whose PC crashes whenever I use some key to return to desktop while using the new ogl renderer (like that windows key that brings up the start menu or some other keys on my logitech keyboard)

It's not a big deal if I just remember not to press any of those keys but still annoying.
Happened to me twice already... had to reboot.

*cough* Direct3D *cough*

Well i tried the older version of this OpenGL-renderer. The good news was that i've got 2 fps more on Bridge. The bad one i've got heavy slowdowns while playing. So which Nvidia-dude needs that renderer?

i do

opengl is alot better than D3D imho as long as you perservere to get the correct setup

I used D3D for nearly 4 years until recently and wouldnt go back now..thx to Paa' and his topics on the subject :)

hmmm seems to play slower (altho smoother) with the new renderer... sorta screwed my aim up =p

Bart said:
*cough* Direct3D *cough*

Well i tried the older version of this OpenGL-renderer. The good news was that i've got 2 fps more on Bridge. The bad one i've got heavy slowdowns while playing. So which Nvidia-dude needs that renderer?
I´m a Nvidia-dude, and i need/use that renderer, its for me the best picture quality/speed i can get on my pc.. D3D just suxx balls here ;)

And it run smoother?
Mayby it depends on the used Detonator drivers. What Detonator version do you guys use?

Hogo said:
hmmm seems to play slower (altho smoother) with the new renderer... sorta screwed my aim up =p
Thats what happened to me too :O /me switches back o_O