new map for pugs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

yes or no to guardia fun?

• YES! would love it

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No it's stupid and a waste of time

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
I just don't understand why people bother with these maps. There is only 1 or 2 people who want it yet it still gets voted in for people like html to pick, and ruin the pug completely. Everytime it's been picked, players have gone afk.

'these maps' ? why, exactly which maps are you referring to.

Quite a lot of times the same people will vote for maps people apparently dont like and yet the others still will not captain to counteract this (yes I know sometimes ppl captain too quickly).
At fault here is both people perennially not captaining and then complaining about maps and those picking maps repeatedly knowing others dont want to play them.

I don't mind maps like Waterfort, Dustbowl, Saq, Scarab.

It's maps like hellraiser, lost temple, and guardia "fun" that majority of the players will just mess about or not play because only one captain likes the map. Fine it's the captains choice, but everyones played enough pugs to realise it's at those moments where the pug is usually over, or you have heaps of people asking for subs, sitting, afkers etc.

Anyway this has been talked about many times already I guess.

Oh well!

fu mym!