New Cup Idea

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torpedo said:
I suggested a cup, not a league.

Real life has always come before UT, the majority of all players have that mentality. This wont just apply to RA.

I mentioned RA once in utapug channel at nighttime and it attracted 12 people. It isnt just going to be those 12 people that show. The fact that it attracted those 12 at that time of night proves it would be more popular than people think.

iCTF died due to lack of interest, not inactivity. That lack of interest came through various things. Read the closure thread.

Anything anyone suggests people will knock it due to the strength of who sign up. Yeah its likely to be out 2 or 3 to win. This also applies for the EAC which many signed for who blatently didnt stand a chance, so I see no point in this case.

Who are these "buddies" you mention? twnz? riv? bn? proto? Only one of them played last week and I know the other 3 would also be interested if a cup was made. If you dont like the idea mate then thats fine but you're speaking like you're the voice of the league....

I'm calling it as I see it, as are you, I'm not claiming to speak for everyone, its a public forum, im not stopping them ;p

Difference is, the EAC was a novelty combination of teams, people played together and represented sth, and atleast with launches etc you had a chance of winnning some maps, RA 1v1, you turn up and get bonged 25-0 not alot of fun in that on any level.

If you want a new cup/league whatever you gotta accept every angle and criticism not everyones gonna agree, dont get all defensive about it. Doesnt effect me whether you have a new cup, go for it, but whos gonna put the work in to it? If its not you then its not fair on whoever is if nothing comes of it.