netcode :(

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Brave

Jul 25, 2001
Vienna
is it only so sucky for me?

ping f1 50
stat net over 180?

all server lagging for me also which i ping with 5ms in dos lol

gonna hope they will release a patch for it .(

Attachments

• shot00000.jpg
    shot00000.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 28
DrSin's reply

Hmm.. let's see...

122 responses, 4276 views.. I guess most people read this thread and thought the exact same thing I did.. you are smoking crack.

And.. seeing UT sold 2.3 million copies I'll assume we got it right.

Well we can see why he doesn't have the PR job at Epic. :rofl:

The Stat Net Ping (which they should rename to stop people trying to compare it to the scoreboard ping) is dependant on a number of factors. Just to cover all the bases:

Tickrate on the server, default is 20, that means every 50ms an update is processed - that means +50ms to you ping.

Framerate, 100fps means it can process data every 10ms. 30fps means 33ms.

Packet Size, normal pings are small, game data is larger.

Server Load, UT2003 is more demanding than UT and some admins have not accomadated for that in their setups, some think they can run 16 players on ADSL.

Also the dedicated Server package was only released the other day.

http://www.clanvikings.org/tnse/utstuff.html <- Read

UT2003 netcode actually sends less data than UT, I don't hear anyone blaming UT netcode when there is a laggy league game :( The fact is if it was a major netcode issue then we'd all be experiencing it all the time, routing, processing power, poorly configured servers, bandwidth, location, and your own client performance is where the problem lies. A lot of people are just jumping on the "Its the crap netcode" bandwagon though.

btw if anyone sees me online with a bad ping atm it's Tiscali's fault. :P Otherthan that my UT2003 games on numerous servers have been pretty much lag free.

Oh ffs go fuck off to another league then.

You're just too dumb to comprehend the other factors involved with networks.

Originally posted by Crazy Squirrel
Oh ffs go fuck off to another league then.

You're just too dumb to comprehend the other factors involved with networks.

Yes, im too dumb to comprehend that your gay ass shit servers give me about 400 ping and a bunch load of packet loss and other server dont.

Well fuck me, you must be right huh?

Go get some better servers or close the leage ffs.

Originally posted by Bahamut
Yes, im too dumb to comprehend that your gay ass shit servers give me about 400 ping and a bunch load of packet loss and other server dont.
The servers arn't giving you this the routing is, and if all 4 isps hosting uta servers are bad for you then you have a worse isp than mine (Tiscali). I get sub 60pings usually and so do a lot of other people, if the servers were 'shit' no one would be able to get these pings with 0pl when they are loaded.
Originally posted by Bahamut
Go get some better servers or close the leage ffs.
I keep refreshing my inbox for Dark's retirement, guess it'll be here soon or shall i just assume

i have nps really with the league servers pings are ok

better than most clansbase servers u gotta play on

sometimes league servers 1 and 2 fuck up.. but only once for me so far

and they being reisntalled i think the server 1 ?

maybe fix some problems

The servers arn't giving you this the routing is

Ok, lets go back to the >OD< match. Im sure you havent forgotten that one.

Part way into the match >OD< lost 4 players, we lost 3. The players that got disconnected couldnt reconnect to the server for around 30-45min.

Every match i play both clans always complain about lag, and its true. The servers lag like fuck.

Your running towards an objective, about to hit it and then suddenly you get 90% packet loss and your lagged half way over the map.

Now match after match after match i see people complaining about this.

Its not my routing, its people not kowning how to set up a server.

Also, servers 4/5/6 are using server only installs, which means there unplayable for anyone using the CD2 high res compressed textures.

As i say, league servers = shit.

OMG please do pull your head out of your fuckin arse.

Its not my routing, its people not kowning how to set up a server.

Server #1 & #2 were setup by me, here at my home, tested and running on my LAN. I monitor them fairly regularly for any problems, and aside from one ongoing (apparently hardware) problem which takes the server offline every month or 2 there has never been anything wrong with them. CPU usage virtually never reaches 100% and memory usage is barely 1/4 of the 1Gb that box has installed. The server configuaration has never been altered since its installation yet reports of their performance has been constantly fluctuating, from times when they have been very good for most, to times they have been bad for most.

But whilst others have reported issues at times, I myself have never ever once had a problem with the servers. Why? Mainly because I use an ISP which peers directly into games-world, meaning I do not cross any other ISP's and do not suffer any changes in routing, I always get to the server in 4-5 hops, direct accross my ISP's network to games-worlds. I have actually been on that server when 2 clans have been playing who are largely suffering problems to check it and not had a single problem myself, rock sold 70-90 F6 pings. Now I may well be a rare case, and that is probably because of my fortunate routing but it proves that routing and network infrastructure is the issue.

As for the other servers, well Server #3 was installed and configured by Sullen Scrota, Systems Administrator for Orange (the massive mobile phone co.). Server #4 was installed and configured by Shaitan, Systems Administrator for a large norwiegan firm, and #5 & #6 were setup and configured by GamesServers.nl, a dedicated gaming ISP.

So your saying that your knowledge based on having crap games on league servers is greater than the collective knowledge of all these people, and therefore you can state that all these people are incapable of configuring a server? Don't talk complete bullshit.

I am not questioning that the servers suck for you, or that they suck for the whole of your clan or even 99% of the league, but it is NOT due do poor configuaration or any fault of any 1 of these people who kindly donated their time and resources free of charge to provide you with a server to play on.

Now STFU or I will save you the hassle of ever having to play on a league server again.