My new case mod!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Storm

Incredible n00b
Jul 18, 2001
The Netherlands
before1.jpg

This is my victim. Its a YCC 801 case, imported by GlobalWin. It is a pretty decent case for cooling, with fan mounts down front and behind the CPU. Just aint quite cool enough for me.

mattock1.jpg

This looked like a good, precision instrument for case mods (considering I couldn't find an axe anyways). This is what we call a mattock. It is a big chunk of pointy metal on top of a hunk of wood. Sorry for the technical detail, but I want you to understand all parts of this procedure. This tool has a freshly sharpened edge just for this operation.

mattock4.jpg

You can see that the mattock goes through the case side like buttah. Smooth and easy... just be careful withdrawing it as you'd hate to mess up your carefully placed louvered vent hole.

mattock6.jpg

Repeat the procedure as often as necessary to create a well ventilated case.

saw1.jpg

Gotta love that Craftsman guarantee, eh? Makes you real brave trying stuff when you have a real good chance of breaking something.

gun1.jpg

I was a bit disappointed by the chainsaw, so I decided to try something with a bit more oomph, so to speak... and it was time to give this case a bit of down-home, Southern style modification.
Yep... that is indeed a police issue Remington 12 guage pump shotgun, with pistol grip and open choke. Its loaded with number 4 birdshot... I was out of slugs unfortunately.

gun4.jpg

I posed the case with its untouched side facing me for the delicate modification I was about to undertake...

gun6.jpg

Seems like the birdshot was not as effective as I had hoped, soooo.....

gun7.jpg

I shot it again. My motto is if you don't do it right the first time, reload.

done3.jpg

I couldn't leave this blowhole without a fan installed. Looks like a factory job... :)

http://www.2cooltek.com/case001.html