My avatar is getting raped

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Mar 13, 2002
Netherlands
For some odd reason my animated gif images get raped the moment its used on the UTA boards, either as avatar or as image in a post.

How it should be:

http://www.clan-uas.com/misc/otaku.gif

How it is:

otaku.gif

Same image, same urls, one gets raped. Anyone know why?

Fusion said:
For some odd reason my animated gif images get raped the moment its used on the UTA boards, either as avatar or as image in a post.

How it should be:

http://www.clan-uas.com/misc/otaku.gif

How it is:

otaku.gif

Same image, same urls, one gets raped. Anyone know why?
tbh i really cant see the difference between the one on the board and the link u posted o_O :snowgrin:

Check the area above the eyes during frames ehm....3 and 6. And the hands at frame 5. It gets a weird....shadow, like some textures are missing.

Lol, it aint a problem for people who don know the picture. I still dont see it btw :o o_O

I can see a couple of lines above the eyes on your avatar compared to the link you posted of the original... it is saved to the forums disk as image.php?u=964&dateline=1075718121 rather than otaku.gif

So i'd guess this is the way your browser (IE right?) is rendering the pictures, rather than the file format saved.

IE has lots of problems like this, one of them being that .png files which have transparent bits in them, are actually shown as grey in IE. Which is nice, as it forces you too use crappy gifs :shout:

And YES I SEE IT NOW but I very much doubt there is anything I can about it, so you'll have to live with it. It's hardly a major thing ffs. Maybe the RC3 release of vB will fix this, but I very much doubt it.

Fusion said:
I'm a perfectionist :) And btw, the avatar looks crap in Opera too, so I doubt its IE related.
Well I ain't :]
I linked image directly from your site, and then directly from your avatar URL - and they both look fine.

So it could be:
  • The XHTML transition type vB uses at another guess, but I don't know if that would cause it - or if it has effects in images.
  • The upload procedure which screws animated gifs

Im glad that aint mine, that'd drive me nuts, doubt I'd be able to sleep at night. :p: Try doing the animation again and mebby changing background (opaque/trans) settings or mebby changing the colours slightly.

The upload procedure which screws animated gifs

Explain to me then why it still looks crap if i copy the image link from the uas site.

otaku.gif

And why isnt the animation synchronised? Ffs does Vbullitin alters them or smth?

Doh, they dont load at the same time. :psycho:

Last edited:
Fusion said:
Edit: Nevermind, didnt know the server copies the file if you enter an url.
Yeah otherwise you end up waiting for (potentially) slow external webservers to serve the file and the thread takes ages to load.

Fusion said:
Explain to me then why it still looks crap if i copy the image link from the uas site.

otaku.gif
I don't know, I guessed at the XHTML transition type already, which is the only thing which makes this site any different from yours.

Here it is from our images dir:
otaku.gif

stop talking like bitches fs....sorted it 4 ya, was just a few of the pixels were set to transparent for some reason and since background was black it showed through. Now copy it fast cos I don't want that lame avatar for long :p:....j/k deffy a improvement on last one m8 :D

edit: in return u must post in this thread: "I luv fox3h, he iz da bomb!" :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.