more tweaks

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AtmaDragon

Jul 10, 2003
Kennewick, WA
OK, I've seen a lot of tweaks scattered here and there. I've checked every page for them and I've liked what I've seen so far. BUT I can't find all the ones I want. I think it was HeadCase who posted these awhile ago:

// Adds confirmation message to the console.
get ut_stealth m_activated
get ut_stealth m_selected
get ut_stealth m_deactivated

// End messages in console.
get ut_stealth m_deactivated

set xxx drawcolor (r=x,g=x,b=x)

xxx list

KillerMessagePlus
PickupMessagePlus
DeathmessagePlus
DeathmatchMessage
Ctfmessage
controlpointmessage
itemmessageplus
timemessage
eradicateddeathmessage

These I use already:

Set WarheadAmmo PickUpMessage You got a Redeemer Missile (1).
Set BulletBox PickUpMessage You got a Sniper Rifle Round Box (10).
Set RifleShell PickUpMessage You got a Sniper Rifle Round (1).
Set RocketPack PickUpMessage You got a Rocket Launcher Pack (12).
Set FlakAmmo PickUpMessage You got a Flak Shell (10).
Set MiniAmmo PickUpMessage You got an Enforcer/Minigun Clip (50).
Set EClip PickUpMessage You got an Enforcer/Minigun Clip (20).
Set BladeHopper PickUpMessage You got a Razor Blade Case (25).
Set PAmmo PickUpMessage You got a Pulse Cell (25).
Set SuperShockCore PickUpMessage You got an Enhanced Shock Core (10).
Set ShockCore PickUpMessage You got an ASMD Shock Core (10).
Set BioAmmo PickUpMessage You got a Bio Sludge Pack (25).

Set MedBox PickUpMessage You got a Health Pack +
Set HealthVial PickUpMessage You got a Health Vial +
Set HealthPack PickUpMessage You got a Big Keg o' Health +
Set Armor2 PickUpMessage You got a suit of Body Armor (100 Armor).
Set ThighPads PickUpMessage You got a pair of Thigh Pads (50 Armor).
Set UT_ShieldBelt PickUpMessage You got a Shield Belt (150 Armor).
Set UDamage PickUpMessage You got a Damage Amplifier (x2 Dam. for 30 sec.).
Set UT_Stealth PickUpMessage You got an Invisibility Shield (Invisible for 45 sec.).
Set UT_JumpBoots PickUpMessage You got a pair of Anti-Gravity Boots (3).
Set Unreali.SCUBAGear PickUpMessage You got a set of SCUBA Gear.

Set WarheadLauncher DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set SniperRifle DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set UT_Eightball DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set UT_FlakCannon DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set Minigun2 DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set Ripper DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set PulseGun DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set ShockRifle DeathMessage %k -> ASMD %w -> %o
Set SuperShockRifle DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set UT_BioRifle DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set Enforcer DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set Translocator DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set ImpactHammer DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o
Set Chainsaw DeathMessage %k -> %w -> %o

First, is there a website that has ALL the classes for ALL these types of messages? If so, what's the URL?

Second, if these isn't one, can you list as many as you can (esp. of the first set I listed) here AND explain them? Thanks.

I posted this in another forum, but no one seemed to be able to answer my questions

Timo posted awhile that you can get rid of your screen pausing during a screenshot. He said you do this:

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
Translucency=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=False
UseMipmapping=True
UseTrilinear=False
UseMultitexture=True
UsePageFlipping=True
UsePalettes=True
UseFullscreen=True
UseGammaCorrection=True
DetailTextures=False
Use3dfx=False
UseTripleBuffering=True
UsePrecache=False <-------- no more freeze

But what file is that supposed to go into? Also, why would they give you a choice if having it false is just better?

Also, I have keybinds for summoning all weapons, ammo, and items, and I have a few questions:

I changed the pick-up messages for everything, but set UT_Stealth PickUpMessage blah didn't work unless the invisibility was summoned. Do some summoned items have differrent classes than those that are in an actual level? If so, what are all the items with more than one class, what are the classes, what are the differences, and what are the points of the differnces?

Also, whenver I use my "summon all weapons" bind, and get all the weapons, I keep automatically receiving the weapons every so often without even summoning them again. What does that, what's the point, and how can I stop it?

Lastly, you know the console message "Player killed his own dumb self." What's this message's class? I have the class for just about every other message and I've even experimented trying to find this one, but to no avail.

These tweaks I already use. (This is so you don't have to post them again.)

set WarHeadLauncher ShakeTime 0
set SniperRifle ShakeTime 0
set UT_Eightball ShakeMag 0
set UT_Eightball ShakeTime 0
set UT_FlakCannon ShakeTime 0
set PulseGun ShakeMag 0
set PulseGun ShakeVert 0
set Minigun2 ShakeMag 0
set Minigun2 ShakeVert 0
set Minigun2 ShakeTime 0
set Ripper ShakeMag 0
set Ripper ShakeVert 0
set ShockRifle ShakeTime 0
set UT_BioRifle ShakeTime 0
set Enforcer ShakeTime 0
set ImpactHammer ShakeMag 0
set ImpactHammer ShakeTime 0

set RedeemerTrail BParticles 0
set UT_ShellCase BHidden 1
set RocketMK2 RotationRate (roll=0)
set PlasmaSphere ExpType none
set ShockBeam RotationRate (roll=0,pitch=0,yaw=0)
set UT_RingExplosion BHidden 1
set UT_RingExplosion5 BHidden 1
set UT_RingExplosion4 BHidden 1
set MiniShellCase BHidden 1
set EnhancedRespawn BHidden 1
set PickupMessagePlus BisConsoleMessage 0

set Chip BHidden 1
set UT_Spark BHidden 1
set UT_Sparks BHidden 1
set WaterRing BHidden 1
set WaterZone ViewFog (x=0,y=0,z=0)

Thanks for listening. Please reply soon! :)

Oh also… could someone right down some tips for melee fighting and sniping. lol I really need to improve my game.

I will only comment to the precache feature. (however, I only have basic knowledge about it and it may be wrong too)
when turned to true, it does what it says: it precaches various things so that your game wont stutter anywhere during the level because it has to load some things that it hadnt needed before. example, visual effects such as explosions and minigun fire arent displayed when you spawn, therefore arent accessed/loaded at that time. when you enable precache, it loads all of that stuff (into RAM, I guess) on mapstart (after it has loaded the map, during the connection progress). disabling precache results in slightly faster gameplay, but as described above, has the disadvantage of possible game stuttering.
I have never heard anywhere before that disabled precaching eliminates the freeze that happens when you take a screenshot. and I would wonder a lot about the skills of the programmers' over at Epic, if it did have anything to do with it.

AtmaDragon said:
Also, whenver I use my "summon all weapons" bind, and get all the weapons, I keep automatically receiving the weapons every so often without even summoning them again. What does that, what's the point, and how can I stop it?

it's the same as if you place a weapon with the unreal editor, the weapon just stays where you summoned it until you finish the level. it has the same respawn times (unless you tick "weapons stay: ON" of course). i don't know how you disable that and i don't think there's a way to do that, but i do know that it's usefull to have it stay there, because when you summon weapons you often want to practice launching for example and if you die you can just pick up the weapon again without summoning it every single time. if the weapons disturb you just summon them in a corner of the map where you don't see them too obviously :cool:

Doesn;t that precache section exist in your unrealtournament.ini ? Dunno if anyone else has told you that yet so I thought I'd mention it lol. And I'll use it too cos I have to endure a screen freeze every time I get a double kill. Yes I suckthat much.

'UsePrecache.
Setting this to False will eliminate the pre-caching that you will experience when loading a level. This will removes the delay & hard drive accessing that occurs as a result of it. It can also eliminates the crashes that occur with some graphics cards when precaching. Although performance may be adversely affected when set to False. Setting it to True may improve performance on some graphics cards, although level loading will take longer'

Affect on the Sshot-freeze? Can't believe that.

lame tweaks !! all dark there ,,, not with my tweaks !! i see all there ! when u ducked on a dark place i see u ! when u do feigndeath i see u ! but that duno know m1c he told me an aimbotter coz he done feigndeath and i saw it !!! :P :fingers: m1c xD

M®.F®0$T said:
lame tweaks !! all dark there ,,, not with my tweaks !! i see all there ! when u ducked on a dark place i see u ! when u do feigndeath i see u ! but that duno know m1c he told me an aimbotter coz he done feigndeath and i saw it !!! :P :fingers: m1c xD
Congratulations.

Ice said:
it's the same as if you place a weapon with the unreal editor, the weapon just stays where you summoned it until you finish the level. it has the same respawn times (unless you tick "weapons stay: ON" of course). i don't know how you disable that and i don't think there's a way to do that, but i do know that it's usefull to have it stay there, because when you summon weapons you often want to practice launching for example and if you die you can just pick up the weapon again without summoning it every single time. if the weapons disturb you just summon them in a corner of the map where you don't see them too obviously :cool:

What I mean is I use my summon allweapons bind and even if I die and DON'T pick up ANY weapons ANYWHERE for some reason they appear in the list at the bottom of the screen and I can use them. They literally just appear in my inventory without me summoning any more or picking up any at all.

maybe you summon them just at the place where you stand, try flymode or put a "walkbackwards" bind in your summon bind. thats also usefull for dropping weapons so you wont pick them up again because of running straight into them

AtmaDragon said:
What I mean is I use my summon allweapons bind and even if I die and DON'T pick up ANY weapons ANYWHERE for some reason they appear in the list at the bottom of the screen and I can use them. They literally just appear in my inventory without me summoning any more or picking up any at all.
Yes i have had that too, getting ammo without taking it lOL! then i used a other method to pickup guns and ammo, and thats working fine ever since :)

Ice said:
if the weapons disturb you just summon them in a corner of the map where you don't see them too obviously :cool:
If you don't want the weapons / ammo to respawn, or wish them to respawn, but at a larger timescale, then you can do the following:

a) Spawn their Unreal 1 equivalent, i.e. for Sniper Rifle: unreali.rifle instead of sniperrifle

b) Adjust item(s) respawn time (if you want things to respawn), e.g.
set unreali.sniperrifle bWeaponStay True
set unreali.sniperrifle ReSpawnTime 180

get unreali.sniperrifle ammoname (use to get the ammo class for this item)

set [ammo class] ReSpawnTime 180

AtmaDragon said:
Lastly, you know the console message "Player killed his own dumb self." What's this message's class? I have the class for just about every other message and I've even experimented trying to find this one, but to no avail.
DeathVerb=" was "
DeathPrep=" by "
DeathTerm="killed"
ExplodeMessage=" was blown up."
SuicideMessage=" had a sudden heart attack."
FallMessage=" left a small crater."
DrownedMessage=" forgot to come up for air."
BurnedMessage=" was incinerated."
CorrodedMessage=" was slimed."
HackedMessage=" was hacked."
MortarMessage=" was blown up by a mortar."
MaleSuicideMessage=" killed his own dumb self."
FemaleSuicideMessage=" killed her own dumb self."

AtmaDragon said:
I changed the pick-up messages for everything, but set UT_Stealth PickUpMessage blah didn't work unless the invisibility was summoned. Do some summoned items have differrent classes than those that are in an actual level? If so, what are all the items with more than one class, what are the classes, what are the differences, and what are the points of the differnces?
If an item, such as UT_Stealth is not already loaded into memory by a map, then you *will* need to load it into memory manually, in the form of a summon. - If an item isn't present then a value cannot be set for it. This applies to ALL items in UT; but you only notice it on a few since the common items are preloaded as soon as you load a gametype (hell even the flyby).

There should not be a difference between summoned items and items that are already placed on the map (e.g. summoning ut_jumpboots and a pair of jumpboots that are already present, say, on AS-Bridge - setting a value for one will set a value for all).

Try loading up a local map that contains invisibility (you'll find that the majority of Assault maps will not contain it, so try maps like DM-Barricade, or DM-Codex; hell, even CTF-Command has an invisibility.

Sorry; i just remembered telepathy doesn't work in the forums :D

get TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage

set TournamentGameInfo MaleSuicideMessage killed his own dumb self.

The thing with screenshots is if you play at a highish resolution the screenies will be big files that take time to generate so it probably comes down to hard drive spreed/screen resolution/cpu speed etc.

Only thing that Ive noticed that helps is that theres less of a freeze after the first one, so take one when you first start a map maybe.

I did have a list of other tweaks but since my hard drive went down I lost a lot of stuff but as soon as I can put some together I'll post them