Minecraft!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah been playing it loads and ended up buying it. The time people must spend on the game though watching some of the youtube vids.

Like this for example:

some peoples have too much time.

rebuilding the starship Enterprise in 1:1? Seriously, wtf? :rofl:

If you played the free version, you can't do much. In Alpha there is a day and night cycle, crafting, mobs at night. etc. loads of fun.

bought it, don't regret it one bit, have played it way too much in the last 48 hours, got a nice little castle with a small grass courtyard to plant trees, and a huge lookout tower with a tree at the top so i can see it from my spawn point.

atm im just struggling a bit to find minerals (iron, gold diamond)
i found a bit of iron in a cave near a beach and when i dug upwards to get out of the cave turns out i was underwater so it fell on me and i drowned/lost all the iron i had mined :mad:

bought it, don't regret it one bit, have played it way too much in the last 48 hours, got a nice little castle with a small grass courtyard to plant trees, and a huge lookout tower with a tree at the top so i can see it from my spawn point.

Seriously. Listen to yourself. You've got a small grass courtyard where you plant stuff.

What.

yesterday saw a video where someone rebuilt a 16bit processor with Minecraft and explained detailed every "bit". :rolleyes:
It was ike a carcrash, horrible, but i couldnt stop watching just thinking: oh boy.

This "game" seems to be the perfect platform for nerds. And html's post just supports my opinion. :lol:
Building a garden to plant blocky stuff? Jesus

5008_9c00_420.gif

But i don't care :P

1: inside my "castle" was originally a cave so the only wall i had to build to protect myself from zombies was the one on my left. I later turned all the walls to stone at night when i was bored of waiting for the sun to rise and the zombies to catch on fire!
2: my little inner courtyard of teh gay~, where noting is planted atm, was originally a pretty deep hole and that little cliff to the top right of my cursor was originally bigger, so I flattened it and used the dirt to fill the hole thus making a nice lil neat flat courtyard, later i might wall off the whole thing to be zombie proof and plant stuff at night yo!
3: a view from the very top of my "castle", my spawn point (when you die theres no penalty you just drop all your items when you die and return to your spawn point) is behind the small hill behind my cursor, btw thats sunrise.
4: A pretty big valley and on the right side the entrance of the mine I dug in hopes of finding iron but theres only coal so far in that damn mountain, also behind that ridge left of the mine entrance is actually a waterfall/river so i might try and dig through that ridge and make a small river in that valley to farm stuff, instead of having to hunt for pigs to make food. gg using landscape to my advantage!
5: a view of my "castle" there was initially 2 big "twin-peaks" 1 of which had a small cave in it (became my house), just for funsies i linked both of the peaks and planted a tree up there, juste because i can. Also I had trouble finding my place the first few times i respawned so 2 twin peaks linked by a stone bridge with a tree on top is a pretty unique landmark !
6: teh kewl part of the gaem for all u non nerds out there, fighting zombies and spiders and skeletons (skeleton on that picture shooting arrows at me and being very annoying) they are actually hard to kill so u wanna stay indoors at night untill u have like a diamond sword and armour. I guess that is the point of the survival mode, survive till u can be safely out at night! Also u can see the tree i planted at the top of my "bridge" lit by 4 torches looks naise!

minecrafty.jpg

And bart: the game is for people with imagination, so indeed most nerds have a bigger imagination than "normal-people". I'm having loads of fun so far though so gg judging that :P In fact I should be the one feeling sorry for you since you can't enjoy this fun nerd-game.

Last edited:
88348463.jpg

glass house, iron door activable by button (neat cuz it closes automaticly)

18926229.jpg

i figured out water (it stops flowing after 7 squares on the same level so every 6 squares you gotta drop one in height) and diverted that waterfall for my farming needs muhahaha!

22118408.jpg

my little courtyard of teh gay~ with a complete stone wall and glass roof; trees are growing!