lockdown

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I agree with maber and disagree with mym.

lockdown imho favours "dumb" assault, aka just rushing forward with minigun, it does not only affect people who solo all around hammerjumping, it also prevents you from dodging in many situations (like the example of my movie on lavafort)

imo people on defence should have to think about where offence could pass them over, and get in a position to be able to kill them either in the air with sniper or shock or kill them when they land... just rushing forward with minigun knowing that if you spray and pray you have a tremendous chance that nothing will be able to get past you even if your aim sucks, is really dumb and dull... :o

Iggi, easiest way to get a rough idea is to count how long it takes to empty a known amount of bullets, that gives you about 19S/sec in realtime or about 17S/sec in UT time, both are higher than what you said they should be.

Maber, you cant lock someone down if theres no lockdown no matter if you have perfect aim, surely thats the point of nolockdown. You can however keep a continous aim on them which gives same result but that has nothing to do with lockdown and confuses matters.

html of course you're going to disagree on this, people can spin things whichever way they want in the end it comes down to how good people are at persuading those that disagree.

dull:
playing someone that you never see
playing someone that uses lockdown to immobilise you

dumb:
getting in a position where people can lock you down
spray and pray
trying to manouver in a position where someone has a weapon that can lock you down

skilled:
playing against someone that never gets to shoot you as they never see you
killing person before they get a chance to lock you down
using lockdown in a situation to stop someone hammerjumping away

You can pick whatever points you want to argue but in the end unless someone backs down on what they believe it will you get you nowhere and it is a waste of everyone involved's time. Rather than arguing for one side altering lockdown as Uzi said is your best compromise and most likely way of keep the majority happy, maybe put some time into looking into the viability of this instead of arguing the same points over and over, Id doubt you'd need access to las source to see the practiality of how much work is involved.

Agree with MyM, theres no problem with lockdown if you can counteract against it. Only occasionally have I witnessed it being a problem. Generator on Ballistic being the main one where sometimes you go to the left side to avoid going up the stairs and getting headshot, you cannot jump the ledge because of being gunned. However, clever players would anticipate this and cover their back. Point is, it is easy to headshot someone when you are being locked down...

dumb:
getting in a position where people can lock you down

:lol: :rofl: :lol: ANYWHERE?!?!?! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

im only trying to find reasons why I like assault without lockdown more then assault with lockdown, lockdown is currently a feature of the minigun yes, but even without it the minigun is still a usefull weapon, and it is still possible to defend against people who hammerjump.

Tbh theres nothing skilled about stopping a hj with minigun with the rof/area that it has.

oh and also nolockdown removes ingame whining:
cuz nobody ever says "OMG U HAMMERJUMPED U FO" or "WTF DODGING IS GAY"

Last edited:
I was actually trying to be helpful and argue for both sides to try and explain why you will always have people for and against lockdown which is maybe why a solution that made both parties happy should be looked into but if you want to reply with clever remarks like that then fine.

'getting in a position where people can lock you down' to which your reply is anywhere, well lets see, I get in a position where I dont let enemy see me and therefore dont shoot me, wow no lockdown because im not getting shot. Or perhaps im far enough away from them that they cant get lockdown to work adequately and stop me, or I dont try to hj in a part of the map which has high firerate weapons avail to def, see however you want to argue this there are always points for and against, youll get nowhere.

There are plenty of maps where its a skillfull weapon choice for stopping HJ's, there are also plenty where it isnt, again totally depends on map and weapon+ammo siting.

lockdown is currently a feature of the minigun yes

Actually it isnt, its a feature of EVERY weapon, the rate of fire of the weapon determines how prolific it is.

And as for stopping in game whining, now I know youre taking the piss. Remove lockdown and something else will be found to take its place, I would have been sure that everyone that has played in this league for a little while knows that, as a community we are never happy.

yeah I see no problem with lockdown from other weapons, sniper deals a minimum of 67 damage /bullet so it seems a bit more normal that losing more then half of default health in 1 shot could possibly interfere with your body, pulse also has a high rof but it has nowhere as near range as the mini so its not really rigged.

and if cb12 or another nolockdown were to be applied im pretty sure the next whining topic would be "sniper is too powerfull" but sniper needs accuracy and skill to use so its a bit useless to argue against it. While I believe arguments against the "lockdown ray of death" minigun are founded.

and for the "getting in a position where the enemy can't see you"..... gl if you can't hammer anywhere to get out of sight, or dodge behind a wall because you just can't dodge...

on a side note I'd like to know (assuming cb12 idd does not work with las140) if a poll were to be made asking, "Would you like to test cb12 (new tiw for the minigun and nolockdown) on the pug server for 1 week?" and the result of this poll had a majority of "yes".

Would you (MyM) be willing to put on the cb12 mutator for 1 week AND unfortunately switch the pug server to las136? Because if admins won't do it its useless to even make a poll.

am i one of the few ppl who wants lockdown?:x... fs guys, get sniper, headshot the one who is shooting u with minigun.. they arent impossible to kill u know. i never thought that ppl can whine and complain so much about a stupid 7 year old game..

I have no problem with setting it up for testing it but is it a worthwhile test. If CB12 is not compatible with las140 then that basically means it will never be implemented, is there any point in testing something that will never be used?

Yah, i tried counting emptying the bullets as well but i was getting numbers of 15 bullets/second even with cb12 enabled which simply should not be true.

And about lockdown, i feel the only problem is that imo minigun wasnt meant to be a weapon used to kill someone with 100/100 5 feet from an objective. I feel it is more of a wearing down weapon, and there is a decent kill weapon before every objective that can be used instead.

Last edited:
im pretty sure the next whining topic would be "sniper is too powerfull" but sniper needs accuracy and skill to use so its a bit useless to argue against it.
sniper is already the strongest weapon , the easyiest weapon to kill 3 defenders in a row while keeping 100 healt.
and it's not that much skilled tbh , just get the good height and spam ur bullets , u'll get kills even with closed eyes :P

"Tbh theres nothing skilled about stopping a hj with minigun with the rof/area that it has."

u could say the same about any instant hit weapons since someone jummping is like someone running straight forward :P
but i don't think "skill" should be an argument against lockdown , 80% or more kills/deaths are not skilled ones in AS.
most are just made with blind spamming :snot: :x

yes its sad cb12 currently doesnt seem to work with las140 but if we do test cb12 and most people prefer to play like dat then perhaps admins should find a way to make the 2 of them compatible, either by modifying cb12 or las140. I don't know shit about programmation but I believe it would be far easier to make 2 things compatible then recode every player class to lower the lockdown effect like uzi suggested.

And since admins seem open to testing I suggest that everyone who moans about lockdown, shut up and try something constructive like voting here instead of admin bashing.

Last edited: