League Assault v135

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
League Assault v135 has been released and is available for download from the web site. Changes in this version are:

- Netspeed Monitoring and Change Prevention. Players netspeed will now show on the scoreboard (unless mute is active) and players will suicide if they change their netspeed during the game. Netspeeds less than 2600 are not permitted.
- Removed buggy laser fence in AS-AutoRIP. After initially attempting to fix the problem to no avail I have removed the buggy laser fence (that it is possible to jump through).
- Added new %NEARESTTEAMMATE% parameter and modified %LOCATION% parameter in extended Say/TeamSay commands. %NEARESTTEAMMATE% should be self explanitory, %LOCATION% has been changed to show the name of the nearest objective if location is unknow.
- Added coloured rifles to iAS. To match the coloured beams.

I've also added a section to the web site for previous League Assault builds (back to 118 when I started keeping them). A lot of ppl have requested them for demo playback. You can now get them here.

Update: Server Package v135b released to fix bug with AS-AutoRIP laser fence. Only required for servers.

No i couldn't be arsed to rebuild it all just to put a limit for the netspeed display in. It can wait till the next version :D

Small bug found. If you blow the defence door on AutoRIP the laser fence returns. You can still go through it tho without the fear of being killed (the triggers have been removed).

I'll release a small SP update to fix the problem, it won't require a client download.

(and no I won't fix the netspeed problem at the same time, since that would require a new Main Package & Client Download).

Originally posted by Phear
- Added new %NEARESTTEAMMATE% parameter and modified %LOCATION% parameter in extended Say/TeamSay commands. %NEARESTTEAMMATE% should be self explanitory, %LOCATION% has been changed to show the name of the nearest objective if location is unknow.
You implemented it! Thanks man, keep up the good work. :)

noooooooooooo :( why don't you think of us dialup users fs!!!!!!! :( my connection lags like hell now on jolt cuz the netspeed is too high (2600) :( plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz get rid of that stupid limit!!!!! it's useless anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I used 4000 netspeed when I was on a 56k fs. 2600 netspeed is equivalent to a 20.8k modem, so unless like Opti says your on a 14.4k (in which case you don't meet the minimum specs for UT) then you will have no problems.

nice work

but the connection to server 1 and 2 are very bad at the mom

whit t-online germany and DSL ping 200-350 in match
normaly 80-100

Attachments

• 0000.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 126