Lack of General Activity

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Andy

I work for BT, adore me!
Jun 7, 2001
Wigan/Rochdale
There seems to be a total lack of activty within this fledgling community. I have challeneged people to no avail, some without even an acknowledgement. Is anyone actually up for a game, or did they join just because it was there. [X] I challeneged you some time ago and suggested a schedule you never replied, I cancelled to play another match it is still there waiting, can you suggest a schedule. I tried your IRC but no response from people in there. dB* you challenged us but never followed it up, I checked and you have no players so I cancelled. These are two of but a few instances where I have cancelled or just failed to get a response.

So who is actually interested?

I can only speak for {R-C} and »Ni« though, but these are as interested, as you possibly can be.

If only other clans could say the same :|

X-Bomb said:
mi5 would also probably play more games if there was more interest.
There's nothing stopping them.. and if that is all clans POV, I'm not wondering why there's so little activity as there is.

Funny thing is that a division clan (ni) has to challenge a HZ clan to play a war (mi5) :uhh:

Legion will be active very soon when we finish putting squad together etc which we were finding tough for a bit but hopefully with some recent developments that will not be the case soon and the wars will start for us 2K4AS:chilled:

I am fucking advertising where i can FS...

maybe some help would be good...

I am Member of different forums and i post there about this League and i changed my signature to a "fraghub.net - advertisement"... thinking about it... i should be payed for this ;)

subZ said:
There's nothing stopping them.. and if that is all clans POV, I'm not wondering why there's so little activity as there is.

Funny thing is that a division clan (ni) has to challenge a HZ clan to play a war (mi5) :uhh:

we got a lot on atm thats why i havent been putting out a lot of challenges, but we hadnt received any ourselves either and it was us who challenged NI, not the other way round

the problem with the league as it is, theres not enough teams registered to motivate ppl into competing in it. league admins should start pimping fraghub on INA for starters, jolt forums as well, and make sure you mention kips offer about gameservers, ppl are always wanting free stuff

munkZ said:
and it was us who challenged NI, not the other way round
Leaguesite-wise you are right, if we talk about initiating a challenge by stepping by in your channel and fetching one of your members to get you to challenge us, we 'challenged' you.
A division clan can't challenge any clan through the league-site when we were the only one IN the division, so before we could get our wars going, we needed to contact a HZ clan.

munkZ said:
the problem with the league as it is, theres not enough teams registered to motivate ppl into competing in it. league admins should start pimping fraghub on INA for starters, jolt forums as well, and make sure you mention kips offer about gameservers, ppl are always wanting free stuff
Fraghub has been advertised on 15+ forums, jolt included (of which got deleted before anyone could see it), so please tell me what else to do, because that kind of advertisements didn't work as well as expected.

well atm theres now 24 signed up clans and 186 players....clearly not all of those clans have entered leagues yet nor has every player found a clan (so there's hope for those clans looking for new players ;))

Clearly the 2 leagues arent as active as we would have liked up to now but we would also have to say that it was not entirely unexpected...It's just not possible to create a busy, active and successful league overnight and as frustrating as this is, every day brings more signups and more signs of activity :)

I'm slightly reluctant to pimp Fraghub more than we already have because I still believe there are some remaining problems to iron out (incl cheat protection issues and possible changes to match format as well as some 'bugs' with the ASS) - more feedback on these things, especially format for each league would help ensure we've got Fraghub 'right' and therefore in itself encourage more activity :) clearly this would be easier if existing clans played more matches.

Activity and interest should increase dramatically once we're able to implement the nonogon system and force 4 matches /month as in UTA - until then we're grateful to everyone who tries to keep the ball rolling by spreading the word and playing matches as well as providing feedback on the Fraghub format :whip:

tbh mi5 are playing in CB-League... why dont they advertise a bit there???
So the clans from the CB-League join Fraghub...

Why not start the nonagon system right now?

In this way clans will start matches at once.
Who cares if you win or loose afterall here to begin with?
I mean, I can put my honour away for a good cause. SUYM lost to Nuclf. We knew we would (big time), but we did it to get some action going.
SUYM has some difficulties to gather a full team every time (ppl play UT99 still + diverse mods).

But!
If we activate matches like in the old UTA's nonagon system we would at least have started up the wars on a permanent basis. This system works even in a single division. So, what's the problem?

We will not have any clans entering if there's no wars going on.

And then forget your 'pride' and play 4 vs 4 or whatever.

Action comes where action is. You can't draw peoples attetion towards something that looks dead.

Listen to an old man ;)

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I allready warned you bout that last week of december i'd do what i could but it was not very likely. With clan members going on holls and me on nightshifts. I proposed a new date n time.

Solution to inactivity NONAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and just irc checking is a bit .... i put in icq and msn details aswell. )

There's not enough clans to make the nonagon system work.

But go ahead and enforce nonagon in the HZ .. :]

Then skip the HZ for now and let clans play as it is until there's enough clans to build 2 divisions + HZ.

Rookie was right for once :x Lot's of people on holiday's now.