1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids 5/7 -side footy

Discussion in 'NON-Unreal Tournament Forum' started by Maxiz!, May 14, 2013.

1. Maxiz!

Maxiz! Heather_Morris^

Hi!

I've been asked by my workplace and local footy team to help out and coach a few u9-u12 teams and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such things? Like, the basic stuff - if you have any helpful tips or idea - anything is appreciated. I really am clueless lol. Not sure why they asked me to begin with.. But I thought I'd give it a go.

2. seas_

seas_ New Member

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. Useless

Useless Bravo

Ball must be spherical.

[​IMG] - GOOD

[​IMG] - BAD

4. Maxiz!

Maxiz! Heather_Morris^

thanks for that link seas, it looks interesting. I'll check it out tonight :)
    Edit: Only problem with that link seas is that it's for American Football so I'm not sure how much that will apply. I'll give it a shot though :P

And as for your tips Useless, they were absolutely shocking and useless, as always. thanks! :poke:

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. Killing_Joke

Killing_Joke TNT

Hey Max. I would suggest you to divide each practice time in several sections. It could be something like Warm-up excersises (stretching, runs, etc.), Technical abilities (speed excersises, ball driblling, passes, cornes, shoot at goal, etc.), Practice Match and Theory (explain: tactics for attacking/defending, how to kick ball properly, penalty, free kicks, what should forward/half-back/back do, offside etc. etc.) Essentially that should be it. I would spend most time on match because its the fun and main reason kids are there.

6. Useless

Useless Bravo

Just kidding, Max, good luck, sounds interesting.

7. Maxiz!

Maxiz! Heather_Morris^

KJ! Thanks!

I've been thinking something along those lines aswell, with the different sections and what-not. I've been to watch some of the girls teams (which are probably the ones I'm gonna get since they're being coached by random parents every week) and they have a shocking first touch! Plus as an added bonus, most of them are afraid of the ball so I'd probably have to start there somewhere.

Thanks for the tips :)

8. Riv

Riv TonTon

Teach them to never walk alone

9. Maxiz!

Maxiz! Heather_Morris^

They never do! They've got me, they've got Liverpool! The Liverpool way will be present in everything I do!