IRC worms 'n' virus

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

doh

hodlike
Oct 21, 2001
Denmark
This thread will describe the current IRC worms and virus floating around IRC.. If you have been directed to this thread from our #virus channel you most probably have one of the worms/virus below..

If you know about a recent virus/worm please feel free to post it here, and if you can, include the following:

• The link that is spammed upon infection of the client... Do not paste the direct link (to avoid people clicking them), but replace a few letters of the url, and write below what you changed
  • A fix for the worm/virus
  • If you know one, a regex that will block the text that is spammed upon infection (dont mind about this if you dont know one)

Reactions: subZ
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bossk
I think it did. used it on mine. Found some shit. It were trojans tho. I hope that one too

my experiance is that the only virusses i get are via irc actually (installed it 3 times from diffr. servers) and always get a virus within some days, i don't know how, (i have zonelabs and norton) and it still effecs my comp ffs

:\

Try never to click links you dont know what contains.. also make sure you always use the newest version of mIRC (if you use mIRC) as the older ones have security issues

lycos replaced with xxxxx

[edit doh]This one might still be active.. at least it displays a site with a photo on, and source contains some scripting.. ill add it to the IRC spamfilter just incase[edit]

misc repalced with xxx

[edit doh]This one opens a video, which displays a man getting hurt.. i dont know if it contains a virus [edit]

[note]I deleted the others, they were all either shut down or dead links[/note]

how do i get it away??

i dont get any when i visrus scan my pc :shout:
but i still get to #virus :mad:
and i have delete my notpad and got my brothers:s

Xerxes said:
how do i get it away??

i dont get any when i visrus scan my pc :shout:
but i still get to #virus :mad:
and i have delete my notpad and got my brothers:s

Hmmm, i have see this before...i spent 40min working on ti before it was gone.......and yes, there is no antivirus that can fix this, u allready have the infected file at u'r pc. but i know what to do with it....if i remember it...

btw look at this tread : http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=44686 :D

When i view the source, it looks like a poor attempt at making a netscape/mozilla virus.. it displays a install dialog that lets you download a package named picture.xpm... now who's gonna be stupid enough to click install?