irc for mac osx ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

!r!e

-)EaS*
Mar 16, 2003
Berlin
aloha, got a new macbook pro oleee and i want irc on it. just googled for osx clients and downloaded xirc, but maybe there s a better client, so before i get used to xirc, is there a good irc client for mac ?

Theres hardly a client that looks like mIRC or the scripts for windows that are built on mIRC. I'm using an Apple G5 at work with the latest Mac OS X, and so far i haven't really found an IRC client that works as i'd like to see it work. xIRC is the most 'famous' IRC client for OS X.

What i use is Colloquy. Alot better than all the commercial shit scripts. Check it out.

You can aswell just check this list.

thx peter ;)

with xirc i can t even connect as !r!e caus ! is invalid letter lol
repbotchannels are strange, killing messages missing, only see the names, really strange everythin...

Last edited:
Well i don't think u can connect with !r!e to IRC anyway, since it is invalid to use on the UTAS IRC servers afaik. Tell me if you have found what you were looking for!
Try Colloquy out, it actually looks and works better than mIRC scripts ;)

Last edited:
x-chat aqua is the best imo... I love it, the only thing that sux is that you cant motified colourful topics...